Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilicorn's student?

Little Lizards

I think (going a little into headcannon territory) that Twilight should have her own student. Though she still is still learning, sometimes the best way to learn is to teach. It would mean lots of character growth for Twilight, having to adapt to teaching a student as well as continuing her own studies, and it would be interesting to see how the writers take on the whole "character-gets-a-trainee" plot. 

• Brohoof 12

An interesting concept, though I don't see it happening soon (unless it happens late in Season 4).

Still it would be interesting if the student was the personality opposite of Twilight: disorganized, lazy, extroverted, and so forth, with moral of the episode being how to deal with people whose personalities clash with yours.

• Brohoof 6

That's actually a pretty cool Idea. It'd bring the student-teacher relationship that's been in the background of the series and bring it to the forefront. The possibilities...

My only concern is that something like this would require time devoted to it, and we already have the CMC and their destinies to discover. Another filly would take focus away from them, and I want to see their character arcs completed more than I want a new character to deal with too.

So I say save the idea for later.

• Brohoof 1

This was an idea that went through my mind as well. I agree with Jadefire that it probably would not happen for a while, but the concept has such rich potential and as you said, it is a great opportunity for character growth with Twilight. :) Jadefire also makes a good idea with having her student be the opposite of Twilight. Given how frustrated Twilight can get at times, it could lead to some hilarious moments. :P Perhaps after season 4, this would be a great concept to explore. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't think it'll happen for a little, theres alot of story to be developed still with the characters we have. Twilight having a pupil of her own may take away from some of that while its busy right now.

I can see it happening in the future, and kinda wanna see where it would go. It'd be very interesting I think.

But I can't see it happening till late S4 or possibly(If it happens) S5.

Well, she might have a student. We need more development, and there is still more time for the characters to be developed. So, I say we give them time then we will get a student.

If Twilicorn were to have a student then she would just be gone from the series! Look at Princess Celestia! She doesn't have that many appearances! THERE WOULD BE A NEW MAIN CHARACTER! We can't let that happen 

~Tri-Dart

• Brohoof 1

Assuming twilicorn works out which we will find out in season 4 I think this would be an interesting idea but would be a bit premature to have in season 4 but I could maybe see in season 5 or 6.

(edited)

Even if Twilight did not become an alicorn, I've always thought the idea of Twilight teaching another unicorn magic would be a great idea. Not sure who it could be. The only unicorn I know that has a high amount of magical powers would be Pumpkin Cake. 

Edited by pinkiefan1287

I think (going a little into headcannon territory) that Twilight should have her own student. Though she still is still learning, sometimes the best way to learn is to teach. It would mean lots of character growth for Twilight, having to adapt to teaching a student as well as continuing her own studies, and it would be interesting to see how the writers take on the whole "character-gets-a-trainee" plot. 

I agree with this, and it feels like it should happen to if they make enough shows to introduce Twilight's student, if they do that. I don't  know why but some people believe after the "Equestria Girls," Sunset Shimmer will be Twilight's student, but hey its rumors.

I didn't see anyone suggesting this... How about the other Mane Six as her students? In MMC she got kind of singled out as the actual "master of friendship". This would solidify the idea that Twilight has actually learned about friendship and keeps the Mane Six close together.

Hate me for saying this, but I don't think twilight should get a student. At least not for a loooong while because having a student will change her as a character quite a bit. Twilight is known for having a conflict and always looking to resolve it. Who would twilight be if she wasn't such a curious bookworm? Nevertheless, this would change the focus character over to said student. This to me would seem better off left for another generation in that case. Perhaps adding a whole new cast set from there on out. But so long it is mlp **FIM** I'd rather keep twilight as a main character in my opinion. Maybe learn a thing or two about what princesses do and such.

I like the idea of Twilight having a student - eventually - but there are a lot of pitfalls to be minded. Kid characters tend to destroy shows, especially shows aimed at children. There's the temptation to make them the main character so that the kids watching will identify with them. Right along side that, there's the temptation to make them always right so that they can be empowering. Then there's the other temptation turn the teacher into the eternal spewer of moral lessons. FiM has avoided most of this mess by having the CMC stick mostly to their own little world.

The show definitely doesn't need Twilight to have a student. She's already got Spike to play straight man to her excessive enthusiasm. She's got a big life change she has to learn about and adjust to. Throwing a student into the mix would be a bit much at this point. On the other hand, I can see Celestia deliberately pushing a student on her. Celly seems the sort to never really stop playing teacher and testing her protege.

I don't know why, but for some reason I want to end up Twilight having a colt as a student even though I know it's a girl show. I guess my reason for that is wanting to balance the genders of the characters.

Besides, it could be like a cute mother son relationship.

Celly seems the sort to never really stop playing teacher and testing her protege.

Exactly, Celestia needs to get a life. Twilight has prove herself countless times, she doesn't need more testing. 

Exactly, Celestia needs to get a life. Twilight has prove herself countless times, she doesn't need more testing.

I'm not necessarily condemning Celestia here. She's been sole ruler for a thousand years. At this point, telling others what to do on the basis that she knows best has got to be pretty well ingrained. Not testing Twilight would require an act of will to break the habit.

(edited)

I don't know. I don't think Twilight should have a student for quite some time. Probably not even in the show at all. She's still pretty young compared to Celestia, and Cadence doesn't even have a student as far as we know. Plus, I don't think it'd be right for her to have a student so early, and I don't think it would fit her character. She is still Celestia's student, and is still learning.

I say the best time is when she becomes an adult. By that, I mean far after the show ends.

Edited by Twi Rubix