Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how many seasons do you want?

FNGRpony

Yeah, actually they should end it early just to spark more demand for newer episodes. It's like a marketing strategy. There were was once a series that was really good that I think a good majority of people think it ended way too early. Ex: Invader Zim Yu yu Hakusho etc.

Oh thought it might be a family guy thing.

End it, drive up the demand, bring it back.

Ending it early might drive people to put up with philley.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

sometimes i see it when i close my eyes and i want to cry.

Oh thought it might be a family guy thing.

End it, drive up the demand, bring it back.

Ending it early might drive people to put up with philley.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

sometimes i see it when i close my eyes and i want to cry.

Exactly

Especially since Hasbro is a marketing company I think it would not be surprising if they did that. They could do the same thing Fox did to Family Guy and even though Family Guy isn't nearly as good as it once was.

To be honest. with the amount of musicans, artist and animators in the fan base. Even if they did end it. People would just make there own G4 content.... if they wanted to....

7+, honestly, if I would decide, I'd have a LOT of seasons, like, Star Trek amount or something. It's just so good, it can never become bad. Stargate SG-1 managed to stay good through 10 seasons and a few movies, so why can't MLP do the same? It's easy as pie, you can do it MLP!

• Brohoof 1

To be honest. with the amount of musicans, artist and animators in the fan base. Even if they did end it. People would just make there own G4 content.... if they wanted to....

Yeah at this point, the brony community can self sustain itself but only for so long after the Canon ending is over with. After a certain point people get bored with no new content to go off of.

Exactly

Especially since Hasbro is a marketing company I think it would not be surprising if they did that. They could do the same thing Fox did to Family Guy and even though Family Guy isn't nearly as good as it once was.

....I think that's selective memory talking LOL.  I agree with movie bob that stewie griffin use to be a one note character, and alot of the cast developed in the series later on.

and Fox canceling family guy wasn't some master plan.

it's foxes go to move with shows was.

"wait your on sunday and not names the Simpson, oh baby your getting canceled!"  the joke is even on family guy i think at the start of the third season.

I don't know how many seasons I would like I just know that I would like a lot :D I mean as long as the quality stays good then they can keep going, at least for a while yet.

Yeah and it doesn't end up like how Spongebob did after its first movie. Thankfully season 4 looks pretty promising but beyond it is unknown which is why is rather keep our seasons short.

• Brohoof 1

1306559090154.jpg

Yup.....

Seriously though, that's not going to happen, so what ever happens with the series.  In my eyes, as long as it has a good solid ultimate crap your pants awesome sauce finale, I don't care how long it lasts. :)

Edited by Treble Bolt

Here's where the problem comes in. The topic is 'want', but the original post says 'need'. They're two completely different things, and the inability to separate them is the reason why people look down on the 'entitled fan'. Believing that you need something simply because you want it is the definition of 'entitlement'.

I want the series to go on until the staff can no longer support it. I need nothing from them.

Here's where the problem comes in. The topic is 'want', but the original post says 'need'. They're two completely different things, and the inability to separate them is the reason why people look down on the 'entitled fan'. Believing that you need something simply because you want it is the definition of 'entitlement'.

I want the series to go on until the staff can no longer support it. I need nothing from them.

I agree, want is a term that's associated with the fandom. As they say too much of a good thing is bad for you so I have to say that everyone here is kind of wrong.

The staff will ultimately decide when it's time to stop. Hopefully they know when the show hasc died and leave it alone for the fans to expand upon.

I agree, want is a term that's associated with the fandom. As they say too much of a good thing is bad for you so I have to say that everyone here is kind of wrong.

The staff will ultimately decide when it's time to stop. Hopefully they know when the show hasc died and leave it alone for the fans to expand upon.

Of course there is also the question of whether the staff will have the *option* of stopping when they feel they can't continue, given that they are employees. So DHX management and the Hasbro contract/license agreements step in making this a lot more confusing than it would be in an ideal world.

Plus, there are ways to continue without continuing as it were. Such as the spin-off or the timeframe-advance, when you deal with a different set of characters in a different part/time of the setting so that you can have all new stories to tell while remaining in the same 'continuity'. Like the various Star Trek TV shows. Not a guaranteed success, and not a likely scenario given Hasbro's track record for this franchise, but a possibility.

img-1952170-1-1306559090154.jpg

Yup.....

