Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Rarity's characterization influence your opinion negatively?

Tenor Clef

What do you think  

231 users have voted

1. 1. what do you think of Rarity

• Awesome pony! love her!
    • She is a great character
    • Yeah she is a good pony
    • Do not care...
    • not a fan
    • Ugh, not that pony
    • Lets discuss a different pony.

Rarity's situation seems much better than before the start of season 4, but I can't really blame her fans for being so defensive in discussions like this one. 

Take me for example. Even though Rarity had it really good this season, and she gained much more fans it seems, i still cannot help but to wonder every time when someone says that he learned to like her in season four if he or she is really truthful about that. I always wonder in the back of my head what this persons true intentions are.

Maybe it's just me, but i kinda surrounded myself with a thick shell of suspiciousness. And when a new episode airs, i always fear that the writers let Rarity do something that her haters can latch on again. I learned to distrust the bulk of the fandom, because of their judgemental nature.

*shrug* Maybe im just to dramatic and pessimistic.

• Brohoof 1

People take things way too seriously.

My favorite character is Spike, yet a lot of people hate him or think he's a useless character, and I really couldn't care less. I can see why someone wouldn't like Spike, and I really don't care whatsoever is someone has a negative opinion on him. It's kind of silly to get upset over someone not liking a character...

(edited)

100% agreed and the same thing can be said about Applejack.

I really don't want to be offensive or make Rarity or AJ fans look like victims or something like that, but Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rainbow ALWAYS were characters very loved in the fandom, no matter what they said or did. Yeah, there were episodes or the scenes, which met with negative reactions but it's nothing compared to the amount of hate Applejack and Rarity received through the last few years.

Sorry, but Pinkie or Fluttershy fans simply can't understand how it is when your favorite pony is constantly insulted with ''she's a background pony'' jokes or statements like ''greedy bitch'' by the ENTIRE fandom. The background pony joke is still alive and still 'hurts'. Maybe it's stupid, but I personally know AJ fans, who decided to leave the fandom, because of people, who were treating AJ as an unnecessary pony. Rarity's situation seems much better than before the start of season 4, but I can't really blame her fans for being so defensive in discussions like this one. 

+ EDITED:

Also, there's a big difference between being the least popular character and just hated character.

I don't have a problem with fact that AJ is the least popular Main 6.

Someone has to be, this is how it works.

But I'm sick and tired of ''background pony'' jokes. I'm sick and tired of people, who don't even want to give her a chance. I'm sick and tired, when people think that she's just a stereotypical character, who cares only about apples. I'm sick and tired, because as Applejack fan I sometimes feel (usually when I'm just upset and have a bad day or see really big amount of hate towards her) like I'm "the worse fan", because I should like popular characters like Fluttershy, Luna or Trixie. No, it's something what fans of the rest of characters just can't understand, because they never were in the same situation. 

Aye. I totally understand your frustration. For the longest time, Rarity and AJ fans were treated like we weren't true fans. 

Ah. I remember my introduction to the fandom - I got my fimfic account's inbox spammed with pics of Rarity getting killed and Loli. Why? Because it was a Rarity hate group and I was a huge Rarity fan. 

People suck. These two fanbases have been treated poorly for far too long, and I'm just sick of it -_-

I like to make myself believe that a good portion of us are better than that, but we're not. People don't realize how much this bothers us, and goddamn, I'm tired of it.

People take things way too seriously.

My favorite character is Spike, yet a lot of people hate him or think he's a useless character, and I really couldn't care less. I can see why someone wouldn't like Spike, and I really don't care whatsoever is someone has a negative opinion on him. It's kind of silly to get upset over someone not liking a character...

It isn't as much as people disliking her as it us that tthey're giant dicks about it, which kind of makes things not enjoyable, but to an extent, inaccessible. 

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

I've heard Ghostie talking one day about his troubles as a Rarity fan pre-S4,where being a Rarity fan was considered awful >_>

I've entered this fandom around July from the last year,and i had Applejack as my 1st favourite,with Rarity as a close 2nd.What I had saw about how ,uch hate did they received on that times wasn't even normal...

For AJ,Background Pony(i still have a strong base about why she's not a Background Pony,against haters who talk about her notdoing nothing...)

For Rarity,the typical "Bitch","Greedy",etc...

