Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About the Season 4 "Power Ponies"...

Dsanders

After seeing that exclusive season 4 clip from Comic Con, a number of things came to mind. One of them, was how amazing this is going to end up being as an episode! Another was how unique the overall setting appeared.

The writer's seem to be making this seem more like a Powerpuff Girls parody than an MLP episode as far as the general setting and atmosphere goes. 

It's certainly something new and unlike anything the writer's have ever done before. 

I really enjoyed watching the clip though and I look forward to seeing the episode in the upcoming season later on this year. :)

In case some of you guys haven't seen it yet, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppwXVUYgs4

So what are your thoughts on this? Also, why do you think the setting is so drastically different here?

They're obviously not in Ponyville anymore, and all the architecture and technology seems at least a century or two ahead of their time. 

I'm going to guess it's all just in Spike's strange dream. :P But nonetheless, I'd love to hear your overall thoughts and opinion on this.

Also, enjoy this colorful and artistic depiction of the "Power Ponies". ;)

mlp_season_4_spoilers__power_ponies_by_t

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 6

My thoughts on the Power Ponies are, it is a pretty creative way to look into Spike's mind and watch our favorite six ponies dressed up as super heroines who fight crime. This actually looks pretty funny, and I can't wait to see more. :)

• Brohoof 4

After seeing that exclusive season 4 clip from Comic Con, a number of things came to mind. One of them, was how amazing this is going to end up being as an episode! Another was how unique the overall setting appeared.

The writer's seem to be making this seem more like a Powerpuff Girls parody than an MLP episode as far as the general setting and atmosphere goes. 

It's certainly something new and unlike anything the writer's have ever done before. 

I really enjoyed watching the clip though and I look forward to seeing the episode in the upcoming season later on this year. :)

In case some of you guys haven't seen it yet, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zppwXVUYgs4

So what are your thoughts on this? Also, why do you think the setting is so drastically different here?

They're obviously not in Ponyville anymore, and all the architecture and technology seems at least a millennium ahead of their time. 

I'm going to guess it's all just in Spike's strange dream. :P But nonetheless, I'd love to hear your overall thoughts and opinion on this.

Also, enjoy this colorful and artistic depiction of the "Power Ponies". ;)

mlp_season_4_spoilers__power_ponies_by_t

I'm suuuuper looking forward to this. I really hope this isn't one of those "all in a dream" episodes. That'd be pretty lame. 

Not that I could offer up a much better excuse as to why our favorite heroines are dressed up as Power Ponies but I'm sure the writers are competent enough to do something better, so I hope they do.

• Brohoof 3

I think it's some kind of interdimensional-dream-transfer-spell-thingy gone wrong thing in the end, after Spike read a comic. And I think it will be an overall reference to super heroes. Like MMDW. Just with more heroes, more action, and less negative critic afterwards.

And I like to imagine them to be closer to the Power Rangers than to the Powerpuff Girls then. Don't get me wrong, I like the Powerpuff Girls, but it just has a nice ring to it...

Go, go, Power-Ponies!

You mighty, magic Power-Ponies!

• Brohoof 1

I personally think this will be awesome.

I already saw someone on Facebook say that the episode is going to suck...when they haven't even seen it yet.

I'm going to keep a positive mind here and hope the episode will be as epic as I think.

I think it's just a fun little episode for laughs..kind of like how Games Ponies Play was supposed to be. 

• Brohoof 1

It look great and its a great parody to make as both shows are very similar :).

Hopefully this will turn out much better the the mysterious mare do well episode (I mean I liked it but so many didn't)! 

I really look forward to this, but I hope it will be a one-time thing. It would really be weird if the Mane Six gets a permanent job as the Power Ponies. I really hope it's a one time event.

• Brohoof 1

I really hope this isn't one of those "all in a dream" episodes

My guess is that this is actually a segment in that Nightmare Moon story. Like, they're traveling through the realm of dreams to get to Luna and stop her nightmares from possessing her once more. This would involve a short journey through each of their dreams, with this one being Spike's.

• Brohoof 4

My guess is that this is actually a segment in that Nightmare Moon story. Like, they're traveling through the realm of dreams to get to Luna and stop her nightmares from possessing her once more. This would involve a short journey through each of their dreams, with this one being Spike's.

That seems pretty reasonable, actually  -_- .  So if that's just one dream, then, I wonder what the others will be, haha!  That could possibly be a way to explore the characters a bit more, too!  Although we have already seen most of their fears before...

• Brohoof 2

I can't wait to see what the animation will actually look like when completed.  I hope they go all out with some nice lighting effects, and a stylized look.  I really hope it is in Spike's head, as it wouldn't make very much sense if it wasn't.  

