Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would You Rather ...?

Remi

Underwater breathing sounds nice until you realize the insane bone-crushing pressure of seawater. Get just 33 feet down, and you're already under twice as much pressure as you are right now. For my own safety, I don't think I'd like that.  :blink:

Flight is potentially just as dangerous for the exact opposite reason. Get too high up, and there wouldn't be enough pressure to hold your body together. That said, it would progress much slower than water. So, I'd prefer to take to the skies.  B)

Being able to fly would save you a small fortune on transportation and unless you live near a large enough body of water, I doubt you're going to get much use out of being able to breathe underwater. I'm going to go with flying.

The sad part about both though? Both are near useless during the winter.

Edited by PoisonClaw

that's one is not so easy for me. I would love to be able to breath under water and just explore all the wonders under there. but to Fly O my!

fly because breathing water dose not automaticly include pressure support or anything for the cold or even seeing underwater.

I don't think I'd want to fly, if you don't have super speed with it, it's just the speed of walking, if you go to high, you'll lose oxegyn, and if you go too low kids will hid you with paint balls. Not to mention you're legs will go through your shoulders the first time you try landing on your legs. Then again if you breath underwater, you won't be protected from sea creatures like sharks, and you still have to prattle through the water which could get tiring, not to mention the deep creepy parts no man has ever explored. If I had to chose one, breathing underwater, at least then I can freak people out by pretending to drown at a public pool XD.

Watch and learn: http://www.cracked.com/video_18289_the-best-super-power-is-not-what-you-think.html

Edited by A.K. Yearling
  • Brohoof 1

I would DEFINETLY choose... actually, hang on... I don't know. Probably flying. Though water breathing would be cool. I was reading through this thread and I saw this:

Underwater breathing sounds nice until you realize the insane bone-crushing pressure of seawater. Get just 33 feet down, and you're already under twice as much pressure as you are right now. For my own safety, I don't think I'd like that.  :blink:

Flight is potentially just as dangerous for the exact opposite reason. Get too high up, and there wouldn't be enough pressure to hold your body together. That said, it would progress much slower than water. So, I'd prefer to take to the skies.  B)

You are actually correct about the pressure differentiation, but it's not what it seems. 33ft/10m puts you at 2 bar (2 atmosphere's worth of pressure). I regularly SCUBA dive at around 99ft/30m. That's 4 bar. It is actually beneficial to you though, as you are weightless, but under pressure. The pressure healps you recover from injuries like torn muscles, strain, etc. I know this because my dad had a REALLY badly torn shoulder and diving helped him recover. That was regularly diving at ~25m/~82.5ft.

TL;DR? Underwater is good for you.

Change in pressure negated I'd pick being able to fly, because even if you'e underwater and can breathe, you're still out of your element. Unless dragons and dinosaurs start invading, there are a lot more predators that would love to take a bite out of you underwater than in the air. I'd just stay a few 30 feet off the ground, wear a good jumpsuit and goggles, and carry a light load. All traffic is eliminated and I can go back home whenever I want to, not having to worry about the +2 hours of travel time with rush hour. Oh! And unless this burns some major calories and forces you to take frequent rest stops, it's the most environmentally and economically friendly way to travel!

Movie star. Simple haha. Since I love movies and I don't care much for rock. Movies is like my biggest interest so it's an easy choice for me. Though I'd rather be a director than an actor..