Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Sonic the Hedgehog

Twi Rubix

So do we have any Sonic the Hedgehog fans here?

If so, how long have you been a fan?

What's your favorite game in the series?

Who's your favorite character besides Sonic?

I've enjoyed Sonic ever since I was about 6-7.

My favorite game would have to be Sonic Adventure 2.

And my favorite character is Shadow.

So how about you?

I'm a sonic fan. As soon as I get a wii u I'm going to get sonic and all stars racing transformed.

I really don't know. All I know is sonic advance was my first game, then sonic adventure 2 Battle.

Sonic advance 2.

Probably either Dr. Eggman or Vector.

• Brohoof 1

I like Sonic. My Mom really liked the first game in the series, so I grew up playing that one. My favorite game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. And my favorite character is... I don't really have one.

Also, my most hated game is Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), you can read my review of it on my profile. you can read it here: http://mlpforums.com/topic/37403-my-sonic-the-hedgehog-2006-halloween-joke-review/#entry882318

Edited by Prof. Yana
  • Brohoof 1

I'd say I'm a mild sonic fan. I've created some bad artwork, and played about 4 sonic games. I've been a fan ever since Sonic the hedgehog 2 came out.

My favorite game would be Sonic Adventure 2, the chao garden and gameplay was better for me than SA1, sense SA had BIG in it, which I thought was one of the stupidest things to do.

Shadow would be my biggest fav, with knuckles following close behind. As you read before, I think BIG is the worst character, and the gameplay for BIG in SA1 I thought was terrible.

Edited by Retro_Derpy

I've been a Sonic fan since '95, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the very first game I played, period. My favorite of the Sonic games is Sonic CD, my favorite character overall is Dr.Robotnik, he's Eggman to the newer generation and the Japanese but he'll always be Robotnik to me, but my favorite character to control is Knuckles, because he's so versitlile and stuff. I kinda stopped playing Sonic games after Adventure, but I've recently played Generations and enjoyed it very much.

However if you want a good story to read or have ever wanted to try role playing, here a link to a Sonic/MLP crossover that's pretty good, http://mlpforums.com/topic/39586-sonic-the-hedgehog-friendship-is-way-past-cool-2/#entry945398 right now they have like four people playing three characters each, so a few more rpers would be appreciated. Sorry if it seems like self promotion, but at least it's on topic.

I am a Sonic Fan!

I have been a fan since I was 6 I Think.

My favorite Sonic game has to be Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle. I played that game longer than I should have.

And my favorite Sonic character isTails.

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Sonic fan.

No, to say I was a "fan" would be putting it too light. I almost qualify for "rabid crazy fanboy." Of course, I'm not one of those who rages at others who disagree with me or anything, most people disagree with me on my opinions on Sonic. :lol:

Been a fan since I was a real young kid, back in Sonic's early days on the Genesis. I love the games, the comics and the cartoons alike. I really wish I had read more of the comics but I do plan to get the Classics Collections that Archie Comics is putting out.

I have about three or four versions of the first Sonic game thanks to collections of various kinds and I have quite a few of the Sonic games ever.

Sonic 1, 2, 3, Knuckles and CD

Sonic 1 and 2 for Gamegear

Sonic Adventure DX and SA2: Battle

Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and '06

Sonic Unleashed (both versions), Colors (Wii) and Generations (PS3)

Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic and the Black Knight

Sonic Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic Rush and Rush Adventure

Tails' Sky Patrol, Tails' Adventures, Sonic Labyrinth and Triple Trouble

Sonic Spinball (Gamegear and Genesis versions)

Sonic Drift 1 and 2

Sonic Riders and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Tails ring collection LED game from McDonalds (no, I'm not kidding. Wish I had gotten more of these when McDonalds had them though)

That's what I own, and I'm definitely missing some (I have the Mega and Gems collections, though not the Mega + collection, and the Ultimate Genesis Collection plus any of the games I missed on Sonic Adventure DX that you unlock by getting medals)

I've also played:

Advanced 1 and most of 2 and Battle.

