Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do/did your parents discipline you?

Moonlight

(edited)

With Spankings, and my stuff getting took off of me of course!

It was only this year where spanking your child became illegal here in Scotland (but how they'll inforce that I'll never know)

And I haven't been punnished with spankings for years, it's now just take my phone (which I hardly use) because I dissagree with my school's approach of exsistence!

Edited by Sherbert
I'm 13

Well enough that I wasn’t one of those kids that screamed in the grocery store because they didn’t get what they wanted, or ran around in restaurants being a nusance.

On 10/29/2013 at 11:58 AM, Lunas Husband said:

Ah I got spanked when I was younger a lot.. because I liked to do stupid shit.. I guess not has changed for me.. anyway ahh then I would get set to my room for a few days.. ahh I get things taken away..

2 hours ago, Hanekawa Tsubasa said:

they never did do anything like that

Wow, what a huge gap between posts.

And yes, it was spanking in my preschool days

I was spanked once. Otherwise it was time outs and discussions. I adhere to the time out and discussion method now, as well as postive reinforcement of good behavior. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, We. said:

huge gap between posts.

While I appreciate my parents and I totally agree with their way of upbringing it wasn't all flowers for me either though because they most times gave me all I wanted and because of that I think I started feeling guilty because I felt I was taking advantage  of their kindness.

That is where the downhill started I kinda started suppressing myself and my own needs so I wouldn't need anything from my parents I denied myself the freedom to wish things and want anything. I adapted being happy with the things that I had. 

While this mindset getting deeper into me I kinda lost my sense of self completely.

Only recent years I've been able to kinda bit to get a hold of myself though it is still extremely  tough for me to express something that I want anything like that

If I misbehaved I got spanked, my parents didn't put up with my shit as a little kid so it happened frequently cause I was a bit of a trouble maker back then. As I got older they just took my stuff from me. This is probably how I'm going to raise my kids too.

7 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Well enough that I wasn’t one of those kids that screamed in the grocery store because they didn’t get what they wanted, or ran around in restaurants being a nusance.

As an experienced busser I know exactly how annoying little kids running around can be. I've nearly stepped on them, and nearly been knocked to the ground several times while carrying 50+ lbs of dishes.

I've never been hit nor spanked by my parents.

My dad once made me go back to the grocery store with him after I was caught stealing a LEGO set. He made me apologise to the cashier and told me to purchase the item with my own allowance money - it was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life and I sure as hell have never stolen since.

27 minutes ago, Royce said:

I've never been hit nor spanked by my parents.

My dad once made me go back to the grocery store with him after I was caught stealing a LEGO set. He made me apologise to the cashier and told me to purchase the item with my own allowance money - it was one of the most embarrassing moments in my life and I sure as hell have never stolen since.

Which LEGO set was it?

8 hours ago, shadowwarp940 said:

The infamous sandal! Everyone who was every raised in a mexican house knows about it! It's the greatest of weapons and it hurt a lot 

The same way this user was disciplined.What can I say? I was raised by full blooded Mexican parents.

"La Chancla" is a very scary and painful instrument of torture.Still have nightmares of it to this day lol

Just now, Messy Mane said:

The same way this user was disciplined.What can I say? I was raised by full blooded Mexican parents.

"La Chancla" is a very scary and painful instrument of torture.Still have nightmares of it to this day lol

We're both Mexicans man, we know the pain! Flashbacks to when mama would hit us...well for me it was usually abuelita who hit me the most, but still! Those days were awful lol

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, shadowwarp940 said:

We're both Mexicans man, we know the pain! Flashbacks to when mama would hit us...well for me it was usually abuelita who hit me the most, but still! Those days were awful lol

Yup, I will never forget the pain.Mostly was Mama who would hit me for lots of reasons.Failing classes,Shenanigans with the kids in El Barrio,not getting dressed to go to church,accidentally stealing gum at the gas station,burping in front of random strangers faces on the bus,etc. 

Memories *deep sigh* lmao

Just now, Messy Mane said:

Yup, I will never forget the pain.Mostly was Mama who would hit me for lots of reasons.Failing classes,Shenanigans with the kids in El Barrio,not getting dressed to go to church,accidentally stealing gum at the gas station,burping in front of random strangers faces on the bus,etc. 

Memories *deep sigh* lmao

I'd get hit for "being sassy". When really I just sighed without being sassy. There was also another time when I took a guava from my neighbor's tree. Oh well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles

My parents seldom resorted to spanking me when I was little. I always knew when I was pushing the boundaries and was smart enough not to overstep them. The main form of punishment I had was that I had to come and sit quietly in the living room and watch whatever lousy TV my dad was watching until I was allowed to go. A few minutes was all it usually took for me to learn my lesson and settle down. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Spankings, just like any little kid. It was never with a belt though, my mom doesn't believe in using a belt, to her it's borderline abuse to a child. She would always use either a skinny stick from outdoors, or sometimes the fly swat.:wacko: My dad was never around very much, being a truck driver he was gone for weeks at a time, so my mom had to deal with us kids. :P As I got older I would have to stand in the corner for like 20 minutes or so, sometimes longer. Nowadays, I'm too old for all that. I still get grounded from my phone and computer though very once in a great while, but it's always over something stupid. I guess I can be a bit of a sassy smartass, which is 99.99% why she ends up grounding me in the first place. :unamused:

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Timeout for smaller things, spankings for bigger things. I'd fidget in timeout though so my mom changed that to holding a quarter against a wall with my nose. If the quarter dropped she'd restart the timer. I'm a very picky eater, I dislike far more than I should, so a spoonful of pickle juice was used a few times. My childhood friend and I would swing from the towel hanger in his bathroom. He broke it at one point. He weighed more than me though and the hanger was weaker than the one at my house, so I figured mine was still fine to swing on. Not for very long, I paid for the damages. I had 2 main continuing issues. Not cleaning my room and not doing my homework. I am just flat out terrible at keeping my room clean up to this day, so my mother would go in with a garbage bag and toss everything in it. Toys included. Less about not doing my homework and more about lying about having done it and coming home with bad progress reports. I just chose to watch TV or be online instead. That was a simple grounding from either. This sucked, more so in later childhood years, but I had a vivid imagination, a dog, awareness of the Fallout series, and 50-60 miles worth of alley ways with bottle caps that needed collecting. Still have all 2,000 or so of them. I'd rather walk around for several hours looking for them than do homework, and my means of self entertainment made the punishment far less effective. In the end it was reminders from them and myself of not wanting to be a failure that got me back to work when I really needed to.

Timeout for talking back to them and smaller things. They screamed and yelled at me either way. One time my dad spanked me while yelling "If you do this again my hand print will stay." or something. My parents were very strict and mean when I was little, to enforce a sense of maturity into me when I was little. They regulated what I did, what I could say, and all that sort of thing.

(edited)

with a wooden spoon to my backside

actually, most of the time, it was just taking away something or some privilege. Most of the spanking/hitting was when I was really young, and completely defenseless. Now that sounds bad, and it is- but I actually have very good parents who tried hard. I imagine it's very difficult to 'discipline' a child. 

Edited by Olly

I was never disciplined physically and I'm glad I wasn't. I apparently didn't misbehave that much either so discipline wasn't always needed in the first place. Mostly it was just having my "computer time" taken away or sternly but not exactly angrily explaining to me why a certain activity wasn't appreciated.