Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you like/dislike Equestria Girls?

Cloby

Some many bronys are telling that is the worst movie or they like it but (...) or they didnt espect that.

In my case, Equestria girls are like any other episode. For example: The cristal empire are 2 episodes, if you put it together is like 1 hour of animation and story. Equestria Girls is like 2 episodes together but they put it as a movie.

Also I dont like humans, I prefer a land of magic creatures and amazing adventures insted of a normal life  >_> .

Also.... Sunset sime prefer to live in a world of humans insted of a land full of magic and were everypony are really nice with other ones. WHY?!?!?!  :angry:

• Brohoof 1

I tend to like everything. Unless it Diamond Tiara. I don't like her. mlp-tmeh.png

I don't know, I think the writing was great, the story made enough sense and it left me satisfied. mlp-timok.png

Oh, please... Dashie was the reason this was great.

1374164394546.jpeg

The Things I Didn't Like.

• The amount of teenage angst.
  • The plot-holes.
  • The amount of cliché.
  • Reducing the entire country of Equestria into a High-school which has a terribly small purview comparatively.
  • The underdevelopment of two supposedly main characters, Sunset Shimmer and Flash Sentry.
  • The characters design was rather awkward looking. 
  • Much of the MLP community made it sound like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The Things I Liked

• The references.
  • The animation was smooth.
  • Some of the Music.

Overall, it was not a very strong movie. MLP:FiM could of probably had a much stronger movie, and deserved a much better one. Furthermore, if I showed this to anyone who wasn't a Brony it would be seen as fairly bad movie. That being said I did find myself that I was enjoying the movie.

Edited by Nomadic
  • Brohoof 2

I enjoyed it. I could nitpick it, and post all of the things about it that I didn't like, but I won't. I'll just enjoy it for what it is. It was better than I expected, so that's good. I loved some of the little things they did in it though. like;

• The Cutie Mark Crusaders on the computer listening to their song
  • Twilight and Fluttershy meeting for the first time
  • Derpy in the credits

I loved Equestria Girls. I despise the fact, though, that bronies used to to be loving and accepting of everything. Now I hear bronies hating on the movie, saying it was horrible, or "THE WORSHT MOVEE I'VE EVAR SHHEEEEN!!!!" Come on, guys, this movie tried suething it could to succeed, and for the most part it did!!!! I loved the animation in this, and loved the way they tweaked the ponies to look human, yet, very much, their own character. The music was pretty good, especially "Helping Twilight win the Crown. I thought the love interest, boyfriend thing could've been worked on better, but I found it new and enjoyable to see how Twilight would react to a love interest!!!! (plus, we got dancing human Derpy at the end, so BUCK YEEEAH)Anyways, I loved Equestria Girls!!!! And I hope to see others share my opinion!!!! /) :-D

• Brohoof 3

I liked it, It did have flaws but what movie doesn't? The progression of characters was massively hushed, and the trust between the friends was a bit....I can't think of a good word to describe it. But I did find myself enjoying the movie :D

Liked

• The human designs (not including Luna and Celestia)
  • The story was pretty great
  • The music (especially fix it up, Equestria Girls, and the closing song)
  • The animation
  • The references
  • The humor
  • The demon Sunset Shimmer design
  • Sunset Shimmer
  • The "romance"
  • The cliche moments (if your going to make a movie in a highschool your going to have at least some cliche moments)
  • It's not the human world.  It's a dimension where everypony has a "human-esqu" form.  

I disliked

• The rushed ending
  • Snips and Snails

I usually don't dislike much about movies.  (unless it's grown-ups 2 or something)  I think even though it did have problems, it still is a pretty good film.

• Brohoof 1

I loved Equastia Girls:

Liked:

·       The plot

·       The characters

·       The dialogue

·       The references

·       The song’s

·       The animation

Disliked:

·       The romance

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

Like:

• The Songs
  • The Dialogue
  • The Characters
  • The Romance
  • The Animation

Dislike:

• The huge amount of plot holes
  • A rushed pace
  • The rushed plot
  • Snips and Snails
  • The villain

Well, to be fair i'm really not that hard to please.

That i think it was a good movie, it felt like a pretty good episode except longer.

And its mlp and stuff, so yeah :D.

It was just idk, i liked it. There was lots of little shoutouts to the fandom and the show and funny humor about Twilight being a human. Not to mention "Helping Twilight win the crown" IS SO FREAKING CATCHY... RAWGh. :P.

And yeah, other then that i thought it was well done, i mean sure its not the best movie ever, or even the best MLP thing ever, but it was good in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I dislike it because the very idea is racked with idiocy. Ponies as humans in High School is a fucking fanfiction, why is this an official movie? Who did they think wanted this? Certainly wasn't me.

The plot only works because everyone else in this story is an idiot. Example: Did no one in the Mane 5 ever think to actually confront each other about the text messages? The animation is beyond blocky because of the stupid, stupid, character designs. Everyone wears skirts and boots, neither of which are ever taken off which just proves that this is all toy centric, on a much larger scale than the real show. There is no reason for the "humans" to be colored just like the ponies, that only adds to the uncanny valley running rampant.

The Villain was terrible and her "redemption" was so fucking cheesy and convenient that I'm convinced she was lying.