• Brohoof 2

I am definitely excited for this episode. *incoming essay!*

Citrus Kings idea is interesting, but boring ol' logical me has to refute this idea, sorry. As has been pointed out by others (not in this specific thread), the animatics have numbers in the bottom right. The farthest left number begins with 4 and 0 followed by another number. It has been speculated that these are the episode numbers, which make sense to me, as 4 could refer to season 4. This animatic is 406, while the others were 405, 409, and 401. So if this is correct, then this episode is episode 6 of season 4 and therefore couldn't have anything to do with the Nightmare Moon story as suggested by Citrus King because that animatic was labeled 401. If this theory is proven incorrect, then anything goes. Now that I have got that out of the way, let me start speculating on this episode.

From the way that Spike reacts to the mane 6, I'm wondering if perhaps there is a comic, or story of sorts called the Power Ponies. From what I have seen in this animatic, it looks like a mish mash parody of various popular hero's. The mane 6 are various super heroin's called the Power Ponies. Power Ponies could be a play on Power Rangers. There were six rangers when the green ranger was introduced, and there are six ponies. Of course it could also be a reference to the Powerpuff Girls. Then of course Maretropolis, which is obviously a pun for Metropolis. Lastly there is the villain, which looks to be a pony version of Sedusa from the Powerpuff Girls.

tumblr_medhi3Lz7n1qczbido1_500.gif

If you made it this far, there's still more to read. There are a few possibilities as to why this is happening. Most likely it's Spike's dream, but each of the mane 6 have their own reactions to their costumes and names. Perhaps somehow they entered Spikes dream. Maybe Luna is having a bit of fun with their dreams. Perhaps Twilight is practicing a new spell. If a dream, then as others have suggested, Spike must of been reading a comic (possibly called Power Ponies) before bed. But wouldn't explain the mane 6's realistic reactions to the situation, their costumes and their hero names. Plus Spike's reaction as well. Maybe Twilight casts a spell trapping them in Spike's dream. I think it would be funny though if Luna was having a bit of fun. But who knows. I just can't wait for this episode, or season 4 for that matter.

• Brohoof 1

I have a feeling it'll be some kinda spell that projects a dream of someone or something, or else just turns everyone into super heroes and transports them into an alternate realm.

Definitely not in ponyville, or equestria though.

Looks like a cool episode.

• Brohoof 1

While I never watched any Power Rangers stuff when I was a kid, and the villain's voice makes me cringe every time, I can't say I'm NOT looking forward to this episode! It seems like a really funny idea, and I'm sure it will prove to be a wonderful, fun episode!

Also, I must say, I think it's Discord playing a trick on the ponies and Spike, and at the end of the episode they'll come shooting out of the comic book and he'll have been reading it the whole time.

Wishful thinking?

Probably.

Will I stop hoping?

Never.

:muffins:

• Brohoof 1

That sounds like a fan fic honestly XD.

Anyway as interesting as that seems I doubt this episode has any bearing with the NMM arch. It just seems to unlikely for me. Though it could be possible.

The Power Ponies is most likely Spike making a sort of comic for some reason. He can't come up with any ideas do he asks Twilight to help him out magically. She does and they get teleported into the comic.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty excited for this! I'm so curious to see how the writers have the ponies solve crimes with powers (hopefully) instead of magic and friendship. I'm sure some of that will be involved but in a super hero setting, that's not the only thing needed to flourish in the fight against crime. 

It'll also be interesting seeing how this will affect/inspire the community (because you and I both know that it will).

• Brohoof 1

I really have no idea what this episode is going to end up being in the end, but I am certainly excited to find out. I'm sure it'll end up being a fun diversion from the rest of the usual series though. :)

Edited by SBB64

It's hard for me to hear what is going on.  The only dialog I can hear, over the loud music is a few lines or bits of lines.  It may be Spike and the main 6 were teleported into a comic he is reading maybe. 

The only lines I can make out are:

Spike: "is this ????" can't make out the rest. 

Applejack: "Some pony want to tell me what the hay is going?"

can't make any of the dialog out. 

Spike: "you're the power ponies."

Villain looking type: "Power Ponies ...."  the rest of her dialog I can't make out. 

It may be similar what happened in an episode of the 13 ghosts of scooby doo where he and his friends were sucked into sunday newspaper comics by that episode's bad buy.

When I first saw the Power Ponies, I did not think of any reason why it would be something, I just instantly felt that it would be in Spike's mind. How? Don't ask me, I can't control my precognitive bursts.

Dat Pinkie sense be tinglin'.

And, y'know, the beginning of the teaser pretty much set up the stage for that setting, too :P the way Spike woke up etc etc