Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Rather ...?

Remi

Appetizers. When ever I eat out, I'm usually too full by the time I have a chance to order dessert. Ironically it may be due to the fact that i fill up on appetizers beforehand actually.  

• Brohoof 1

The appetizers. I generally don't want a dessert after I've finished the main course, so free dessert would be very situational for me. Not to mention that I love me some cheese sticks.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for participating in the thread, everypony. I, myself, would rather get appetizers for free since I'm usually full after I'm done with the main meal. Plus, I have ice cream and brownies at home anyway.

Next question:

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

Edited by ~Sadistic Zero~
  • Brohoof 2

I'd rather be deaf. Living in a world where I can't see would be absolute torture. I wouldn't be able to witness the beauty of anything and would just be left in complete darkness. Deafness over blindness any day. :)

• Brohoof 4

I'd rather be deaf than blind, no contest.

Sound is nice, but nothing compares to sight. I think I could deal with becoming deaf, but becoming blind? I'd honestly rather die, knowing all the thing's I'd never see again. Sight is definatley the primary sense in human beings.

• Brohoof 2

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'd rather be deaf than blind. While living in a silent void without music would be horrible, much more of the things I enjoy (including my intended profession) require that I can see. Unless I learned braille I wouldn't be able to read, nor would I be able to watch the many shows and web series I greatly enjoy unless they had described video, which still wouldn't be the same.

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 2

Hard choice, I love music but sadly I would say I would rather go deaf.

Seeing is just so important to my life, I do so much on the PC and play football ect and watch films and stuff.

I have always wanted to learn sign language anyways, partly because its so visual and I'm a visual learner :).

I'd rather be deaf because being deaf doesn't necessarily mean that you absolutely can't hear anything. According to a dictionary site, "deaf" means "Partially or completely lacking in the sense of hearing", while "blind" means "Sightless". 

I'd rather be partially deaf than be completely blind! 

Appetizers. Desserts are good too, I've always just preferred appetizers to dessert. (Cake, pie, ice cream, ect.) I like the variety of appetizers, as there are a ton of different things you can get such as chicken wings, shrimp, mozzarella sticks, garlic bread, biscuits, and a lot of other really tasty things too. :squee:

Edited by Digital Tears

I'm already legally blind in one eye....I'd rather be blind. 

Hearing is just to important to me. Dunno what it'd be like if I lived in silence, being able to see and feel everything around me...but no sound to accompany it. It'd be like sitting in a dead silent classroom with a strict teacher all of your life.

But I'm quite grateful I don't have either of these things going for me....I'm lucky :D

No question on this one, I would MUCH rather be deaf than blind. Deaf, all you miss out on is hearing, and you can still see the beauty of the world around you. Being blind is infinitely more detrimental to a person than being deaf

• Brohoof 1

Desert Definitely, seriously who can turn down a good banana split?

Appetizers. Desserts are good too, I've always just preferred appetizers to dessert. (Cake, pie, ice cream, ect.) I like the variety of appetizers, as there are a ton of different things you can get such as chicken wings, shrimp, mozzarella sticks, garlic bread, biscuits, and a lot of other really tasty things too. :squee:

Desserts because they're yummy. 

Please keep in mind, the three of you, that I make a new question in a new post. Please answer those, too.

• Brohoof 1

My eyesight isn't all that good anyway.

I'd rather be deaf so that i could still go out and see stuff. Tho not being able to hear my own voice would make me speak abit weird I beat. I also use white noise to help me sleep so that would be a problem sometimes too.

I'd rather go blind than deaf. I treasure my hearing above all other senses, sound is really important to me. I think it would be a fairly isolating experience too, being able to see people around you but be unable to communicate with them through voice alone.

(Note that I am comparing absolute losses.)

1. Appetizers for free because if I get too full I wouldn't want to eat dessert afterward.

2. Deaf because I need to see stuff to be able to picture it and to work on it (especially with what I want to do for a living).

• Brohoof 1

What a great thread idea!

1. I'd get appetisers free, because usually I don't save enough room for dessert anyway. I prefer savoury to sweet also.

2. I'd rather be deaf. I'm sure a life without music would be depressing, but I couldn't imagine a life without sight.