Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you be embarrassed?

Emerald Wave

Nope, not in the slightest. When I did go to public school; I wore pony shirts..so.... Most, if not all of them, already know that I'm a brony. I don't really think it needs to be hidden. Besides, if the person is mean, I probably despise them; I could care less what that fool had to think.

• Brohoof 8

i probably wouldn't. but i do think a lot of people on my school would think i'm weird. since MLP FiM doesn't air in my country. they would probably start bullying me. but let them. i couldn't care less about what other people think.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.<br /><br />This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Nope. I don't hide the fact that I am a brony at school anyway. I always wear a Chrysalis jacket when at school, so everyone already knows that I am part of the fandom. If they don't like that, then tough luck. If they make fun of and ridicule me because of it, then they are showing how low and pathetic they are and I won't stoop down to their level.

• Brohoof 2

Nope!

Trust me when I say that I have a rough life in terms of family and school, but name calling me? That's weak.

I usually don't care, and if they do make fun of me, then I'd really don't care. It takes a lot to break me...

I wouldn't be embarrassed not in the slightest. I've been wearing pony shirts ever since I started high school so, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be ashamed of who I am at all.

I personally don't see why they'd care. Out of all the things you'd mock me for, you choose that. It's way too shallow and stupid to actually be offended by. Besides, there are other proud pegasisters at my school that get me motivated to be open about it.

I don't see what the big deal is for other people about me watching a children's show, and I shouldn't care about what they think anyways.

MLP didn't exist when I went to secondary/high school. But if it did, and assuming I was brony then, given the way I was back in school I probably would've been an open brony much the way I am, but if someone started mocking me for it, I'd probably feel ashamed.

(edited)

Not at all.

I'm not embarrassed by those kinds of things. In fact, one of my brother's friends was informed that I was a brony, and he was lightheartedly picking on me for it, but all I could do was smile.

Bullies always give up on me because of my calm demeanor. 

Edited by Keiichi

(edited)

Well I don't go to school anymore I got work now yay! ugg anyway, If I was at a school and other ponies found out I was a brony, I wouldn't mind at all, I got a few Luna shirts so I sure somepony would put 2 and 2 together. At my work all the guys know, they give me shit from time to time but they tell me its all out of good fun, even if it wasn't ah I don't mind I love the show and everything that comes and will come with it! and I don't care who knows! 

post-16621-0-59108100-1372301014.jpg

Edited by xPrincess Lunax
  • Brohoof 1

Even if I was still in High School I wouldn't be embarrassed. Although I wouldn't look down on anyone for being embarrassed. I have very thick skin and just don't listen to people who try to berate and belittle someone because of what they enjoy. I'm proud to be apart of this fandom and nothing can stop me from liking it.

(edited)

Well, I guess I'll be the first one to say that I would be embarrassed. And before you say that I shouldn't be embarrassed, I already know. It's just that I've been judged and treated unfairly for stupid things in the past and I just don't wanna go through that pain again. So for all of those who are gonna tell me that I should be open about it, that just means you're being insensitive to my feelings and just need to fuck off.

Edited by LatinoChurro

(edited)

If I was still in High school and anypony knew that I liked ponies then I am not sure if I would have been embarrassed or not. I think I would have liked it if I had friends that were fans too. If not then I would probably explain why I liked it. It would have likely not gone than further than that.

Edited by ILetThePoniesIn

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Nope. I am self conscious about a lot of things, but this show is one of the greatest things that I have ever encountered. It makes me incredibly happy, so I would just take absolute pride in it. If anything, if a 'bully' in this case (even though I am not in school) started telling people that I love the show, I would just say "Yay! More people to check out the show potentially!". So it would ironically be advertising. Given how great and positive this show is, it might brighten up some people's life, like it has mine and others. 

So, I would not be bothered. I am very open about ponies and it makes me feel even happier. I think wearing a pony shirt, two bracelets, a necklace, and a Derpy wallet with a pony lanyard shows that. :P To hell with the negative people. I cannot care about what they think.

• Brohoof 1

Hardly, I was an outcast to begin with, so it wouldn't really make a difference. Plus, MLP is so awesome, I'm positive even I could convert a bunch of people. 

• Brohoof 1

I have never actually told anyone I am a brony. So, yes I might be. But, if they continue they better look out. Like seriously just because we like sexy ponies doesn't mean we can't raise a hoove and knock someone's ass out. 

Heck no, I wear pony shirts to school all the time.  I don't care who really knows as it is just a tv show.  So in the end who really needs to feel embarrassed for liking a tv show

(edited)

Honestly, it would depend on the circumstances. I've worn several pony shirts to school, and used other pony related merch in public.  But no one has ever said anything negative about it, just some complements from other bronies. It's super awkward for me to explain MLP to people who don't know what it is, and that is kind of embarrassing. I don't believe in lying about who I am, but I still get embarrassed easily. Lucky me. :B

Edited by lincolnshirepony
  • Brohoof 1

no, i wouldnt. I just dont care. i have worn mlp related stuff such as shirts and key chains, and when someone asks what it represents or what it is (since apperently no one in my school has heard of bronys) i explain it it to them. Then if they try to makefun of me for it i just walk away, or present a valid point of why they should mind thier own beeswax.  

It's a little too late for keeping me a secret brony. I am not in the least bit worried about being picked on or embarresed. I'm around fourth or fifth biggest guy in the school, and I'm only a freshmen. I don't think I have to worry about being picked on.

Hardly, I was an outcast to begin with, so it wouldn't really make a difference. Plus, MLP is so awesome, I'm positive even I could convert a bunch of people. 

Pretty much this^

I hated most of the people I went to school with so much that their opinions never really mattered to me anyway, I doubt MLP being around then would have changed that either way.

I highly doubt something like this would happen to me now, as college is generally a place where students act like responsible adults...by laughing at you behind your back instead of to your face. You know, like polite people do.

Jocularity aside, even if some dickweed actually had the cajones to call out a scary-looking motherbucker like me for my pony shirt, what'd really be the point in being embarrassed about it? Most logical thing to do is shrug it off and respond with something like "Ah, someone's stuck in junior high, eh?" Honestly, if someone's so miserable that the only joy they get out of life comes from outlaughing others based on what TV shows they like, then there's absolutely zero point in taking such a person seriously.

• Brohoof 5

hell no next too every one i know, knows that im a brony i have had people out of an attempted insult call me a brony. but hey i don't care if people know next to all my friends are bronies so there's no shame and a lot of people my grade (12 senior ) have or do watch the show.

so in short i wouldn't give two shits if they called me a brony in front of everyone  cos they already know.