Probably missing some there too. I've played a LOT of Sonic stuff so it stands to reason I'd miss a few in there.

I absolutely love the comics and have read the first 100 issues of the main comic series and have a few of the ones up in the hundreds, including the special that was released earlier this year that has most of Mobius 25 Years Later in it.

I also have all of Sonic SatAM (the one the Archie comics were based on), volume 2 of the recently released collection of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (the comedy one that played on Toon Disney way back when) and three volumes of Sonic Underground (gotta get around to finding the rest of this series)

I also have two Sonic shirts. One I got from my aunt (who knows where she got it or why she had it. lol) and one I got at Hot Topic a couple years ago.

I have plans to pick up the Sonic Figurines from Toys'R'Us sometime this month (they have packs of five for $35, I'm jumping on that without a doubt)

I often look for Sonic fanart, especially when I come across a new character that I like. My Deviantart faves page is riddled with Sonic fanart.

As far as characters go it's really hard to pick a favorite. There's so many good ones but honestly Sonic himself has never been one of my faves. He's the icon but hardly worth talking about in most cases but he does have a great story and personality in the comics, often fighting with King Acorn over how to take care of Mobius after Robotnik is defeated after the Endgame saga and such. I believe the comics have story that beats out the games by a million times and I really wish the two teams would do a collaboration, they could make a great game.

Did you know that SatAM was supposed to get a game but that was canned? It was around the time when Sonic's first 3D attempt (Sonic Xtreme) had been in development. There were like three or four projects that were created and scrapped before the first Adventure game came out.

So yeah....Sonic "fan" isn't even close to a good enough title for me. There's still many things I need to get and many games and comics I need to read but I dare say I'm one of the most dedicated Sonic fans anywhere.

• Brohoof 1

I only like the Genesis, Game Gear, and Saturn titles. Everything after Sonic Adventure 1 was pretty bad. A lot of Sonic fans think that the "dark age" of Sonic is over and that his more recent titles have fixed everything, but they're pretty mistaken. Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, and Sonic 4 Episode II are pretty bad. The main reason Sega doesn't try is because they know that their fans will buy anything with Sonic's face pasted on the cover.

One thing I really hate are the fans who look down on people who only like the older games and dislike Sonic's newer design. They think that we care about the color green in Sonic's eyes, but that's not true. I hate many things about Sonic's newer design. He has big buck teeth, noodle arms that are too long, a large head, one huge eye ball with two pupils with a giant butt crack looking thing separating the two pupils from each other, huge hands, huge feet, and a creepy looking pedo smile.

I may as well add whats so bad about Generations, Episode II, and Colors.

Sonic Generations. First off, It has a horrible story with some of the dumbest plot holes. One of them I know off the top of my head is how Classic Sonic doesn't speak. There are many reasons why this is dumb. One of them is that Classic Sonic is older than Classic Tails, yet Classic Tails can speak perfectly fine. Another one of them is that Classic Sonic spoke in Sonic CD, Sega Sonic the Hedgehog Arcade, Sonic SatAM, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Underground, Sonic OVA, Sonic's Schoolhouse, the comic books, and in the commercials. Another thing I really hate about this game is how the game forces you to play as both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic. What if I don't want to play as one of them?. But yeah, pretty much its redundant and boring boost to win game play with a side of Sonic 4 2D sections, or you get to play Sonic 4 with the Classic Sonic design.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 is just plain horrible in my opinion. I mean yeah the graphics and physics have slightly improved but there's some horrible aspects about this game. First of all SEGA, you suck at telling stories, you're trying to make this based after Sonic CD but fail horribly at it. Metal Sonic has been laying in Stardust Speed Way Zone ever since defeated in Sonic CD and Robotnik Egg Man magically brings him back with his finger and for some reason they are in the bad future even though Sonic collected all the time stones in Sonic CD and got all of the Badnik Generators so that makes absolutely no sense at all and if Sonic missed a Badnik Generator or some mysterious unknown Time Stone of some sort then how come The Little Planet left after Sonic CD? Secondly, they still only have 4 stages and they are all rehashed mixtures of Sonic 2 levels as in Episode 1 with the acceptation of Lost Labyrinth and Splash Hill Zone. Also, what the hell is with the level design I see Over 9,000 boosters and springs where ever I go and it's like the game is controlling everything for me. Over all, this Episode 2 was better than Episode 1, but it still wasn't too great.

