Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why My Little Pony Means So Much To Me...

Astral Empyrean

(edited)

I am a thinking person by nature, I am not known for keeping my mouth shut when a problem arises, you will not silence what is right and what is spoken for. For in this world, problems grow like a wildfire with an endless fueling source...Because that source is endless. The human race has fueled a fire that has burned and blazed since the beginning of time. In this world that we now live, problems can be seen, heard, and felt, yet no one does anything about it. Also the fact that we will look for a reason to fight, instead of standing up for the people in trouble. Why? Why do we fight? In the end one is victorious and the other is put down to the lowest level possible or even dead.

Why do we kill and fight? Why do we pick fights instead of standing up for the persons in the fight? These things no one can answer. In this world there will be no peace. There will only be war, fear, and hatred. Our place is determined by who we are how strong we are physically and mentally. The effect we can make on the people around us. Kind of like how a countrys worth is determined by how big their military is, how deep their resources go. But I know that people only look down on others through their own arrogance and stupidity. I have realized that people are the most dangerous thing in existence,  Because entire nations have been leveled by belief and strive for wealth and power. But we have no choice not to be among those people. And that a true friends worth can only be determined by their loyalty, honesty,kindness, the laughter they share with you, the generosity between you, and then that magical little spark that holds you together. For true friends will never leave you and you would never leave them. That is why I love the show and wish I could be whisked off to Equestria. Because in that fair land arguments and altercations never become fights, they become resolved situations. Also when some pony is in trouble no one stands around and goes "I see the problem, but I don't wan't to help. For its just giving me more work." No! They help each other and pull one another out of these bad situations. But not here sadly... Here men and woman have the nerve and the care-less attitude to drive a fire of hatred that has festered and broiled.

And after reading this... I wan't you to look at yourself and wonder "have I been true to myself and others. Was I there for that person in their time of need?" If not... Find a way to help them now... And as you can see this show holds more than entertainment value to me. It means much more. It gives me a clear slate in which I may point out the problems in our world. It gives me ideas on how to act and respond towards our worlds so called "Pandemic of Hatred" that has forever flowed through history. The show provides time in which I may slip away and dis-appear in plain sight, to ponder the wonders of what a whole and united world may be. It gives me time to even escape my own problems and find their solutions. And on top of that seeing characters that I find I can relate to, by seeing my qualitys and values in many a characters, helps me see how to solve problems by looking at how they solve their problems as not just the Mane 6... But as in-separable friends whom care and love each other until the sweet end. This is why the show has meaning to me...

Edited by -Fleet Admiral Dash-
  • Brohoof 13

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I pretty much agree with you. I just want to add how rare friends are. Not colleagues, not co-workers. Friends are rare.

I'd like to tell you to organize your post in paragraphs. It is long and the way it is now, it is difficult to read.

Ok well I really wanted to read this... but it was such a wall of text that you lost me after the first five lines.

Might I suggest the use of paragraphs? You know... those minor grammatical usages where you put a line in between blocks of text to make it easier to read your posts? They require the use of the return key which is also known as the enter key.....

TY.

Mikesarcasticstar Brony

I think, in other words…friendship is magic. A world built on good things, a world that is harmonized can reject evil such as war and conflict. Such a world would be far superior to our own.

• Brohoof 3

I think, in other words…friendship is magic. A world built on good things, a world that is harmonized can reject evil such as war and conflict. Such a world would be far superior to our own.

Quite the reason I find the show so special to myself, actually. It's a world where war, and enemy-ship are encountered infrequently. 

I agree with you 100% and honestly, I haven't been the best i can be. But the show has helped. I feel like ever since i started watching this, I've become more of a good person to everyone. I think that because of you, I love this show a whole lot more now and I didn't even think that was possible. Well all in all... you my good sir, deserve a medal.

Lol. I do deserve a medal don't I? And yes let me work on the paragraphing. I didn't feel like going all the way into grammar at 2 in the morning.  

I think I agree in a way. I like the word because it does have evil, but it's evil that can be tangibly faced and defeated, and can be clearly seen for what is.  I've always like worlds with a clear sense of heroes and villains. 

I also like it because it shows that being imperfect and making mistakes doesn't make always someone a bad person. That there's always hope for a second chance. 

• Brohoof 1

I think I agree in a way. I like the word because it does have evil, but it's evil that can be tangibly faced and defeated, and can be clearly seen for what is.  I've always like worlds with a clear sense of heroes and villains. 

I also like it because it shows that being imperfect and making mistakes doesn't make always someone a bad person. That there's always hope for a second chance. 

