Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls Plot-Holes

Ella

I'm not sure if this counts as a plot hole, but it's something I keep dwelling on. Twilight had no opportunity to bathe or shower. Did she brush her teeth? She slept in her clothes on dusty old books. Who showed her how a biped uses a toilet? Do ponies even have toilet paper? Did Rarity hose her off before dressing her for the dance? She was probably pretty ripe by then!

That's more of an "Acceptable break from reality" than an actual plothole. Twilight's smart, she could figure out how to use a toilet, I'm sure. Besides, they do have toilet's in Equestria, even flushing ones, as we saw in "Last Roundup."

Cadence, Shining Armor, and Discord were missing, as well as other characters. Kinda weird, Discord would have been amazing.

On main topic, I think the biggest plot hole was what Shimmer said, that being what an Element of Harmony does in another world. We seen what it apparently does, but we are never actually told specifically what that means. There is also the obvious fact that the school never investigates on who Twilight is when she arrives. I also agree about Flash Sentry. Seriously, Twilight having a love interest would be really cute, if Equestria Girls is any indication.

There are plot holes sure, but it is just one of those things where I have so much fun watching it, that I do not care.

"We are shown this thing but not explicitly told this thing." isn't a plot hole.

What kind of school launches investigations on new students? Where are you from?

"We are shown this thing but not explicitly told this thing." isn't a plot hole.

What kind of school launches investigations on new students? Where are you from?

Did I hit a nerve? 

I consider it a plot hole mainly because, well, we actually never know what the hell Shimmer was talking about. Why did it demonize her? We are never told that.

Twilight arrives and says 'I'm new here..." and nothing else happens. As far as I know, most schools don't do it that easily. It was just a random observation on my part.

You sound needlessly cross there. 

(edited)

1. Twilight never went to class

2. The element of magic was powerful on its own, as opposed to needing the other elements

3. Near the end, it is made clear that Spike can talk, yet in Fluttershy's introduction, he can only bark

4. Someone as wise as Luna would've noticed the obvious craft work that Sunset Shimmer framed Twilight with.

5. The mane 5 never attempted to make up their friendship after Sunset Shimmer sabotaged it, something real friends would've done

1. Not a plot hole. Just a truant.

2. Not necessarily a plot hole. Different world, different rules.

3. He chose to bark to aid his disguise. Later, he didn't care.

4. "I think this character would do [x] but they didn't." is not a plot hole.

5. "I personally believe real friends act this way, not that way." is not a plot hole.

Did I hit a nerve? 

I consider it a plot hole mainly because, well, we actually never know what the hell Shimmer was talking about. Why did it demonize her? We are never told that.

Twilight arrives and says 'I'm new here..." and nothing else happens. As far as I know, most schools don't do it that easily. It was just a random observation on my part.

You sound needlessly cross there. 

I always sound cross. I'd explain why but that isn't the topic and nobody asked.

Every new student I've seen has basically arrived that way. They walk in, they're new, then things go on. Plus that doesn't really put any holes in the plotline either way. :P

As for the other thing, I guess it could be considered one. Still think it's more a case of "show, don't tell" myself...Are you Finnish, by any chance?

Edited by Xanatos

I agree, there are quite a few plot holes. One  is that Flash Sentry will not be in Season 4, so where will he be? Another is where was Cadence in the human world?

Well my guess they want to work love into the show but were unsure of how to do so aka how everyone would react so they said why no use a throw away to test the water I know he's in the pony world but its not him there two different being with two different minds and even the human one never kissed her so most likely we will never see him again or he will only be twilights friend AND THATS IT!!!!!if any one could be shipped with her it could only be celestia in my mind ONLY. But I respect all pairs of her with pinkie pie or spike they have good reasons.

• Brohoof 1

I was wondering why there wasn't already a human Twilight in the Human world until I re-watched it watched and noticed that Pinkie Pie said "I thought you didn't look familiar. Though now that I'm really looking at you, do you have a twin sister who lives in the city, has a pet dog named spike that looks just like that one." which means maybe there is another Twilight already in the human world, just in a different place like the city.

Spike turning into a dog was a good move, I personally think.  But what about Winona!?  If she went through the portal would she become a dragon?  Now you may argue that she would just stay the same as a dog since dogs are in that world.  But so are ponies so why wouldn't Twilight still be a pony?  Now all i'm saying is that would Winona become a dragon if she entered the other world?