Seriously,what was wrong then?I've noticed since Rarity Takes Manehattan a giant boom on Rarity love(let's look at Rarity Fan Club nowadays :catface: )

Maybe it's just me, but i kinda surrounded myself with a thick shell of suspiciousness. And when a new episode airs, i always fear that the writers let Rarity do something that her haters can latch on again. I learned to distrust the bulk of the fandom, because of their judgemental nature.

I've always had the theory that,on the very beggining of the show,Rarity was made to be hated(sorry,Rarity fans,me myself included :( )

That can be tested,per example,on The Ticket Master,on Rarity's objective with Blueblood,when she wanted to marry him -_-

Later,as the show advanced,wesaw hor Rarity had started to evolve too,to becomes less and less hated(it was a very small effect,but it was something :P ),until the Rarity love boomed on Rarity Takes Manehattan...

This is a question for EVERY Rarity fan

What would be your thoughts if you rated Rarity for her first appearings on S1?

Imagine yourselves at 2011,during the S1,and Rarity being showed at the first beggining as bad(ppl on that time didn't botheredto see her "hidden" Generosity acts >_> )

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

.This is a question for EVERY Rarity fan

Imagine yourselves at 2011,during the S1,and Rarity being showed at the first beggining as bad(ppl on that time didn't botheredto see her "hidden" Generosity acts >_> )

Truth be told, her acts of generosity and how great of a character she was were apparent to me since the first time I saw her, which, is why I was so surprised to see everyone hate her as much as they did back in the day. I had to realize that they were stereotyping her as a Diamond Tiara type character for some reason, because I was honestly confused  >_>

Sure, she has her flaws, but that's part of what makes her an interesting character. What would Rarity be without her flaws? :D

She's been my favorite since day 1 as a brony :wub:

• Brohoof 2

This is a question for EVERY Rarity fan

Raritys first scenes where helping Twi with her ruined mane even though she did not have to, cutting off her tail for a sea-serpent even though she did not have too... And kicking a manticore in the face...

Im Rarity fan since season one, i was there.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ah. I remember my introduction to the fandom - I got my fimfic account's inbox spammed with pics of Rarity getting killed and Loli. Why? Because it was a Rarity hate group and I was a huge Rarity fan. 

THIS.

Yeah, it's easy to say that Rarity or Applejack fans are overreacting. Or they just can't deal with the fact that their faves aren't as popular as other characters. Yes, maybe we're overreacting. Maybe we're too pessimistic. But we're people and people are imperfect and have emotions.

It all has a reason. When fans of other characters or haters of my fav character treat me like shit - I involuntarily start to feel like shit too. When someone treats me bad, I feel bad. When someone abuse something what I like and don't even have the basic respect for my opinion- I feel abused. 

You know what's the real reason? People are not thinking. When I dislike something - I avoid it. I avoid talking about it, seeing it, just avoid everything about this thing, because I prefer to focus on things I like. People treat "background pony" joke as... well, as silly joke and way to show how little they care about AJ. But this became kinda offensive, when people started to compete about who first is going to write ''Applejack is a background pony". Yeah, it's easy to say "ignore it". Some people can. Some can't. Especially, if they see it everywhere on every single site, under every single article about their favorite character. It became boring. Tiring. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 4

Truth be told, her acts of generosity and how great of a character she was were apparent to me since the first time I saw her, which, is why I was so surprised to see everyone hate her as much as they did back in the day. I had to realize that they were stereotyping her as a Diamond Tiara type character for some reason, because I was honestly confused  >_>

Sure, she has her flaws, but that's part of what makes her an interesting character. What would Rarity be without her flaws? :D

She's been my favorite since day 1 as a brony :wub:

Raritys first scenes where helping Twi with her ruined mane even though she did not have to, cutting off her tail for a sea-serpent even though she did not have too... And kicking a manticore in the face...

Im Rarity fan since season one, i was there.

I know...I would think on the same way(and that as exactly what happened with me to like her :3)

But back then,during the show's boom,the Pony Ratings were more different :(

During the show's beggining,Rainbow Dash was the first favourite(question for the old school RD fans :catface: )

I've liked at the very first begining Rainbow Dash(because,practically,a pic of her called my attention to watch the show :P )

Then i've jumped to Twilight and Pinkie,until I stayed with Applejack as definitive favourite pony,but always having Rarity as a second ^_^

People are not thinking. When I dislike something - I avoid it. I avoid talking about it, seeing it, just avoid everything about this thing, because I prefer to focus on things I like.

That's the base of all the original Rarity hate.

