Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Rather ...?

Remi

(edited)

'Would You Rather ...?' Thread

Hello everypony, the point of this thread to answer my question with one out of two options, and to give an explanation as to why you chose that option.

**I will post a new question everyday.**

[Revived]

Question #7:

Would you rather dress in popular clothing from 20 years ago, or how you dressed when you were 10?

**New question will be posted on July 12th/13th.**

Edited by The Paris Swing Cake
  • Brohoof 7

I would go back in time to meet my ancestors because, I want to see what life was like way before I was born and learn more about my ancestors family history to show more about where I am originally from.

• Brohoof 1

I would want to go back in time and meet my ancestors because I know next to nothing about them. All I really know is that I have Irish ancestors and British ancestors. Other than that, I know nothing and I really want to know more about them. Also, I love history and I would love to learn more about life back then.

• Brohoof 1

I'd want to go see my ancestors, just to see who I was related to. Atleast assuming they have a way for me to get back still ;p.

Who knows how the future might be, and besides Its not going to benefit me to know who I would be related to honestly, since they wouldn't exist yet.

• Brohoof 1

To the future with me! I need to make sure those hover boarding brats still know how to handle a axe. Plus I could probably loot some good life prolonging meds.

• Brohoof 1

To the FUTURE! YEAAAHHHH!

Mostly, I just wanna see what life would be like in the FUTURE! YEAAAHHHH! So that I can be properly prepared. And I just wanna see what my great grandkids look like :v.

• Brohoof 1

I would go forward. Why? Because, turns out, the past sucks. They teach about it in History class, making you learn everything there is to know. It would be boring. The future, however, is awesome. If you are a regular human being, you would know that with the passage of time, the enjoyment of living goes up. And I don't really care about my family's history that much. All I know is that my great-great grandfather hated his father so he moved from Italy to Cleveland. Dramaaa

• Brohoof 1

I would go to the future. It's not so much the great-grandchildren as it is the future itself. We already know what the past was like, but the future? A complete mystery. Sure, we can predict what we think will happen, but we won't know for sure. I think it would be so exciting to see all the technological advancements.

• Brohoof 3

I would go forward in time to meet my grandchildren, if they exist. Reason being is that I want to see if I actually found the girl of my dreams and had children. Dumb reason, I know. But considering how I am, it would give me hope for my future. :D

• Brohoof 1

I would like to go to the past, mainly because there is a national hero in my country with my last name, so I want to know if we are related

• Brohoof 1

I had forgotten to put this with the starting post. :derp:

I personally would go back, because in my opinion I'd like to know my roots, and to see how it was in that time.

Thank you all for your great answers, and for participating!

• Brohoof 1

Dammit another tough question. On one hand I can finally figure out my families origins, which would we cool as hell. On the other hand I could go forward in time to see if my great grand children to see if my blood line was worth continuing, plus the dead are already dead, my great grand children would at least know their heritage up to me. Ah, but I think I'm still going to choose meeting my ancestors. 

• Brohoof 1

i would rather go into the future to see my kids just to see i meant it when i said im never having kids or just to see if there as mentally unstable as i am.

• Brohoof 1

I would go to the future, look up an archive of lottery numbers online and write down every winning number for a few years then head back and proceed to have all of the monies ever.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I'd rather go back in time to meet my ancestors, because I didn't even know any of my grandparents.
Three of them died way before I was born, and one of them I only met once or twice when I was very little.
Of course, he died back in 2000 also.

Edited by Sickman
  • Brohoof 1

I don't want to have children, so I might be forced to choose ancestors. I've always had a desire on the other hand to spy on and see what my parents and grandparents were up to as children. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think I would choose the future just out of curiosity. I could go back and learn about what it was like to live in the past - maybe I wouldn't be able to experience it myself, but it's not some great mystery. Although meeting my ancestors could be a very interesting experience. But depending on how far back exactly - we might not even speak the same language, or be able to communicate. 

However, while we may know some things about the past - the future is completely uncertain. What will the world be like way in the future? Will the Earth even exist as we know it today? Will I arrive at some post-apocalyptic wasteland, or a surrealist high-tech utopia? The possibilities could be endless. Also, going to the future just seems like it would be less likely to create some sort of crazy paradox on my own timeline.

Maybe this will be the distant future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiq-9G3jiB4

Edited by Danze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would go to the future to see my great grandchildren, to see what the reality and life of that time is like for them. Plus it would interesting to see if they or any of my friend's great grandchildren for that matter, have made their legacies in the world, whatever they may be. To see all the possibilities, all the inventions, all the great events that may have passed.

It may all look beautiful too! Like this! 

2013-future-city-wallpaper-yvt-high-reso

Heck while I'm in that future I'll look into the family tree that has grew over all that time, and see who I get married to. wink.png

Edited by Dsanders17
  • Brohoof 1