Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About this crazyness of Twilight's scepter

NewSupaLuigiBros

Like, Twilight scepter only appeared in the show for about 5 seconds, and people are so obsessed with it and start to flood the internet with twilight scepter parodies and images and etc, and its all done in ONE SINGLE DAY!!!

Has this kind of crazyness ever happened before in MLP? For example, I haven't experienced season 1 event, but I heard Derpy was the big hit when episode 1 first aired, but was Derpy as crazy as Twilight's scepter?

• Brohoof 4

Hahaha, this is why new season are so awesome :)

yeah I'm not sure I evem saw it in the show lol, was really confused when the entire front page of reddit suddenly turned out to be sceptres!

Some ponies are just obsessed with her stupidity. Even though I joined the herd only 4 days before Equestria Girls, I can definitely tell that Derpy is only cared about because of her stupidity.

WOW WOW WOW THERE, SPARKY!

Stupidity≠silliness.

Anyway, I didn't even know this was a thing until I just googled it. I've been too busy with Doctor Who stuff to pay attention whatever the heck the bronies are up to. I barely even remember which scene its from.

• Brohoof 1

I think it is an abomination on society and should be obliterated. Don't you just hate it when you see random gold scepters with insane smiles popping up randomly? It's just plain stupid. Give me a break. I mean, COME ON.

EDIT: At the time of this posting, my avatar was a Twiliscepter.

Edited by Dark Horn
  • Brohoof 12

Gak gak gak. You don't remember the Gak? My god it was like the whole fandom had collectively gone insane. Gak was so weird. The golden scepter thing is atleast relevant and funny.

Gak was.... *shudder* I don't even know. The word itself was invading all mlp conversations.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 3

The fandom has many memes. Far too many to count. This recent one with the scepter I find it to be quite funny. It's amusing to see how many places it can be placed in and still look funny. I quite like it, plus the face the scepter has makes it all the better.

How did the scepter become popular? This is the same fandom that made a big deal out of 20% cooler, 10 seconds flat, Doctor Whooves, Derpy, Lyra and Bon Bon, Colgate, and the list goes on and on. Of all the things this fandom has latched onto, the scepter counts as reasonable in my books.

• Brohoof 1

yeah I'm not sure I evem saw it in the show lol

It happened once Twilight retreated from the Everfree Forest, as Discord harassed Twilight.

Here's a screenshot:

tumblr_mwqsl2z8de1qjs7mxo1_500.png

I didn't catch the scepter immediately. But after seeing it, I stood back in shock. Uncannily hilarious, and it's no surprise to see the scepter become a meme.

Have I seen the craziness? Yes: all the GAK GAK GAK! IT'S GAK GAK GAK. It's annoying. It's nerve-wracking. It's hilarious. It's nostalgic. The repeated commercials reminded a lot of people back to the good ol' glory days of Nickelodeon in the 1990s. You don't see it anymore because TCE (and King Sombra) was plain boring, and the gak commercials repeated three to four times in a row for four straight weeks. While it isn't used that much anymore, people still get reminded every now and then.

Memo to myself: draw a gak pony. XD

The scepter? It's got some staying power because of the array of memes, the fact that it happened in the show, and PTS was genuinely entertaining.

This is my most favorite so far.

480148__safe_animated_parody_spoiler-col

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

Why has the sceptre become so popular?

A. We're a very strange fandom.

B. Look at it's face. It's hilarious.

C. Discord made it while trolling Twilight.

D. It can be put in many situations and still be funny.

E. Because it is Twilight. On a staff. With a really silly face.

F. Admit it. You at least giggled when it appeared.

G. After you stopped giggling, I'm sure you thought, oh dear, this is going to be a thing.

H. Can you really blame people for falling in love with that face? I still laugh every time I see it.

I. Can you not imagine some dictator holding that thing?

J. The picture on EQD where someone switched the faces of Twilight and the sceptre? Fabulous.

post-11173-0-72449300-1385406934_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4