I've never hated Rarity(even when I joined the fandom,I had Rarity on a 2nd place :P ),but other people didn't bothered to see her Generosity acts during the first season(she cut her tail to help another one who had problems,she made dresses for her friends for free,etc....) and thinked that the best action to do was to hate >_>

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

And one simple message to fans of other characters.

You don't need to like Rarity. Or Applejack. Or anyone, just like who you want to like and try to focus on positive things. But don't let other fans feel bad about who THEY like.

Don't repeat stupid jokes. Intervene, if you see hate. For you it's just a moment, but it really could make our fandom better and I believe it's something important for all of us. Because it's fandom of bronies, not "fandom of bronies who like Fluttershy or Luna". 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I've never hated Rarity(even when I joined the fandom,I had Rarity on a 2nd place :P ),but other people didn't bothered to see her Generosity acts during the first season(she cut her tail to help another one who had problems,she made dresses for her friends for free,etc....) and thinked that the best action to do was to hate >_>

Fortunately, we've grown quite a bit lately :D I'm proud to say that we Rarity fans have a voice that can be heard loud and clear now - and AJ has been growing quite a bit, too :D 

Things are changing ;)

Even though some people are still like they were in the past, the Rarity haters, and, to an extent, the Applejack haters, have became a minority.

• Brohoof 2

It all has a reason. When fans of other characters or haters of my fav character treat me like shit - I involuntarily start to feel like shit too. When someone treats me bad, I feel bad. When someone abuse something what I like and don't even have the basic respect for my opinion- I feel abused.    You know what's the real reason? People are not thinking. When I dislike something - I avoid it. I avoid talking about it, seeing it, just avoid everything about this thing, because I prefer to focus on things I like. People treat "background pony" joke as... well, as silly joke and way to show how little they care about AJ. But this became kinda offensive, when people started to compete about who first is going to write ''Applejack is a background pony". Yeah, it's easy to say "ignore it". Some people can. Some can't. Especially, if they see it everywhere on every single site, under every single article about their favorite character. It became boring. Tiring. 

This so much.

I can't say I'm as big of an Applejack fan as I used to be, but even so, whenever I see Applejack hate, I immediately get this feeling of irritation prickling in my chest, and I get the urge to post a long-ass rant even if it wouldn't change the poster's mind the slightest bit. And then when I do post such a thing, they immediately turn around and laugh it off as my overreacting, that it's my fault for being so sensitive, even though they were the ones purposely provoking me. 

You know, it's honestly better to invest all your energy into loving something rather than hating it. You have the power to have feelings for something; why not let it be love? It's really a more positive emotion to have. It's easier, and it usually won't have a negative effect on yourself or others. Whereas hating something would get you some angry letters. It's just not worth it. 

I've recently loved a particular show, and I expressed my love for it nearly everywhere I go. On another site I've been on, however, there was a member who was so bothered by it that he started hating on my favorite character in his statuses and blocked me so I wouldn't be able to respond. The irritation increased tenfold, and I was about to reply to it with my own status when my friends told me that his hating on my favorite character in order to piss me off shows just how low he is. Always remember that—whenever someone hates on your favorite character for reasons ridiculously illegitimate, they're a lesser person than you are. 

• Brohoof 4

Things are changing ;)

Thank Celestia they are, we Rari- and Applefans don't want to be treated better than the rest of the fandom. We just want to be treated equal. The good side of that whole affair is that we kinda became brothers in arms, Rarity and Applejackfans. At least i like to imagine it like that.

But like you said... The winds of change blows strong these days...

• Brohoof 1

Actually, hate over Rarity has been decreasing a lot. Rarity has been gaining lots of popularity lately. Just look at her fan club! She has over 4k posts! Im pretty sure thats more than any other fan club. But even tough it may be just a few fans. Im sure she has the most dedicated ones to her! Rarity is an awesome pony (My 3rd best pony) And we´ve got to learn that everypony has sometimes their moments, and we should highlight good things about her, not just the bad ones.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I always see, on this forum site and others, a very large number of people who really dislike rarity.

some are just "she is not representing her element" I do not see that, at least in what I've seen.

and others are sometimes just blindly hating on the stereotypical fashion of her.

so It got me wondering, how many people are really disliking the character, so here is a poll for it.

Discuss your answers bellow if you like.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

*obligatory inb4 ghostie*

To be honest, I don't think all that many people still dislike her. Personally I've loved her since before I joined. :D

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 4

I always see, on this forum site and others, a very large number of people who really dislike rarity.

some are just "she is not representing her element" I do not see that, at least in what I've seen.

and others are sometimes just blindly hating on the stereotypical fashion of her.

so It got me wondering, how many people are really disliking the character, so here is a poll for it.