Oh here's something else that's kinda stupid.

After they beat Sunset, Twilight goes to the dance and hangs out for a bit longer.

Well, I guess that's fine.  I mean, it's not like she's on some kind of really strict time limit to get back to Eques-

"Tick-tock, Twilight, we haven't got all night. The portal will be closing on its own in less than an hour."

OH RIGHT!

I think the main plot hole I found was, what happenned to human Twilight? She obviously lives in the area, since Pinkie mentioned her. ("Hey, do you like, have a twin sister that.....")

If Human Twilight and Pony twilight switched.places, then the pony Mane 6 would have known, and would have been confused in the end. So, there's no answer to where she is.

That's more of an "Acceptable break from reality" than an actual plothole. Twilight's smart, she could figure out how to use a toilet, I'm sure. Besides, they do have toilet's in Equestria, even flushing ones, as we saw in "Last Roundup."

We didn't actually see a toilet in "Last Roundup". What would an equine toilet even look like? Would it be close enough where Twilight would be able to figure out how to use human plumbing?

Actually the biggest plot hole I found is this:

Intro and Climax contradict each other, rendering the whole story pointless. At the beginning of the movie, Twilight is tasked to retrieve her head piece because Celestia claims that without it the elements of harmony would be useless towards stopping any future threat. So, basically it's a national security risk. That makes sense, so far so good.

However, at the climax when Shimmer becomes all demonic from the power up of the crown, her magic attack is deflected by a magic shield that protects the human mane 6. Twilight simply goes on to say that the element of magic wielded by Sunset is useless and that the magic element united with those that helped create it, IE her 5 friends. Cue, magic power up of mane 6 and curb stomp beat down of Sunset Shimmer. The problem that I find with this is that this becomes a huge plot hole in that Twilight didn't need her crown in the first place if she's able to wield the element of magic without it. Unless I'm missing something, all she just needs are her friends to power up the elements of harmony and that effectively turns the tiara/crown into a useless macguffin. So really she didn't need to go through this journey in the first place.

Nevermind the fact that this raises the questions of how the elements work and how it was able to identify Twilight as it's wielder, thereby creating a shield to protect her? That's never really explained, that or I missed something in either the movie or the previous episodes.

In fact, I could effectively say that Twilight could have just stay in the crystal castle and just not care about Shimmer. If she doesn't come back you can still use the elements no problem. If she does come back with her 'teenage army' then just have her blast you and once again use the elements against her, solving the problem. 

• Brohoof 3

We didn't actually see a toilet in "Last Roundup". What would an equine toilet even look like? Would it be close enough where Twilight would be able to figure out how to use human plumbing?

You are right that we don't see an actual toilet in the show. I don't think we need to. We see the outhouse. We hear a flush sound effect, All of the indoor furnishings we see in the show are identical to their human equivalents: beds, tables, chairs, sinks. I would submit that the toilets are the same. But even if Equestrian toilets are just a hole in the ground, (although how would they flush if that were the case?) I think Twilight is smart enough to figure it out.

(edited)

Actually the biggest plot hole I found is this:

Intro and Climax contradict each other, rendering the whole story pointless. At the beginning of the movie, Twilight is tasked to retrieve her head piece because Celestia claims that without it the elements of harmony would be useless towards stopping any future threat. So, basically it's a national security risk. That makes sense, so far so good.

However, at the climax when Shimmer becomes all demonic from the power up of the crown, her magic attack is deflected by a magic shield that protects the human mane 6. Twilight simply goes on to say that the element of magic wielded by Sunset is useless and that the magic element united with those that helped create it, IE her 5 friends. Cue, magic power up of mane 6 and curb stomp beat down of Sunset Shimmer. The problem that I find with this is that this becomes a huge plot hole in that Twilight didn't need her crown in the first place if she's able to wield the element of magic without it. Unless I'm missing something, all she just needs are her friends to power up the elements of harmony and that effectively turns the tiara/crown into a useless macguffin. So really she didn't need to go through this journey in the first place.

Nevermind the fact that this raises the questions of how the elements work and how it was able to identify Twilight as it's wielder, thereby creating a shield to protect her? That's never really explained, that or I missed something in either the movie or the previous episodes.