Seriously though, that's not going to happen, so what ever happens with the series.  In my eyes, as long as it has a good solid ultimate crap your pants awesome sauce finale, I don't care how long it lasts. smile.png

Now while i criticize pinkie, it's horribly un fair to ever expect me to ever begin to argue with her.

I mean i said need 6.

As in as a low ball from has bro i would make due with 6 seasons total.  you know what would be better than 6?  12.  Problem?

Do i wanna be watching mlp for 12 bucking  years?

12 years of me saying "best show ever."

I mean if we got a season every 6 months i could say 12.

Of course there is also the question of whether the staff will have the *option* of stopping when they feel they can't continue, given that they are employees. So DHX management and the Hasbro contract/license agreements step in making this a lot more confusing than it would be in an ideal world.

Plus, there are ways to continue without continuing as it were. Such as the spin-off or the timeframe-advance, when you deal with a different set of characters in a different part/time of the setting so that you can have all new stories to tell while remaining in the same 'continuity'. Like the various Star Trek TV shows. Not a guaranteed success, and not a likely scenario given Hasbro's track record for this franchise, but a possibility.

That's why I'm a bit concerned for MLP's future. Hasbro and DHX and pretty much any studio has a thing for driving things into the ground. Though they might change thier minds once they realize it's over.

A spin off is the perfect way to continue something without the main characters that we're use too. A good time skip would be pretty good for a spin off and bring in a different world within Equestria.

How many do I want? Maybe six.

You know, 6 main characters.

6 Elements of Harmony.

6 Seasons.

a461f79f56b9a2d13425effef3b1fe3c.png

Mwahaha.

Wait, no... that doesn't sound right.

As much as I am inclined to say ?, I say I want just as much as needed. In other words, until the staff deem it necessary that the show can no longer continue. So far I think they're doing a fine job, and the show is still very interesting for me. So as long as they continue to keep the show interesting, however they choose to do it. Whether it be by introducing new plot devices, existing-character traits, new characters, new conflicts, etc. then I'm on board. ^.^

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

That's why I'm a bit concerned for MLP's future. Hasbro and DHX and pretty much any studio has a thing for driving things into the ground. Though they might change thier minds once they realize it's over.

A spin off is the perfect way to continue something without the main characters that we're use too. A good time skip would be pretty good for a spin off and bring in a different world within Equestria.

I'd prefer the spin off while it's going.

there's certainly enough fan interest in other things going around in equistra.

that way you could have one show for the purists

and one show for everyone else.

i mean the only reason i could see people wouldn't want that to happen is,

for fear the B show might out do the main.

I wouldn't be shocked if tails about derpy,

lyria

and vinyle etc, etc, did just that.

And instead of arguing my point I'd like to see it have the chance to prove it.

Edited by FNGRpony

I find the fact that Hasbro has authorized DHX to continue the Friendship is Magic show past the 65 half-hour episode mark to be remarkable, actually. While many studios do in fact run things into the ground, Hasbro's own track record shows that they have the corporate equivalent to an attention deficit disorder. They *like* rebooting things. With this extension, this is putting the current run of My Little Pony ahead of any of it's predecessors. Even the original G1 My Little Pony 'n Friends ended at 65 10-minute episodes, and that was the longest run MLP had prior to now.

The closest match I can find in Hasbro franchise history is the original Transfomers cartoon, who had a 65-episode run, followed by a theatrical release that was supposed to be the finale for the series, and then the series picks up again for a rather lackluster 33 episodes before Hasbro lost interest completely. For FiM we've got the 65 episodes, technically the theatrical release (as far as Hasbro is concerned), and now the series continues on. If we break the 33-episode mark we will have officially exceeded any single Hasbro-sponsored cartoon series *ever*.

• 2 years later...

The last post on this topic was in 2013 and most people said that MLP will only last 5-6 seasons. Now, most people say 7-9 seasons.

Who knows, in another 4 years we will again have to revise our estimate.

• Brohoof 1