Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tank the Tortoise: Will he ever return?

TheKoalaNextDoor

The tortoise hasn't reappeared because it's stupid for Rainbow to have a tortoise as a pet, and the cyborg/steampunk Tank-copter doesn't fit the show and would be incredibly annoying. The show sacrificed being true to the character and to realism in order to make a friendship lesson.

• Brohoof 1

Most of the "characters" introduced in one episode seem to simply disappear off the face of MLP, never to be seen again. Tank is not the only casualty of this...gaping black hole of destruction.

Perhaps in the future if there is a pet-related episode, he shall return. Until then, he floats in the void with everyone else unlucky enough to not be one of the Mane 6 or a background pony.

Well I mean Owlicious (is that how it's spelled?) came in one episode of Season 1 and then didn't make another appearance until that episode so it could be that they just haven't found a good time to bring him in.

I would love to see tank again, as long as he doesn't have that weird steampunk helicopter thing. It just seemed kinda improbable, being that you don't see any other technology of the type anywhere else in the show.

Other than that, more tank would be great.

• 3 months later...

I sure hope we at least get to see Dashie playing with him or something in the background, if not have him actually upfront and center with her or some of the other pets again. We've gotten to see Winona several times, we see Rarity's obnoxious cat ALL the time, and same thing with Fluttershy's bunny. If Tank can now artificially fly and ergo be able to be alongside Dash even when she's in the air, then I don't see a reason for why we can't see some more of him.

I mean come on, besides the cuteness that could be had, there's tons of 20% cooler than average things that Dash could be doing with him...

Posted Image

Tank vanished from Rainbow Dash's home some time ago. Ponyville Police Department (PPD) believes that the Tortoise was kidnapped. According to investigators, it's possible that the culprit behind Tank's disappearance is the Alicorn depicted here: Posted Image

No but seriously, I'm sure that Tank will show up again at some point. Although it will probably be a brief couple of seconds at the most.

Edited by Hawk

The pets of the show don't get that much screen time anyway. The only one who does gets the most time would be Angle Bunny, but thats just because he is the side-kick to Fluttershy.

Like how Twilight has Spike, 2 of the CMC are related to one of the 6, Scootaloo sorta has Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie has Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.