In fact, I could effectively say that Twilight could have just stay in the crystal castle and just not care about Shimmer. If she doesn't come back you can still use the elements no problem. If she does come back with her 'teenage army' then just have her blast you and once again use the elements against her, solving the problem. 

well to put things in perspective i think you should consider a few things, when Twillight became the keeper of the Element of Magic i don't think shes the only one that can use it, kinda why Celestia had it along with the other elements under lock and key up until season 3 so it would be safe to assume that the Elements of Harmony can be used by others, and im guessing the basis of using it would be the element itself like in Sunset Shimmers case she was Celestias student ergo she had the potential to be a great mage so she had a certain affinity to the element of magic thus she can use it and judging from how the element of magic allowed sunset shimmer to use magic even in a place where magic doesn't exist(my own assumption) leads me to believe that the Element of Magic acts as an Amplifier and amplifies the magic within the pony/person, my point is that sunset shimmer had an affinity with the element sensing she is a good mage but twilight was a better mage and thus the element chose her over sunset shimmer also i believe that the element of magic has the ability to magnify the true nature of the magic within the person/pony ergo Twilight became a Alicorn and sunset shimmer became a Demoness(???)

as for why twilight had to go to the otherworld to retrieve it is simple, even with the strongest bond with the element im assuming theres a limit in range to how far that bond went also celestia and the others didn't really know sunset shimmers plans and from what they said i assume they thought that sunset shimmer would use the element to cause havoc on that world 

somehow it feels like the other twilight(the one from the human world),it feels like she might enroll/transfer to that school a few days later :D only to find that she had not only 5 very very good friends already and that shes the schools princess :D that would be fun to watch, maybe a spinoff  

Edited by evergrey

(edited)

Given the time frame of the movie, about an hour, and decisions Meghan made I think the movie didn't do too bad with plot holes. My main ones were where is Shining Armor and Sunset's backstory.

You can argue that he's with the human Twilight, but that doesn't explain why he wasn't there in the beginning. My guess it would have added time to the movie and they had to keep it to the length it was.

It's not really a plot hole, but we get so little back story on Sunset Shimmer. We're not told exactly but she's not much older than Twilight, but the portal only opens every 30 moons which I took to mean 30 years. If it was just 30 days you'd think Twilight would be less upset by staying if she had too, but maybe not. How long was SS away from Equestria?

As far as the whole demon I guess only Twilight can wear her crown and use the powers in her Element without negative effects because she has friends and isn't evil. When her friends protected Twilight the magic in her Element did the same and protected them all and transformed them all into a pseudo pony form.

Edited by Nature Spell

(edited)
well to put things in perspective i think you should consider a few things, when Twillight became the keeper of the Element of Magic i don't think shes the only one that can use it, kinda why Celestia had it along with the other elements under lock and key up until season 3 so it would be safe to assume that the Elements of Harmony can be used by others, and im guessing the basis of using it would be the element itself like in Sunset Shimmers case she was Celestias student ergo she had the potential to be a great mage so she had a certain affinity to the element of magic thus she can use it and judging from how the element of magic allowed sunset shimmer to use magic even in a place where magic doesn't exist(my own assumption) leads me to believe that the Element of Magic acts as an Amplifier and amplifies the magic within the pony/person, my point is that sunset shimmer had an affinity with the element sensing she is a good mage but twilight was a better mage and thus the element chose her over sunset shimmer also i believe that the element of magic has the ability to magnify the true nature of the magic within the person/pony ergo Twilight became a Alicorn and sunset shimmer became a Demoness(???)

So according to your post the element of magic is essentially an amplifier, which can be wielded and used by anypony not just Twilight. In order for this to work, humans have a certain amount of magic within them in order for the crown to be of any use. That or at least Sunset Shimmer has some magic within her to use the element. That breaks the logic because we're assuming that this world is a parallel human world where magic doesn't exist ergo the humanoids there don't have magic to begin with. Even IF humans had some form of magic in them, the crown wouldn't be able to amplify that much magic from a human being compared to a pony (keeping in mind that Equestria is a world where it is literally saturated in magical energies or at least required to even function given Celestia's sun moving powers). Then again I'm not sure how one measures one's magic power level. My point is that not enough explanation for this still.