Sonic Colors. I don't have too much to say about it. It's basically just the boring boosting forward from Sonic Unleashed with its infamous 2D sections.

That was a little bit on what I think of Sonic.

Oh.... How I love sonic the hedgehog!

I'm proud to call myself a mobian brony!

I like EVERY THING about sonic! Even the so called bad games... Every one looks at the bad side of 06...

My thoughts on 06... Music was awesome! Story was kick ass! Gameplay was a bit thought... But that's because the game was rushed...

And my favorit part about sonic is.........

Sonic underground was my favorit part about sonic!

It was a fan reject... But I still love it!

Why you ask? So the songs wernt good... Only the intro and some other songs were good... But underground was good because of the characters... My fave sonic character of all sonic characters is manic the hedgehog!

I only like the Genesis, Game Gear, and Saturn titles. Everything after Sonic Adventure 1 was pretty bad. A lot of Sonic fans think that the "dark age" of Sonic is over and that his more recent titles have fixed everything, but they're pretty mistaken. Sonic Generations, Sonic Colors, and Sonic 4 Episode II are pretty bad. The main reason Sega doesn't try is because they know that their fans will buy anything with Sonic's face pasted on the cover.

One thing I really hate are the fans who look down on people who only like the older games and dislike Sonic's newer design. They think that we care about the color green in Sonic's eyes, but that's not true. I hate many things about Sonic's newer design. He has big buck teeth, noodle arms that are too long, a large head, one huge eye ball with two pupils with a giant butt crack looking thing separating the two pupils from each other, huge hands, huge feet, and a creepy looking pedo smile.

I may as well add whats so bad about Generations, Episode II, and Colors.

Sonic Generations. First off, It has a horrible story with some of the dumbest plot holes. One of them I know off the top of my head is how Classic Sonic doesn't speak. There are many reasons why this is dumb. One of them is that Classic Sonic is older than Classic Tails, yet Classic Tails can speak perfectly fine. Another one of them is that Classic Sonic spoke in Sonic CD, Sega Sonic the Hedgehog Arcade, Sonic SatAM, The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Underground, Sonic OVA, Sonic's Schoolhouse, the comic books, and in the commercials. Another thing I really hate about this game is how the game forces you to play as both Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic. What if I don't want to play as one of them?. But yeah, pretty much its redundant and boring boost to win game play with a side of Sonic 4 2D sections, or you get to play Sonic 4 with the Classic Sonic design.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 is just plain horrible in my opinion. I mean yeah the graphics and physics have slightly improved but there's some horrible aspects about this game. First of all SEGA, you suck at telling stories, you're trying to make this based after Sonic CD but fail horribly at it. Metal Sonic has been laying in Stardust Speed Way Zone ever since defeated in Sonic CD and Robotnik Egg Man magically brings him back with his finger and for some reason they are in the bad future even though Sonic collected all the time stones in Sonic CD and got all of the Badnik Generators so that makes absolutely no sense at all and if Sonic missed a Badnik Generator or some mysterious unknown Time Stone of some sort then how come The Little Planet left after Sonic CD? Secondly, they still only have 4 stages and they are all rehashed mixtures of Sonic 2 levels as in Episode 1 with the acceptation of Lost Labyrinth and Splash Hill Zone. Also, what the hell is with the level design I see Over 9,000 boosters and springs where ever I go and it's like the game is controlling everything for me. Over all, this Episode 2 was better than Episode 1, but it still wasn't too great.

