Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least amount of sleep you had before taking a test at school?

Moonlight

Personally, I had 2 hours of sleep when I took my Science State Test for 8th grade. The class and I had 2 hours and 30 minutes to take the test, and I got done first in 30 minutes. .-.

How about you all? Did you ever fail a test for sleeping a low amount?

post-15132-0-33994300-1374308099.gif

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

After I got a new video game (forgot which, I think Kingdom Hearts II) I literally played all night. So the next day I had to wait until my physics test last period after being awake for thirty hours. Not pleasant, to say the least. I did manage to get a B, if I remember correctly.

Edited by Foreigner and Lover
  • Brohoof 1

None.

I did not feel impaired whatsoever. I believe I got an A. I think I missed two, but that's just because I'm lazy, don't take notes or study, and it they were just some random specific things you could only learn if you actually tried to learn it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not in a school program where I have to take tests anymore, but a month ago during final projects week I was awake for 48 hours to try and finish multiple assignments.

It was super weird finally going to sleep!

I had no sleep before taking my Form & Analysis (basically Music Theory with broader forms in music) and Medieval England (which was three essays) final exams.

Basically, I had no time to sleep. I had to write out those three essays in advance because that was the way to do it, at least in my eyes, so I did that, after midnight. lol  Then, seeing as my first exam was at 8:30 am, and I was commuting an hour away and had to take a bus that had times that didn't work out for me, leaving me to take a 5:30 am bus, which is also thirty minutes away from my house... There was no time to sleep.

It all worked out miraculously. I wasn't really worried about my Form & Analysis final because it was mostly knowing information, and I'm not bad with Music Theory. So naturally, that went well. It was the Medieval England final that went miraculously - I didn't know that I could remember that much for a test! I pretty much wrote my essays from overnight word for word, but improved. And I made an A on the exam!

Probably a hour? It was the final exams and my parents were strict. I was under huge pressure, but at least I passed the exams. :3

About 3-4 hours. I nodded off during the exam, and got an 11 out of 100. Failed the class, and was forced to take a class at a nearby university in the summertime to make up for it.

My summer school turned out to be a poetry class, with students ranging from dressed-in-black moody kids to football players on academic probation to 70-year-old widowers, all of us tasked with making and sharing creative writing. Everyone put in a lot of effort, and the work that came out of it was highly entertaining.

Best course I took during my four years in college, by far.

The least amount that I had before taking a test was about, half an hour since I had to get up early and get to school on time to take the test or I fail.

Haha, these storys are so great ! Didnt realise how good you all are at doing exams after no sleep haha :P

I have alot of freinds who have pulled all nighters to cram revision before morming exams >< i guess its just the thing you do in UNI/college

• Brohoof 1

Ironically, in spite of my crappy grades and the fact that I didn't do homework like...ever I never really failed tests. I actually have never been the type to lose sleep over school at all. I went to bed when I wanted and woke up for school the next morning. No matter how much I struggled to get up by the time I was actually at school I was awake enough for anything. That's still pretty much the case now. Once I wake up, I'm up, but it's a battle to do so.

• Brohoof 1

None, of course. I spent all that time cramming. I went to that test fueled by Redbull and pure willpower. Got a C; totally not worth the amount of hours I put into to cramming but at least it's a passing grade.

It's actually not all that rare for me to get absolutely no sleep before taking a test the next day actually...

The least amount of sleep I had when I actually got some sleep before having to take a test at school, was 45 mins... and I think I only slept for about 20 of those...

• Brohoof 1

well i never sleep at all so i do just about the same everytime c to a b i hate tests if i lived in ponyvile by now i would have already found my live calling o well maybe when i die i will become a pony and be reborn into the world of ponies

post-17818-0-69659700-1374479219_thumb.jpg

post-17818-0-95039400-1374479232.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Didn't go to raid in WoW the night before I took the SAT for the first time, so I could be "well-rested," since we ended at midnight back then. Turns out, I didn't get to sleep until 4 AM. So, that's a total of 1.5 hours of sleep. My mom was all like, "You just didn't sleep because you wanted to raid!" which was completely false.

GG

Oh, got a 1910. Considered re-taking when I heard about 2k+ scores from my friends, but I never did. Guess I never needed to.

Insomnia also claimed me the night before my Principles of Biology II final. 2.5 hours on that one, got like a B+ or some shit. Had to take two more exams that day after that. One at 2 PM, then one at 7 PM. 

There's a zone of exhaustion for me that falls between 5-7 hours of sleep. More sleep than that, I'm fine for the whole day. That amount, I fall into sleep's clutches during class - nodding off, but remaining semi-conscious. Less than that, and...well, I don't know what happens. It's like my body says to my brain:

"THIS IS OUR FINAL STAND. WHAT HAPPENS HERE WILL ECHO THROUGH THE AGES. REGARDLESS OF OUTCOME, THEY WILL KNOW WE FOUGHT WITH HONOR AND GLORY! WE MUST PRESS ON!"

This goes on for the whole day -  I can trudge through any damn thing, like I was Tryndamere with Undying Rage activated, or a WoW death knight protected by Purgatory, but at about 6 PM, my willpower fails me...unless there's more tests to take. In which case, I press on through sleep deprivation that would floor mere mortals. Well, most mortals anyway.

Edited by HandMan
  • Brohoof 1

The end of the first semester of 10th grade was horrendous. I stayed up all night before finals trying to get a ton of homework done at the last minute (which I was not able to do). I remember taking my trigonometry final that day, I was so out of it during that. I failed it.

Thankfully, I cleaned up my act, and the end of the second semester of 10th grade was a far more pleasant experience, and my grades were also a lot better than first semester.

• Brohoof 1

I always prepare ahead so that i don't have this problem, generally before an Exam I try and get at least 9 hours.

That said however one time I think I ended up with only 3 hours sleep before an exam, I didn't do brilliantly but I still passed it so meh.

• Brohoof 1

Sleep usually has nothing to do whether or not I fail.

If I were to fail, which happens rarely (but I might usually get a fairly low score) it is due to the lack of studying I do.

I actually plan to start studying more next school year!

• Brohoof 1

I had 30 mins of sleep after being up for 40 hours before I did a motorbike test, does that count? :P

I passed it anyway :D

I usually have about 3-4 hours of sleep before Uni anyway so I don't need to sleep much before a test usually :P

I once had one hour of sleep when I had to take two tests on the same day in my senior year of high school. I was on YouTube watching videos and wasn't paying attention to the time. After watching this one video about Yu-Gi-Oh, I noticed it was 4:30 and freaked out because I had to be up by 5:30, so I skedaddled myself right to bed and tried to get some sleep before then. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun taking those tests when I kept falling asleep during them.  :lol: 

I still passed though.