Now as for the crown, if it was able to recognize Twilight as the better mage wouldn't it have just stopped working? I mean literally in the movie SS just fires a mega blast at Twilight only to have a protective shield spell played out and the mane 6 were all so happy to realize the magic of friendship (their inner magic?) was able to stop the powers of the crown. If the crown had some sort of recognition system in place, why go through all that much trouble? Bah, movie logic!  :derp:

I just thought that Celestia locked the element jewelry pieces so that no one could:

A) steal them and hide them (IE Discord's method)

B ) tempted to try and sell the pieces (A possible Flim Flam approach, these are the elements of harmony and anypony would have easily recognized them)

C) simply misplace them (wouldn't be hard to do, considering this world has diamond dogs that can burrow underground and sky cities)

It never occurred to me that anypony could use the element of magic. Otherwise that would render Twilight as unnecessary and then being an element wielder isn't so special anymore. I wonder what that would mean for the other mane characters, yikes.

On the idea of Twilight having to get the crown, ok fair enough. It was establish that they did not know Shimmer's motives at the time and that getting the crown was vital. It still kind of irks me though that Celestia didn't try to at least physically seal the mirror (encase the mirror in a large box or at the very least, place the mirror in the basement instead of in a random room in the castle) given how potentially disastrous it could be to have numerous cleaning maids accidentally funneling through to a new world and getting lost. 

While on the topic of the demoness, if you suddenly transformed into an evil looking creature wouldn't you freak out? I'm surprised SS managed to handle it so well considering she's never used the crown before and given how Twilight doesn't transform like that when she uses the crown I would have at least an inkling suspicion that something was wrong.

Spinoff would be a good way to go about it if they wanted to continue this as a series. Though I'd have to ask, wouldn't this just become a modern version of "Doug"?

I'm enjoying this discussion. It's fun to talk about something that we both enjoyed watching it enough to debate the flaws. Appreciate it.

Edited by EasternWinds

One plot hole stands if Cadence and Shinning Armor where wed in that world. Celestia and Twilight would have at least met before the current events. Celestia would have known Twilight wasn't a student at her school.

So according to your post the element of magic is essentially an amplifier, which can be wielded and used by anypony not just Twilight. In order for this to work, humans have a certain amount of magic within them in order for the crown to be of any use. That or at least Sunset Shimmer has some magic within her to use the element. That breaks the logic because we're assuming that this world is a parallel human world where magic doesn't exist ergo the humanoids there don't have magic to begin with. Even IF humans had some form of magic in them, the crown wouldn't be able to amplify that much magic from a human being compared to a pony (keeping in mind that Equestria is a world where it is literally saturated in magical energies or at least required to even function given Celestia's sun moving powers). Then again I'm not sure how one measures one's magic power level. My point is that not enough explanation for this still.

well to put it more simply i think magic in equestria works like magic in most of our human lore(sensing the writers of the show are humans), that to use magic one must have 2 things a decent enough Spark (source of mana/magic often named life energy)(names may vary) and a Core (a method of converting mana into much more usable energy)(names may vary), for example in harry potter witches and warlocks already have a spark which makes them different from muggles but they use an external Core in which case they use wands to cast spells and so on (other types of magic logic runs in similar fashion with some only expounding on certain things), in Equestrias case the unicorns and alicorns use their horn as a Core for them to cast spell (which was implied in MLP EG that without twilights horn she couldnt cast a levitation spell to open the door), which also leads me to believe that magic already exist in the human world only that they have no means of using it (ergo no cores for them to use), which also leads me to believe that rarity (the human) in her semi-pony form can cast magic but was never shown in the movie

with this as my base for equestrias magic logic, id like to point out the the other Elements of Harmony users besides Twilly,Rare,Cadence,Shinny (who are alicorns and unicorns) already have a spark of their own and i think the spark was just given generic names just to make it easier for others to use like Loyalty,Laughter etc etc(kinda why even pegasus and earth ponies can cast magic(note using the elements of harmony itself is using magic)) and that these sparks is what the basis of the Elements of Harmonies usage is (note that in human lore magic often varies by 3 things 1. Genetics 2.Personality 3. Luck so it wouldnt be hard to assume that equestria magic should follow suit)