The entire world revolves around that school apparently, because little to no ground is covered outside of it. Flash Sentry/Brad is a terrible character without any flaws, and even if he had flaws he'd still just be boring as shit, and an even worse love interest. Why does Twilight suddenly even need a love interest? She has never shown attraction to anyone before this point.

Why are Snips and Snails secondary antagonist? They've never been malicious before, just stupid.

Cliches everywhere.

This is just a horrible movie, an onscreen abortion and I can only pray that Season 4 knocks it out of the park to make up for this.

The only thing I liked were the Transformers sound effect and SS's maniacal laughter face and I guess the fact that they said "die" for once.

• Brohoof 1

I actually didn't mind the movie at all. Was it the best MLP related thing I've ever seen? Definitely not. But I really enjoyed it. It's a nice movie to see once in a while, but not over and over again. 

Now to start listing!

- Character design (I actually got used to seeing the human versions and felt strange to see them as ponies again at the end!)

- Music (come on, I can't be the only person who thought "Helping Twilight Sparkle Win the Crown" was super catchy!) 

- The dialogue

- THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

- Background ponies/humans

On the fence:

- Romance (Twilight's got a lot on her plate now being a new princess...it could be overwhelming to have a love interest too...although it could make for some good lessons in future episodes about balancing out important things in your life like love, friends, and work)

Dislikes:

- Plot holes

- Rushed ending

Also.... Sunset sime prefer to live in a world of humans instead of a land full of magic and were everypony are really nice with other ones. WHY?!?!?!

This confused me too anyone would love to live in a place with magic and mystical creatures in it and not live in the human world with war and murder and stuff I don't know what her problem was.

As a movie is actually pretty bad and I expected more form the team that is wrote FiM. Let me just say I don't watch MLP for high school I watch it to get away from the real world problems.

Okay I'm getting off topic hers a list it's a long one so sorry.

cons:

-Not much time was spent in the pony world

-Plot was boring a predictable and I felt like I've seen this movie a few times just with different names.

-Some of the characters were OOC Snips and Snails were really OOC and Twilight at times.

-The look of the characters are really how should I put this...I can't really put it into words I guess I just I should just say that I'd take the ponies over them anytime.  Just look at Luna, Celestia, and Granny Smith.

-The animation was great...for the pony world but the human animation was pretty average they looked  stiff but I do have to give them credit dog(I still can't believe they did that) Spike's animation was good.

-The movie was missing the spirit of the show. Something was missing when I watched and I could put my finger on it until I watched MLP again and I could tell that the same amount of love from the writer just wasn't there for this movie like it is in the show. If that makes since.

- The "romance" I thought I was watching the 1st half of Freaky Friday only in that movie the LI had a personality and some background in this he was just there to be there.

-The pacing was really bad.

-The villain ... *sigh*

-The fandom made it seem like the movie was great but overall they just raised my hopes just for the movie to dash them away

- But the ultimate con is that Snips and Snails got more screen time than Rainbow Dash SERIOUSLY WTF! She one of the main 6 why would you do that?

I agree with this video

pros:

-Nice nods to the fandom though a little extreme and really added nothing but it made me want to watch FiM instead so yeah kind of a pro.

-Not much focus on Brad (which makes me wonder why they added him in)

-Trixie was in it and had the best line in the whole movie

-Help Twilgiht win the crown was good (but it dosen't come close to Winter Wrap Up, Smile, A True True Friend, and the Apple Family song that's going to be in Season 4) But it was better then the Flim Flam Brother song man I hate that song.

-The mane 6 were in character for the most part

-It's non-canon

-There were ponies in it for a little bit

FiM broke down the wall of what a girls show us by giving us memorable realistic characters and thrilling adventures instead of tea parties and sleepovers(yeah we had Look Before you Sleep but their was a twist to the it that made it memorable). So when I found out that this movie was going to be in high school I was interested to see what the writers could do with this given the track record.

Unfortunately instead of a interesting spin on an old formula they stuck too close to the formula and shoved in fandom shot-out to cover up the mess of the overall plot. It's like putting a painting over a hole in the wall, yeah it looks nice but the hole is still there. I'm not giving this movie a break just because it has MLP slapped onto the title.

Sorry about that I went on a tangent I have a lot of problems with this movie. I was expecting too much maybe just coming off of MMC (which was awesome) set my expectations too high.

That's my opinion, time to sit back and have people tell me that I'm wrong.

• Brohoof 2

I really enjoyed the movie, I feel the plot holes weren' bad enough to warrent any big complaints. 

I loved the dj pon3 reference the most I think, that or the song help  twilight song,  and pinkiepie.
She made the movie AMAZING.

I loved Equastia Girls:

Liked:

·       The plot

·       The characters

·       The dialogue

·       The references

·       The song’s

·       The animation

Disliked:

·       The romance

I didn't mind the romance that much. It was dumb and cheese but it still kinda changed the show up a little with that, it also made me want to rewatch the hearts and hooves episode again.

• Brohoof 1

I really like the movie because it was funny, it had Derpy and it was a good watch.

But the battle against Sunset Shimmer was too rushed, Sunset Shimmer turned into a cool looking demon and there should have been more of a fight with her in this form. Also army of teens? Really? Worst evil plan EVER! Those are the only thing in the movie that bugged me.

Edited by Pinkie4eeeever
  • Brohoof 1