Discuss your answers bellow if you like.

I was actually contemplating about doing a poll like that... :muffins: Did not have the heart to do it though...

Even though i like all mane6, Rarity will always have a very special place in my heart. Rarity is the reason i got into the fandom after all...

I love her generosity, her elegance, her strength, her artistic nature, her voice, her design, the fact that she is not the usual shallow fashionista cliché... pretty much everything. She has of course flaws, but these make her the interesting, great character she is.

She is a rare gem, a great friend and a truly generous soul. I love her to bits... :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I doubt she's very hated anymore, besides she's probably one of the most popular ponies on this forum

Anyway I voted for the first option, she's my second favorite character tying with Twilight

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Rarity is best pony! She has class, beauty, elegance, brains and, of course, GENEROSITY!! I will even put ghostie's list, it's sad it even has to be shown, especially so much.

S01E01: Friendship is Magic

Gives Twilight a free makeover after Rainbow Dash messed up her mane.

S01E02: Friendship Is Magic

Cuts off her tail to give a monster or something the missing half of his mustache.

S01E11: Winter Wrap Up

After Twilight did a horrible job making a nest, she spent all of her time trying to fix her friend's mistake, putting her horribly behind quota.

S01E14: Suited For Success

Made all of her friends dresses for the gala free of charge, and they kept complaining about how they looked and how they wanted them to look, which made her dresses look horrible in front of some huge name in the fashion business.

S01E16: Sonic Rainboom

When Twilight wanted to try out a new spell that she had never done before and warned it could have possible side effects if botched, Rarity readily subjects herself to the spell, so she can go cheer on Rainbow Dash at her flying competition.

S01E20: Green isn't Your Color

Keeps quiet about her jealousy of Fluttershy's newfound fame in the fashion business, something she had been trying to accomplish before the show even started. After Fluttershy stumbles and trips on the runway and the crowd turns against her, Rarity begins cheering to save her friend, despite feeling it should've been her making it big instead of Fluttershy.

S01E25: A Party of One

Purposely ruins her mane, which she's extremely proud of, in order to keep Pinkie's surprise party a secret.

S02E05: Sisterhooves Social

After making a mistake in the way she took care of her sister, she hid IN MUD in order to complete a race with her sister for forgiveness, when all and all, it was just siblings fighting over trivial matters, like EVERY siblings do.

S02E08: Mysterious Mare Do Well

Makes 4 costumes for her friends to wear in their mission of bringing a borderlining on narcissism Rainbow Dash back down to earth.

S02E09: Sweet & Elite

When it came down to it, she chose her unsophisticated Ponyville friends over the Canterlot Ponies, who she had dreamt of fitting in with.

S02E10: Secret of My Excess

Spares the feelings of a horny baby dragon who stole half of the city and kidnapped her, even going as far to kiss him on the cheek.

S02E14: The Last Roundup

Rides a damn whatever you call that thing all the way back to Ponyville with an extremely repetitive Pinkie Pie due to Rainbow Dash's negligence.

S02E19: Putting Your Hoof Down

Tries helping Fluttershy learn how to stand up for herself, and welcomes Fluttershy back after she attacks her dreams.

S02E21: Dragon Quest

Attempts to stand up for Spike when the other 5 laugh at his apron. Creates a huge costume so RD, Twilight and herself could follow him to make sure he was alright. Stands directly behind Rainbow Dash's flank the entire time they're hiding, without complaining. Prepares to fight dragons in yet another attempt to stand up for Spike.

S02E25: A Canterlot Wedding

Makes a ton a fricken' dresses for the wedding, free of charge.

S03E01: The Crystal Empire

In order to buy time for Twilight, makes a bunch of hats and shit out of hay and straws. Does a very good job at it, I might add.

S03E12: Games Ponies Play

Takes the extremely difficult job of preparing Cadence's mane in the intricate detail it had to be done in, with only 15 minutes of time left. Also does a good job.

(Note: Rarity got screwed in Season 3. I assure you Season 4 will be different.)

Equestria Girls:

Makes dressed for them to all wear to the dance free of charge. Helps clean up the gym so Twilight could when the crown that night, despite hating messes. After Sunset Playdough-Hair ruins Twilight's reputation, tries helping Twilight go incognito until it can be fixed. Share her idea and Wondercolt's costume with the rest to change Twilight's horrid reputation.