Now as for the crown, if it was able to recognize Twilight as the better mage wouldn't it have just stopped working? I mean literally in the movie SS just fires a mega blast at Twilight only to have a protective shield spell played out and the mane 6 were all so happy to realize the magic of friendship (their inner magic?) was able to stop the powers of the crown. If the crown had some sort of recognition system in place, why go through all that much trouble? Bah, movie logic!  :derp:

i think that Sunset Shimmer has an affinity for the element of magic thus she can use it and at the same time Twilight who was the previous owner still had a bond left with the crown and thus (either sub-consciously or consciously) managed to use the crown as a Core to cast the protection spell (the protection spell used a purply light which signify twilights magic)

as for my assumption on Twilight being a better mage id give that to Celestia, if you havent forgotten the 1st time celestia and twilly met Celestia stated that she has never seen a unicorn that posses that much raw ability and take note that at this point in time celestia has probably already taught SS or is still in the process of teaching SS and thus in celestias eyes twilight is better than sunset shimmer

While on the topic of the demoness, if you suddenly transformed into an evil looking creature wouldn't you freak out? I'm surprised SS managed to handle it so well considering she's never used the crown before and given how Twilight doesn't transform like that when she uses the crown I would have at least an inkling suspicion that something was wrong.

well in my belief (using my current logic on magic) that SSs spark was crooked (probably from jealousy) and thus the element amplified her already crooked spark into something physical, as for why twilly doesn't transform like that i believe twilly is good by nature and thus her magic (even good magic or bad magic) would still be amplified as good(rainbow beam thingy)

id like to add due to our own arguements (me and my friends) bout how the human Mane 6 (rare,RD,AJ,FS,Pinks) manage to use their own element weve come up with 2 possibilities:

1. (which i endorse) is that the elements do not chose a physical form and can create bonds with other creatures who share a similar Spark as the Elements represented (RDs Loyalty,Pinks Laughter) and that thanks to the portal which was still open the elements from equestria saw the strenght of the girls and granted them their power, which also explains why their semi-pony form disappeared exactly after the portal closed

2. is that there is a human ver of the elements of harmony which is within close proximity to the school and the Human Mane 5 (rare,RD,AJ,FS,Pinks) managed to awake them using twilights Element of Magic as its catalyst (most of my friends who loved MLP EG wants this explanation coz it would be a good series spinoff) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Maybe its just me, but WHERE DO THOSE PEOPLE SLEEP?! I noticed that they don't leave the highschool, so where do they live? So they live in a school? lol Well, we only see one place where they get the dresses and sort, but that's it. Other then the normal "classes" I learned:

She can not do things humans do like WRITE or READ, of course, she learns abnormally fast how to read, which is weird since in the show, its shown Equestrian is not the same as English. Not only that, but she can't write or use other things like computers or lockers.  How can one be in a high school, not write worth a shit and manage to do well? Not only that, why didn't Shimmer just tattle on her when she realized she was no student? On top, why doesn't this school realize that? No cameras?

How does Twilight learn so fast something that humans take years to learn? Like I said, reading OUR things are different. In Ponyville Confidential, they clearly had different letters. They weren't as readable. That and she learns the computer fast, when normally they get passwords and accounts to ACCESS them.You can't also just waltz in the library without having a student account with the school, same as the cafeteria. In my school, you access these things through your number that you get the first day you ever enter school as well as your account on your computer. (Aka:Year of graduation, the first 5 letters of your last name, your first initial and your middle and then the other number, example:10007466 that's your number for lunch and other events) How does she check them out, go online, or eat? Wouldn't it be strange to see a random student without any identification?  That and doesn't the events usually cost something to enter? She has no money. 

Edited by Scootadress

(edited)

Maybe its just me, but WHERE DO THOSE PEOPLE SLEEP?! I noticed that they don't leave the highschool, so where do they live? So they live in a school? lol Well, we only see one place where they get the dresses and sort, but that's it. Other then the normal "classes" I learned:

She can not do things humans do like WRITE or READ, of course, she learns abnormally fast how to read, which is weird since in the show, its shown Equestrian is not the same as English. Not only that, but she can't write or use other things like computers or lockers.  How can one be in a high school, not write worth a shit and manage to do well? Not only that, why didn't Shimmer just tattle on her when she realized she was no student? On top, why doesn't this school realize that? No cameras?

