Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how many seasons do you want?

FNGRpony

I'd love the show to go on forever, but I know that is pretty much impossible.

If that happened, the writers would run out of ideas and the show would just get terrible.

As many seasons as it takes to get a Rarilight and a Raripie episode. Rarity and Twilight are the only species pairs we haven't seen. I get Twilight is no longer a unicorn, but you know what I mean! I also think a Raripie episode would be hilarious. 

Honestly, I would like to see no end in MLP. However, that would put so much pressure on the writers for they would eventually run out of ideas. 

And as seen in many shows, "You either die a good show, or live long enough to be a bad one". Perhaps, once the show itself ends, the fandom would carry on to produce more and more content to keep the spirit of the show alive. 

7 at the maximum. Going beyond there would be risky so it's best to call it quits before things go downhill.

There is probably a limit after which it becomes risky. However, 7 seems too pessimistic to me!

If G4 does end earlier, i would not mind.....as long as the mane 6 appear again in G6.

Hopefully 6 or 7 seasons, past that would be a bit too much. I've already passed the peak of my interest, and I'm starting to become less attached to the show, albeit very slowly. But as long as the show maintains it's quality, I'm going to still watch it. There's nothing I'd hate more than to see the show go down in flames.

Well... I personally want the show to last 7 or 8 seasons. I feel 8 Season's will be a very healthy and prosperous run for the show considering that the quality doesn't degrade. 

But looking at thing's logically there is a good chance that season 6 may be the end. Think about this Season 6 starts airing in fall of 2016. Season 6 finishes spring 2017 and then they end with the movie.

Also this isn't really valid but I still want to point it out. Lauren Faust is not working on the show anymore BUT she DID originally create FiM and if we look at the other well known shows Lauren has worked on. 

Powerpuff Girls (ran for 6 seasons) 

Fosters Home For Imginary Friends (ran for 6 seasons)

Make of that what you will.

I REALLY want to see a season 7 or 8 but I don't know. Things look kind of, not in that favor.    

• Brohoof 1

I think 6 is a fair number, but I'm not opposed to a 7th, but if there's an 8th its got to be a sprawling epic with political upheaval, ruthless villains and beaten and battered heroes with the fate of Equestria for generations to come hanging in the balance. 

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 1

As much as I love MLP, I think it's best if the series ends after the 2017 movie, with Equestria Girls ending (possibly with an emotional as hell graduation scene to close the movie with) a few years afterwards. The idea of a show being milked isn't really that good an idea, at least unless your show staff is still passionate about it, and you still have fresh ideas for plots, characters and such to keep the show relevant, then you gotta consider that fans of a show will usually get bored of it at some point, which obviously causes ratings to drop.

• Brohoof 4

I would say 8 or 9 seasons. But of course, If Hasbro and their writers has more ideas they can problably go on forever. There will never be too much my little pony for me.

• Brohoof 1

Well MMC would've made a pretty good finale in fact after it aired I thought it was the finale. Shining and Cadence will more than likely have their foal/s (I'm betting on foals because that just milks more money outta disgruntled parents of both 9 year old girls and 16-17 year old teen girls and boys,after around 19 you probably should just buy your own Twilight plushies though) Twilight and Pinkie will more than likely bounce off the walls with excitement when it happens (I used to be a really big RainbowPie fan but this season and the last has made me really ship Twinkie and Raridash) the Foal/s will be totes adorbs,and little kids and some awkward teen/adult boys/men will flock to ToysRus and Target in hoards to get plushies of Shining and Candy's adorable wittle pony baybehs.  After the 2017 movie comes out Hasbro will probably reboot. More than half  the fandom (more than likely a majority of the dude bros that anti bronies sterotype all bronies as) will probably leave just because it isn't Twi's story anymore but I have grown to have a soft spot for G3 (before the core seven partial reboot) so if the reboot is  good I'll probably stay for that gen.

Edited by CookieK

As Community says, "Six seasons and a movie". That's where the show seems primed to go and I'm fine with that. There is only so much more mileage MLP:FiM can get before it becomes stale in any form and I hope it stops at the right time to preserve its quality. There is always the possibility of rebooting into a new series or continuing as shorts and specials if it is necessary to get more out of these characters, but it's far better for FiM to have a finite end date set in advance so it has time to plan and build up to a satisfying finale rather than being cut off too early or too late. The 2017 movie seems like a fair point to end it; a film makes the grandest stage for a finale and 7 years is definitely a healthy run for an animated series in this day and age.

• Brohoof 1

As long as it remains well written. But in reality I would like for Hasbro to use the "windows in to the universe" concept, like the various incarnations of Star Trek. They have done an ok job showing us many other areas of Equestria and introduced us to many interesting characters outside of Ponyville, so there could be a potential for stories revolving around different concepts in the same world. It would make sense for Hasbro to do something like this: A familiar world for easy marketing, with characters that can be made using their toy-line templates for more toys for them to sell.

If this was the case, I would LOVE to see another series centered around Moondancer!

I THINK it'll be 6 seasons, ending with the movie.

But I'd WANT 8 seasons.

Season 6 to cover the map more and have them go around equestria, show us the world and explain more about the map without the cutie mark focus of this season.

Season 7 to talk about what happened to the alicorns and the past of equestria.
Season 8 to finally wrap everything up and push towards a huge, grand finale with all lose ends and possible plots (like dealing with spike and his future and his status as a dragon in a pony land) finished.

I honestly hope season 6 is the last. The show has been running for a while, and while it's still going strong, it'll get stale eventually