S04E03 - Castle Mane-ia

Heads to the Castle of the Two Sisters in order to restore ancient tapestries out of respect to art. She'd be giving her time, effort, and possibly money for needed supplies to restore something that's not hers for free.

S04E08 - Rarity Takes Manehattan

• Gave an extra large tip to the Bell Boy numerous times
  • Gave her scarf to a cold stranger
  • Gave a potential job that could've landed her in fame to Coco
  • Helped fix the Taxi Driver's broken thing.
  • Bought Spike a hot dog.
  • Gave Suri pieces of her one of a kind fabric to use in her ensembles, despite Suri being her competition in the fashion contest.

S04E10 - Rainbow Falls

Made outfits for the Ponyville Relay team free of charge. Not talking about quality here - she took the time and effort to make the outfits and expected nothing in return.

S04E13 - Simple Ways

She accepted the job of organizing the community event, even though her job keeps her extremely busy and working constantly.

S04E14 - Filli Vanilli

Constantly performed with the Ponytones in order to help Fluttershy enjoy herself singing.

S04E17 - Somepony to Watch Over Me

Even though she doesn't make an appearance, Applejack says "Rarity is on her way over to watch y'all while I'm gone" - hence, took time out of her day to watch Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo when she didn't have to.

S04E18 - Maud Pie

Offered to help Maud with fashion and make her an ensemble - we know that in the end Maud just wanted a dirty dishrag, but Rarity was ready to make a whole outfit for free.

S04E19 - For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

Puts a celebrity client's order to the side in order to help make Sweetie Belle's dresses look nice.

S04E21 - Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

Made replicas of old Wonderbolts costumes in an attempt to help RD study for her test - participated in the reenactment of the Wonderbolts history in order to help RD study.

S04E23 - Inspiration Manifestation

Made that douchebag Puppteer a puppet booth free of charge. An entire fricken' puppet booth, for nothing in return.

From Vocabulary.com:

Generosity is a quality that's a lot like unselfishness — someone showing generosity is happy to give to or share time, money, food, or whatever with others.

Generosity is a quality — like honesty and patience — that we all probably wish we had more of. When you show generosity, you might give away things or money or put others before yourself. But generosity is about more than cash and stuff. When you're forgiving and gentle to people, you show generosity of spirit. If you give others help or credit, that shows generosity. The world would certainly be a better place if more people showed generosity to others.

Edited by Azureth
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Rarity is best pony! She has class, beauty, elegance, brains and, of course, GENEROSITY!! I will even put ghostie's list, it's sad it even has to be shown, especially so much.

S01E01: Friendship is Magic

Gives Twilight a free makeover after Rainbow Dash messed up her mane.

S01E02: Friendship Is Magic

Cuts off her tail to give a monster or something the missing half of his mustache.

S01E11: Winter Wrap Up

After Twilight did a horrible job making a nest, she spent all of her time trying to fix her friend's mistake, putting her horribly behind quota.

S01E14: Suited For Success

Made all of her friends dresses for the gala free of charge, and they kept complaining about how they looked and how they wanted them to look, which made her dresses look horrible in front of some huge name in the fashion business.

S01E16: Sonic Rainboom

When Twilight wanted to try out a new spell that she had never done before and warned it could have possible side effects if botched, Rarity readily subjects herself to the spell, so she can go cheer on Rainbow Dash at her flying competition.

S01E20: Green isn't Your Color

Keeps quiet about her jealousy of Fluttershy's newfound fame in the fashion business, something she had been trying to accomplish before the show even started. After Fluttershy stumbles and trips on the runway and the crowd turns against her, Rarity begins cheering to save her friend, despite feeling it should've been her making it big instead of Fluttershy.

S01E25: A Party of One

Purposely ruins her mane, which she's extremely proud of, in order to keep Pinkie's surprise party a secret.

S02E05: Sisterhooves Social

After making a mistake in the way she took care of her sister, she hid IN MUD in order to complete a race with her sister for forgiveness, when all and all, it was just siblings fighting over trivial matters, like EVERY siblings do.

S02E08: Mysterious Mare Do Well

Makes 4 costumes for her friends to wear in their mission of bringing a borderlining on narcissism Rainbow Dash back down to earth.

S02E09: Sweet & Elite

When it came down to it, she chose her unsophisticated Ponyville friends over the Canterlot Ponies, who she had dreamt of fitting in with.