How does Twilight learn so fast something that humans take years to learn? Like I said, reading OUR things are different. In Ponyville Confidential, they clearly had different letters. They weren't as readable. That and she learns the computer fast, when normally they get passwords and accounts to ACCESS them.You can't also just waltz in the library without having a student account with the school, same as the cafeteria. In my school, you access these things through your number that you get the first day you ever enter school as well as your account on your computer. (Aka:Year of graduation, the first 5 letters of your last name, your first initial and your middle and then the other number, example:10007466 that's your number for lunch and other events) How does she check them out, go online, or eat? Wouldn't it be strange to see a random student without any identification?  That and doesn't the events usually cost something to enter? She has no money. 

it was never mentioned that the language of equestria had a difference in the otherworld (human world) case in point twilight wrote her name albeit in a horrendous manner sensing she never used her hands before and using her mouth to write would just attract unwanted attention

as for your saying that in the episode Ponyville Confidential it can actually be seen that the name of the newspaper and the word "Exclusive" was written in english ergo english should be the main language of equestria as for why most of it is unreadable its mostly cost cutting by the animators, adding words in moving pictures actually would cost a great deal of money sensing the words themselves have to move around 

as for where the people of MLP EG lived its already obvious that they lived in houses but it was just never shown as showing it has no purpose storywise

Edited by Lunas Sorrow

Unless I'm missing something, all she just needs are her friends to power up the elements of harmony and that effectively turns the tiara/crown into a useless macguffin. So really she didn't need to go through this journey in the first place.

It's always been implied that the physical manifestation of the elements of harmony (Twilight's crown for instance) isn't the element itself, but a representation of her element. When Nightmare Moon destroyed the stones that everyone believed were the elements, Twilight realized then that those weren't the elements, but her friends themselves were, and that's what gave rise to their physical forms such as the crown and the necklaces. What is needed in order to unleash the power of the elements aren't the embroidery, but the spirit of friendship that the unity of the mane 6 represents. This is what ultimately triggers the reaction in the crown. The presence of Twilight's friends allows the elements of harmony to take effect.

Also, one other thing I wanted to note is someone mentioned earlier that Celestia and Luna were different from their pony versions. This is true, I noticed that subtle change in them as well, but I suspect this is how Celestia and Luna would normally be toward anyone else and Twilight is only seeing that for the very first time because pony Celestia always respected and nurtured her relationship with Twilight, and Luna owes much to her and her friends for reuniting her with her sister. In the human world, on the other hand, Celestia and Lune thought of Twilight as no more than a stranger seeing as they never met before.

it was never mentioned that the language of equestria had a difference in the otherworld (human world) case in point twilight wrote her name albeit in a horrendous manner sensing she never used her hands before and using her mouth to write would just attract unwanted attention

as for your saying that in the episode Ponyville Confidential it can actually be seen that the name of the newspaper and the word "Exclusive" was written in english ergo english should be the main language of equestria as for why most of it is unreadable its mostly cost cutting by the animators, adding words in moving pictures actually would cost a great deal of money sensing the words themselves have to move around 

as for where the people of MLP EG lived its already obvious that they lived in houses but it was just never shown as showing it has no purpose storywise

The problem where she lives wouldn't be needed story wise, but you MUST think: WHERE is she staying and what did she do this whole time during classes? It makes no sense for her to sleep in a school, but then again, its weird.

(edited)

The problem where she lives wouldn't be needed story wise, but you MUST think: WHERE is she staying and what did she do this whole time during classes? It makes no sense for her to sleep in a school, but then again, its weird.

She was only at the school two days. She arrived just before lunch, since we see her eatting with Fluttershy and we see her sleeping in the library. The next night she has the dance and leaves. She was doing exactly what we saw. Anything we didn't see didn't really matter.

You do have to suspend belief to a degree e.g. nobody checked up on her story and the school had no motion alarms in the library, etc But it makes sense for her to stay in the school. Where else would she go? Not a big deal.

Edited by Nature Spell

She was only at the school two days. She arrived just before lunch, since we see her eatting with Fluttershy and we see her sleeping in the library. The next night she has the dance and leaves. She was doing exactly what we saw. Anything we didn't see didn't really matter.

You do have to suspend belief to a degree e.g. nobody checked up on her story and the school had no motion alarms in the library, etc But it makes sense for her to stay in the school. Where else would she go? Not a big deal.

She probably had eaten since her friends gave her food? She could have easily just asked someone perhaps, someone dependable like Apple Jack? They helped her with the "pony" bit, I'm sure one person could easily help her in that department. Though, people usually tend to stay after school, I'm sure that one person would have seen it or the cameras would have picked it up that she was there. (Then again, this is how _my_ school function)