Sonic Colors. I don't have too much to say about it. It's basically just the boring boosting forward from Sonic Unleashed with its infamous 2D sections.

That was a little bit on what I think of Sonic.

Let me ask you something, and I mean this as a totally serious question: What is wrong with the boosting mechanic? You aren't forced to use it (except in Unleashed) in most cases. Yes, to get S-ranks and the like you pretty much have to but just to play the level and go through all the paths you don't need it. In fact, boosting too much might send you into the "oops, you failed" paths down below. Boosting is merely a mechanic, not a required part of the games except, as I said, for getting good grades. It's the same as requiring good use of the spindash and rolling to get through Genesis levels faster.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sonic is pretty cool, despite what everyone is saying about it going "downhill". Really, the plots of some of the newer games are a bit absurd (I mean werehogs? Really?), but I love the new graphics and gameplay (especially the gameplay)! I do like the classics, though I admit, I'm much better at and have more fun with more modern games. I have to say my favorite Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. It was the second Sonic game I played, and for some reason or another, I just love it! Maybe it's because of the Chao Garden...

Sonic is pretty cool, despite what everyone is saying about it going "downhill". Really, the plots of some of the newer games are a bit absurd (I mean werehogs? Really?), but I love the new graphics and gameplay (especially the gameplay)! I do like the classics, though I admit, I'm much better at and have more fun with more modern games. I have to say my favorite Sonic game is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. It was the second Sonic game I played, and for some reason or another, I just love it! Maybe it's because of the Chao Garden...

I don't understand why everyone has an issue with the Werehog. It's the Werewolf concept put onto a Hedgehog. That's all. Makes sense why it exists too: Because of the power of Dark Gaia that affects everyone else in the world only because Sonic is so purehearted he didn't get all depressed like everyone else.

I like the games, and if next game they have a chao garden I will HUG THEM UNTILL THEY DIE! It was so much fun in Sonic Advnture One and Two!

• Brohoof 1

I personally love the Sonic the Hedgehog series, my favorites are Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic Generations.

Sonic Generations being the most prominent due to the nostalgia factor and the fact that some of the older Sonic worlds get revamped

My favorite world out of that game has to be either Chemical Plant or Speed Highway

Edited by ~ds8~
  • Brohoof 2

I personally love the Sonic the Hedgehog series, my favorites are Sonic and the Secret Rings, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic Generations.

Sonic Generations being the most prominent due to the nostalgia factor and the fact that some of the older Sonic worlds get revamped

My favorite world out of that game has to be either Chemical Plant or Speed Highway

YES, another lover of SatBK!

It's one of my favorites as well. Absolutely love the music in that one (Great Megalith is an epic level) and the story? All of my yes.

• Brohoof 1

YES, another lover of SatBK!

It's one of my favorites as well. Absolutely love the music in that one (Great Megalith is an epic level) and the story? All of my yes.

yes indeed however, I am having quite a bit of trouble with fighting Shadow/Sir Lanelot the second time,

I swear, that rematch makes me rage so hard,

oh, I am also quite torn between The Caudron and the Great Megalith

The Great Megalith gets me because of it's music and the moonlight. 

I've never tried to fight Lancelot the second time. I'm not one to allow myself to rage on something I know will make me rage. LOL

I've never known if there was a Babylon level besides fighting King Arthur though and I figure if there is you get it for beating some of the side missions (or all of them)

On Sunday, I got Sonic Adventure for my Dreamcast (All the cool kids have a Dreamcast) and my nostalgia kicked in.

Seriously, this game is a masterpiece. I would kill for another Sonic entry that controls like this one, minus the atrocious camera.

This game is also responsible for my hatred for Big.

He was unecessary. I mean, really? Fishing!?