S02E10: Secret of My Excess

Spares the feelings of a horny baby dragon who stole half of the city and kidnapped her, even going as far to kiss him on the cheek.

S02E14: The Last Roundup

Rides a damn whatever you call that thing all the way back to Ponyville with an extremely repetitive Pinkie Pie due to Rainbow Dash's negligence.

S02E19: Putting Your Hoof Down

Tries helping Fluttershy learn how to stand up for herself, and welcomes Fluttershy back after she attacks her dreams.

S02E21: Dragon Quest

Attempts to stand up for Spike when the other 5 laugh at his apron. Creates a huge costume so RD, Twilight and herself could follow him to make sure he was alright. Stands directly behind Rainbow Dash's flank the entire time they're hiding, without complaining. Prepares to fight dragons in yet another attempt to stand up for Spike.

S02E25: A Canterlot Wedding

Makes a ton a fricken' dresses for the wedding, free of charge.

S03E01: The Crystal Empire

In order to buy time for Twilight, makes a bunch of hats and shit out of hay and straws. Does a very good job at it, I might add.

S03E12: Games Ponies Play

Takes the extremely difficult job of preparing Cadence's mane in the intricate detail it had to be done in, with only 15 minutes of time left. Also does a good job.

(Note: Rarity got screwed in Season 3. I assure you Season 4 will be different.)

Equestria Girls:

Makes dressed for them to all wear to the dance free of charge. Helps clean up the gym so Twilight could when the crown that night, despite hating messes. After Sunset Playdough-Hair ruins Twilight's reputation, tries helping Twilight go incognito until it can be fixed. Share her idea and Wondercolt's costume with the rest to change Twilight's horrid reputation.

S04E03 - Castle Mane-ia

Heads to the Castle of the Two Sisters in order to restore ancient tapestries out of respect to art. She'd be giving her time, effort, and possibly money for needed supplies to restore something that's not hers for free.

S04E08 - Rarity Takes Manehattan

• Gave an extra large tip to the Bell Boy numerous times
  • Gave her scarf to a cold stranger
  • Gave a potential job that could've landed her in fame to Coco
  • Helped fix the Taxi Driver's broken thing.
  • Bought Spike a hot dog.
  • Gave Suri pieces of her one of a kind fabric to use in her ensembles, despite Suri being her competition in the fashion contest.

S04E10 - Rainbow Falls

Made outfits for the Ponyville Relay team free of charge. Not talking about quality here - she took the time and effort to make the outfits and expected nothing in return.

S04E13 - Simple Ways

She accepted the job of organizing the community event, even though her job keeps her extremely busy and working constantly.

S04E14 - Filli Vanilli

Constantly performed with the Ponytones in order to help Fluttershy enjoy herself singing.

S04E17 - Somepony to Watch Over Me

Even though she doesn't make an appearance, Applejack says "Rarity is on her way over to watch y'all while I'm gone" - hence, took time out of her day to watch Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo when she didn't have to.

S04E18 - Maud Pie

Offered to help Maud with fashion and make her an ensemble - we know that in the end Maud just wanted a dirty dishrag, but Rarity was ready to make a whole outfit for free.

S04E19 - For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

Puts a celebrity client's order to the side in order to help make Sweetie Belle's dresses look nice.

S04E21 - Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3

Made replicas of old Wonderbolts costumes in an attempt to help RD study for her test - participated in the reenactment of the Wonderbolts history in order to help RD study.

S04E23 - Inspiration Manifestation

Made that douchebag Puppteer a puppet booth free of charge. An entire fricken' puppet booth, for nothing in return.

From Vocabulary.com:

Generosity is a quality that's a lot like unselfishness — someone showing generosity is happy to give to or share time, money, food, or whatever with others.

Generosity is a quality — like honesty and patience — that we all probably wish we had more of. When you show generosity, you might give away things or money or put others before yourself. But generosity is about more than cash and stuff. When you're forgiving and gentle to people, you show generosity of spirit. If you give others help or credit, that shows generosity. The world would certainly be a better place if more people showed generosity to others.

Ah, hey, you used the list I made :D

Anyway, she's one of the most popular ponies on this forum, in case that wasn't obvious - Rarity hate diminished a lot across the whole fandom during Season 4, though :D The irrational hate for her is now on par with the other members of the mane 6. You can't expect every mane 6 member to be liked by everyone - they all have their haters. A majority of Rarity's haters have been silenced, though, and she's got the same number as every one of the other mane ponies now - which, is good :D She doesn't deserve hate.

• Brohoof 8