• Human
    • Humane
    • Hair (Eeyup, that's right, folks!)
    • Main
    • Human Mane

(edited)

Is this too random? Hm, probably...

But anyways...

Since many of us simply "abbreviate" Twilight and the gang as "Mane 6", I asked myself if we should simply keep it the same way with their human counterparts or find another term.

I know, if the topic is Equestria Girls, it is most likely that someone is talking about the humans. But if we try to comparise and such things, it is very... tedious to write ""human counterparts" or something like that all the time.

I've seen many examples of us using something like "human mane 6", or just "human 6" and that; but the term mane 6 also established after some time and I just want to know how you call them.

So, what term do you prefer when you talk, write or type about the human version of the Mane 6?

Which one will probably be the one we all will use in the future?

Edited by StatesTheOblivious
  • Brohoof 2

You are over thinking a name for them.

Since they have always been called "The Mane 6" as a play on words since they are ponies, it would be simple enough to now calling them "The Main 6", juxtaposed "Mane" due to them not being ponies. 

• Brohoof 2

As long as they don't go around killing any little creatures (especially unlikely if Fluttershy is in the mix), we could compromise and call them the "humane 6".

It was no more than a pun. Still, calling them Main 6 during real-life conversation (or Skype calls :3) would confuse other Bronies. It seems simpler just to call them the Human Mane 6.

"Humane 6" sounds like a six-member rights activist group. :P

• Brohoof 1

Just so everyone knows, I was totally kidding about "humane 6". - though it would have a nice ring to it if that word had a more suitable definition. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

This, however, has given me an idea for a PMV with the girls appearing on Whale Wars. I don't think Japanese whaling boats would be any match against a party cannon.

They're technically the Mane 5, since the Twilight in that universe isn't with them.

To me, you'd call the cast of EQG the "Mane 5" and the FiM cast "Mane Six."

Unless EQG gets a spinoff series where the human Twilight joins them in a similar way to the original series, then that's what I'm calling them.

I'd personally go with "the Human main six" myself, since "mane" is a bit of a subtle pun that some people might not pick up on (given how teenagers these days have such a poor grasp of the english language)

I don't really know how many times I'd make the differentiation, but when I do I'd probaly just say mane 6 or main 6. The other names sound kinda odd, only one I could see myself using is human mane 6 and that's only when I feel I really need to make sure the difference is known.

Mane is just a play on words that's cute, if we really wanted the realistic version of it if the show wasn't ponies main 6 would be proper referring to the main 6 charactors of the show.

I've been calling them the 'alternates', but I'm liking the Humane 5 (or 6 if the alternate Twilight shows up) name. That's kinda catchy.

Though don't cite me on this, I believe 'Mane 6' was so catchy because it was punny. People caught on because it had a certain charm to it.

Following that, I think Humane is the best choice, as it retains the puniness of its original form, and therefore its charm.