Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

School Supplies, What's your opinion? and more

ZenPowerBuilder

Today me and my mom went shopping for school supplies since school starts tomorrow :( .

First I seen these folders.

post-8590-0-59731100-1375831784_thumb.jpg

post-8590-0-68496000-1375831800_thumb.jpg

Also I came across a backpack with Rarity, Twilight and Rainbow Dash that said "Friendship is Magic."

Lastly while it isn't school related, I figured it was worth mentioning.  Equestria Girls was released today on DVD

post-8590-0-28534600-1375831812_thumb.jpg 

So now I ask to those returning to school soon will you be using any of these items? If so what and why? Have something School related not here post it to share with others!  

I myself will not be using any pony related supplies mainly because i'm afraid to ask parents and use it at school.

post-8590-0-59731100-1375831784_thumb.jpg

post-8590-0-68496000-1375831800_thumb.jpg

post-8590-0-28534600-1375831812_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 5

I would go with something more professional. Nothing says "I'm not ready to learn" than licensed school supplies. Doesn't matter if its ponies, spider-man, or scooby-doo

Quite honestly, nope. While I'm in college and I honestly could carry around as much pony stuff as I please, I would like to keep a certain professional demeanor with my professors and lesser-known peers. The only pony-related item I might use is my Derpy USB stick to carry around my programming projects.

Although in retrospect... that might not be a good idea considering Derpy's track record...

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely getting anything pony-related that I see. But I guess I don't mind using it or asking my parents for it since I'm a girl. I also think it's a good way to find other brony friends at school. :3

I just got some basic stuff for my lasses. All I really need is a pen paper and notebook. Of course I bought enough paper to last the rest of my academic record. 

I myself will not be using any pony related supplies mainly because i'm afraid to ask parents and use it at school.

You're not alone there. I'm a bit afraid to buy any pony related  school supplies for obvious reasons. The last place I want to bring my pony loving personality is the classrooms.

I'll probably getting something pony related to bring to school. But, if only I could bring my Pokemon games to school. That would just be so much fun.

• Brohoof 1

Who uses folders these days? I always just stuffed shit in my backpack. Sure, papers were always crumpled when (if) I found them, but pulling a folder out and opening it every time is too much effort.

Anyways, if you're okay with letting other people know you're into MLP then I don't really see the problem.

• Brohoof 1

I've got all of those (except for the DVD but I never said I wanted it, better stop before this becomes an anti-EG post) I plan to use the notebooks all year long. I'm also using a RD backpack thing for my gym clothes. I stopped caring what others think about me most of the people I see I'll never see again and the people that I will see again already know I like MLP. I don't really have an opinion on them. If you want to use them then use them if not then don't.

I'm going to college, so I don't know if I'll bring anything pony related.

But if I do, I'll choose something subtle or not too noticeable like a folder or something.

As for the DVD you have there, I plan to buy it secretly soon...

I'm going to college, so I don't know if I'll bring anything pony related.

But if I do, I'll choose something subtle or not too noticeable like a folder or something.

As for the DVD you have there, I plan to buy it secretly soon...

LOL I bought a pony messenger bag for my laps top. I will probably take off the buttons when I do. Hopefully I don't get much flac for it.

• Brohoof 1

I don't even use folders anyway. Just stuff papers in my backpack without a care in the world. That's how I roll. Maybe I'll buy a pony tablet though, just because I can. I'm already a professional sort of person anyways, so I don't see how owning a pony tablet will tarnish that image.

Edited by SmartyPants
  • Brohoof 1

I got a few things and I really want to find a pencil pouch with MLP! I bought 4 folders with MLP based things that are so adorable. So cute in fact. I couldn't buy any notebooks that are MLP related since I found none or the binders, I will, however, I will color ON my binders.

However, I will say this:

I usually get TOO much shit and I realize:Holy crap, I'm stupid. I have two bags...

(One bag for gym, another for reg)

I will say HOW sad I am that we can't know what to get.

Edited by Scootadress

I'll probably buy some stuff just for the sake of having it, but I most likely wouldn't use any of it for my classes. I tend to be pretty minimalistic about what I carry with me at school, usually only consisting of my laptop, some pens, a few spiral notepads and textbooks (should I be compelled to bring them to class).

I'll probably buy some stuff just for the sake of having it, but I most likely wouldn't use any of it for my classes. I tend to be pretty minimalistic about what I carry with me at school, usually only consisting of my laptop, some pens, a few spiral notepads and textbooks (should I be compelled to bring them to class).

Exact opposite but I shouldn't be doing such ^^" I carry multiple things in one bag and almost always break my bag. That's also half the reason why my back is screwy. I shouldn't be forced to carry around textbooks because I can't go to my locker,not even at LUNCH. That's one reason I hate my new schedule: I have back problems and my locker is going to be in the bottom area of of school...yeah, my back will hate...me forever. Of course, pre change.

• Brohoof 1

a couple days ago I bought two pony folders twilight sparkle and a group one. But I think I'll probably just use them for at home since I'm not attending school. (graduated last year)  Earlier I had bought some other pony stationary stuff as well.

Edited by Lady Leopardess

Oh gosh- I just went today to try and get some merch- seems like all the local bronies and smaller girls already picked through the MLP notebooks! ;; Sad because I missed out on the Rainbow Dash and group/Rarity notebooks!

Haha ;; I'm a sucker for cute school supplies- I'll be so sad if our other surrounding Walmarts fail to carry them.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh, I'm 23, in uni, about to start my thesis and I really want an MLP folder to keep my papers in, sadly can't get any with G4 chars at the moment (frickin Monster High and Angry Birds everywhere, but no ponies).

But well, my hair is blue at the moment, one of my uni friends always has some Hello Kitty accesories with her and the other one wears a Cthulhu beanie on regular basis, I'm not a known giver of F-words regarding being adult!

• 11 months later...

I'm sure if my college still used alot of the physical materials like that I would, but with most classes either forcing you outright, or encouraging electronic notes and reports, I don't use physical supplies that often.