Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

so Trixie was originaly a male

Mywas

I know this is old news but since Faust said She wanted to make Trixie a male but Hasbro made her change it.

How would you feel if Trixie was a male, would you have liked him more or hated him more or vice vesra.

I dont think her personality would have change that much, seeing how tomboyish Trixie acts.

• Brohoof 1

I would still like Trixie if Hasbro did not tell Lauren to change it, because Trixie would have been a really great male antagonist just like how she is still an amazing antagonist.

• Brohoof 5

I reckon a male Trixie would still be a great and memorable antagonist, however I don't know that he'd be as enduring as our current Trixie is. He'd probably end up as a Flim & Flam-tier villain and I don't reckon he'd gain such a memetic status as mare Trixie has.

For my part, male Trixie wouldn't be as cute to me as female Trixie is, and though I'd probably still love the character (I love me some villains), female Trixie with her voice, mannerisms, and cute design makes her one of my favourite overall ponies.

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 2

I don't think I would've liked it too much. Aside from Big Macintosh, it would be one of the first male ponies to have had a speaking role or an episode, and it would've started the idea that male ponies are somehow villainous based on the first impressions we'd have got from them from Trixie. Must be why Hasbro changed it anyway.

I'm still not a fan of Trixie, but I definitely prefer the fact that she was female :)

The only aspect I can see that would really be affected by a gender change in Trixie would possibly be Snips and Snails; I don't think they would be so eager to do Trixie's bidding if she were a male. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well this the first time I have heard about this.

As for me I think I would like Trixie a little more if she was a guy. Not sure why, but it just sounds better to me. Even the aspect of the whole episode would change. Maybe more of the whole guys are better thing. Not a great idea, but still could work.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Really? I never knew this...interesting. Anyways, I think seeing Trixie as a guy instead would just be weird. If Trixie was a dude I can see her...I mean him having James' voice (Pokémon) for some reason...I don't know. Also, I'd totally ship MaleTrixie and Twilight. Anyways, I enjoy Trixie for what she is so I guess I'm happy in a way she was changed to a girl.

Would be equally cool... but i guess i like Trixie more this way. Male Trixie would sound like a real pig... and would in extreme cases send anti-phalic messages. Honestly... never have MALE antagonists. Male villains yes... antagonists? In Mlp where everyone is a girl? Naaaaaaah... would make an awesome Trixie/Twilight ship though... very sexy ship it would be indeed.

I'd be shipping the hell outta him... :comeatus: 

I'm not kidding.

Any who, he would be an awesome antagonist...I can just picture it now :3

img-1818416-1-tumblr_mctxl0cvXH1rk91oro1

Ooooh yeaaaah.  B)

Yeah, that one is major shipping material. Maybe *too* much so, to the point that Hasbro may have been a prescient in kaboshing it. B)

Tricks was already a male a really long time ago, and I have proof right here!

(This is a clip from Yu Yu Hakusho. The first time I saw Tricks, I immediately thought of him.)

Edited by DashForever

I'd be shipping the hell outta him... :comeatus: 

I'm not kidding.

Any who, he would be an awesome antagonist...I can just picture it now :3

img-1818416-1-tumblr_mctxl0cvXH1rk91oro1

Ooooh yeaaaah.  B)

i'd got to admit that is one sexy male trixe <33  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  i can just see it now O-O c;  no but really the horse is hella sexy and if he were real i would lock him in my room

Interesting... I can see Trixie's personality fitting a male character very well. I can also vividly visualize said pony wearing a very large top hat and one of those thin curly moustaches.

Edited by Celtore

Only huge difference I can think of would be that the fandom might take it as an open invitation to ship the heck out of him even more than they already do.

One of the things I like about Trixie is her voice though, so I'm fine with her being a mare. Hm. Wonder if her popularity on EQD would've boomed if she was a guy :huh:?

I think the TrixiexTwilight shippers wouldn't have a problem with that 

Heh heh heh... :wub:

But in all seriousness, I hardly think gender would effect the Great and Powerful Trixie. I guess she would just be...the Great and Powerful...Travis? Iunno.  :huh:

I think that would've been pretty cool. There's a sore lack of fleshed out and involved male ponies, good guy or otherwise.

Kinda hoping season 4 gets some more colt/stallion presence on screen and in the stories.