You make a very valid point. Because in this world... Villains are anyone. They could be the guy under the bridge up to the President. And anything in between. And if you want to joke... We all know politicians are evil. lol

• Brohoof 1

I think that I enjoy the show so much for a number of reasons. First its like a blast to the past of all the best (in my humble opinion) Cartoon Network shows. This for obvious reasons (Powerpuff Girls anyone?) Anyway it brings me back to a more relaxed time. Another is even though I am a girl I was never girlie. I love horses and ponies, unicorns, and pegasus but I wasn't the girly pink glitter kind of person. I appreciate that there is a show with such creatures and they are made for everyone to enjoy.

Also being an adult now, it makes it better because there is a show that is a "kids" show but has "adult" references in it. Most nineties shows were like that so that the whole family could enjoy them, but lately it just seems to be so rated down that parents would just as soon start their own tv company than have to endure letting their children watch most of the crap on now.

Just my thoughts :)

• Brohoof 1

The thoughts you espouse are good ones-however if there was no suffering in the world, how would we learn compassion?

If there was no wrongdoing, how would we learn to choose the higher road?

People have pondered the things you speak of for millennia-however I would venture that those who would destroy others for their own gain are fewer and further between than you might think. True, most who are disposed toward such behaviour are narcissistic and self important-and hence end up in politics or some such field, directing the conflicts we see in the world around us-but the majority of people understand that, by protecting others we are, in a sense protecting ourselves.

Shows like MLP are an escape from the realities of day to day living. That's why I have exhorted any who would listen to protect the things that make them happy. The world is more than happy to rip your hide off, and to trample underfoot the things that you hold dear-so be careful who you share them with. It's not necessary to tell everyone everything about yourself-in fact it's foolish to give others that power to upset you. Rather, share with those who you trust-and who you think might enjoy it themselves.

I've walked the road a while-and I'm here to tell you that the things that make you happy are precious. If this sweet little show has found a place in you, guard it-and guard your friends who enjoy it too.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The thoughts you espouse are good ones-however if there was no suffering in the world, how would we learn compassion?

If there was no wrongdoing, how would we learn to choose the higher road?

People have pondered the things you speak of for millennia-however I would venture that those who would destroy others for their own gain are fewer and further between than you might think. True, most who are disposed toward such behaviour are narcissistic and self important-and hence end up in politics or some such field, directing the conflicts we see in the world around us-but the majority of people understand that, by protecting others we are, in a sense protecting ourselves.

Shows like MLP are an escape from the realities of day to day living. That's why I have exhorted any who would listen to protect the things that make them happy. The world is more than happy to rip your hide off, and to trample underfoot the things that you hold dear-so be careful who you share them with. It's not necessary to tell everyone everything about yourself-in fact it's foolish to give others that power to upset you. Rather, share with those who you trust-and who you think might enjoy it themselves.

I've walked the road a while-and I'm here to tell you that the things that make you happy are precious. If this sweet little show has found a place in you, guard it-and guard your friends who enjoy it too.

Do you think it would be enough for us to understand "pleasure" if we had "there's bullies in the school, but people help me" kind of pain only? Or do you think that we need "murderers and dictators outside" kind of pain in order to understand pleasure?

I mean, do you think that we could do without the "big evils" of our society and still appreciate the things that make us happy?

EDIT: Pain and pleasure is a bad choice of words. I'm thinking more about happiness and suffering in general. 

Edited by moonlightavenger

A great story, and a good bit true, the mane 6 and the ponies in general are all great friends and resolve issues alot better then humans generally do.

I try my best to do my part to make the world a better place by helping people when I can and trying to be a friend when I can to people, but its hard sometimes.

Luckily the people here are among the nicest people in society, and bring me hope for society as a whole that there are good people out there.

Do you think it would be enough for us to understand "pleasure" if we had "there's bullies in the school, but people help me" kind of pain only? Or do you think that we need "murderers and dictators outside" kind of pain in order to understand pleasure?

I mean, do you think that we could do without the "big evils" of our society and still appreciate the things that make us happy?

EDIT: Pain and pleasure is a bad choice of words. I'm thinking more about happiness and suffering in general. 

I personally think that we could do perfectly well without any of it-I hate to see the suffering that some aspects of society inflict on others-My observation was just an attempt to find some good to come from all the bad-namely that people in general have the capacity to be compassionate rather than evil, and that the evil we see around us causes that compassion to manifest.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I completely agree with you. My Little Pony seriously changed my life. I have all these new friends since I joined. Thanks for explaining it. :)

Edited by Minty Wintergreen
  • Brohoof 1

I can say that, thanks to the show it really helped me communicate with other people and it really helped me get to know new friends. It just makes me want to smile.