• Brohoof 1

On Sunday, I got Sonic Adventure for my Dreamcast (All the cool kids have a Dreamcast) and my nostalgia kicked in.

Seriously, this game is a masterpiece. I would kill for another Sonic entry that controls like this one, minus the atrocious camera.

This game is also responsible for my hatred for Big.

He was unecessary. I mean, really? Fishing!?

To be fair they had two others that controlled just like it. Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06. :lol:

A new modern one like it would be pretty sweet though (and I'm definitely a fan of the perfected Unleashed gameplay in Generations!)

• Brohoof 1

To be fair they had two others that controlled just like it. Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic 06. :lol:

A new modern one like it would be pretty sweet though (and I'm definitely a fan of the perfected Unleashed gameplay in Generations!)

Or... They could make an Adventure-like game with Unleashed-like segments!  :blink:

Quick! How do I email Sega!? They need to be reminded of what they did right!

Supernova is correct. All the cool kids have a Dreamcast. I've got 30 games for it and I'm never letting them go.

Discordian, you are definitely best Sonic fan...but these parts really got me going!

I believe the comics have story that beats out the games by a million times and I really wish the two teams would do a collaboration, they could make a great game.

Did you know that SatAM was supposed to get a game but that was canned? It was around the time when Sonic's first 3D attempt (Sonic Xtreme) had been in development. There were like three or four projects that were created and scrapped before the first Adventure game came out.

OMG, a game for Sonic SatAM would have ruled. That series introduced me to Sonic. No one can say Adventures Of or Sonic X was the best Sonic cartoon until they've seen that. The storyline was so much cooler, the voice acting was better...they were going to have a new storyline in Season 3 where Sniveley became the new antagonist after the death of Robotnik (NOT Dr. Eggman! Seriously, Robotnik would kick Eggman's ass), but then the show got canceled because of Power Rangers. Which is just ONE of the problems I have with Power Rangers but that's for another thread.

I have the whole SatAM DVD set complete with fanart on all the cases and an interview with Jaleel White. B) Bunnie and Rotor and all the others were great characters, even Antoine. I was introduced to the greatness of Tails early on. And I thought Sally was cute.

imagesqtbnANd9GcThmToTMYRINwpXP6Q1TvlSnS

Don't judge me! xD

Really, if it hadn't been for that show I may never have gotten into the games. But eventually I did and I loved them, too. Sadly, Sonic SatAM is one of several awesome early 90's cartoons that never got the credit they deserved (Garfield & Friends and Samurai Pizza Cats being others on my list). It's like nobody remembers anything before Power Rangers and Animaniacs.

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 4

I've always been a Sally fan myself.

Most of my Sonic fanboying didn't really start until the Adventure and Heroes games. It's only grown since then and now I'm all over the comics and cartoons.

Personally though I may actually like Adventures more than SatAM because there's a little more consistency with the characters. Sonic, for example, is more the daring hero (with a dash of cool) that he's made out to be while in SatAM he's kinda immature and takes way too many chances.

Did you know Amy Rose was originally going to be Sally, tying the comics with the games, but they changed her for some reason (never was sure of the reason on that)

That's why Sonic Spinball has the SatAM characters in the bonus games. It was also supposed to make said connection.

I never had a Dreamcast unfortunately but I do have a few Dreamcast games on PS2 and Gamecube if that counts.

Looking at a list of Dreamcast games I have:

Phantasy Star Online

Headhunter and Headhunter: Redemption

Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Donald Duck: Goin' Quackers (Actually had this on PS1, had no idea it was Dremcast)

• Brohoof 1

I'll be honest, I don't hate Sonic '06. I just don't think it's the best example of a Sonic game.

The reason the game is so "bad" is because it was rushed to shelves, not a really comprehendable story, yada yada yada....

It did have "Adventure Fields" and the Adventure-style gameplay which I like. It had potential, is what i'm saying.

Jeez Sega, i'd rather buy a good game on Valentine's Day than a crappy game on Christmas. :/