Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight's New Crown?

Nature's Spell

post-13827-0-92275500-1385648801_thumb.jpg

A light hearted thread. :-) So what do you make of Twilight's new crown? Do you like it or do you think it's a step down from her previous one? Do you think it has any meaning beyond her princessship?

We've not seen it on her for very long, but I think it suits her. I can't decide if it's meaningful or not but I look forward to seeing more of it. Its not Twilight's scepter for sure ;) but it will serve. Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

A light hearted thread. :-) So what do you make of Twilight's new crown? Do you like it or do you think it's a step down from her previous one? Do you think it has any meaning beyond her princessship?

We've not seen it on her for very long, but I think it suits her. I can't decide if it's meaningful or not but I look forward to seeing more of it. Its not Twilight's scepter for sure ;) but it will serve.

I bucking hate her new crown to spiky

i kinda like it. tough i don't think there is any real meaning to it other then to express her being a princess. 

the other two had her cutiemark in it because they where the element of harmony. but this one isn't an element.

Not a huge fan of it myself.  I don't know, to me it doesn't look so much like a crown, but rather, the frame for a crown without the rest of it.  I don't hate it or anything, it just doesn't do anything for me, and I definitely liked her previous crown better.

Not a huge fan of it myself. I don't know, to me it doesn't look so much like a crown, but rather, the frame for a crown without the rest of it. I don't hate it or anything, it just doesn't do anything for me, and I definitely liked her previous crown better.

It does sorta look like the graphic artists rushed the job to just give her a crown for that scene. Maybe when we see it again they will refine the design.

• Brohoof 2

It does sorta look like the graphic artists rushed the job to just give her a crown for that scene. Maybe when we see it again they will refine the design.

That'd be nice, though I'm not holding my breath.  The good news is we shouldn't have to see it that much at all; outside of celebrations or state events I doubt Twilight will ever wear it.

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 2

Can't say I'm too fond of it myself. Twilight's last crown had significance as the Element of Magic, this just look a dime-a-dozen crown design whose whole inspiration was "just make something that looks nice". Though considering how apprehensive she was about wearing her previous crown, I can probably count the number of times we'll see her wearing this one on one hand.

• Brohoof 2

That's why I wonder if it has a larger meaning since her other ones did. Five points for her five friends?

I was thinking the same thing.  Five points for each of her best friends.  :wub:

It is a step down from her previously Element crown. It's definitely not as bold as the previous one that said "If you mess with me, I'll send you to the moon!"   :P I think the new one is symbolic of the sacrifice she and the rest of the Mane 6 made by giving up their power gems. 

• Brohoof 2

I think I like this new one the most. The previous ones were fine, but a bit too fancy for day-to-day use. This one has a bit more subtlety to it, and I like how simple it is. The simplicity of it fits with Twilight's character a bit more as well. 

• Brohoof 3

I really didn't like the old crowns. The first one was too big and I thought it was tacky. The second one was okay, but it was too curvy. I like the new one because it is more angular and sharp. I feel it suits her personality better. Twilight is a straight laced, well organized, no nonsense pony (well, except when she's dancing) and to me curves in designs suggest a more easygoing, go with the flow type personality. Twilight has certainly learned to be a lot less high strung, but I think her core strengths are logic, linear thinking and planning. So the straight lines and points on the new crown just feels right to me.

I hadn't thought of the five points for five friends thing, but that makes a lot of sense.

• Brohoof 3

I think I like her element a little more, but this ones nice to. And without her element the other crowns kinda plain.

The new one probably doesn't have much extra meaning really though, just a standard crown that has gems the color of her element gem.

And she probably won't be wearing it much, since rarity already mentioned she didnt want to wear her crown all the time. So probably it'll only be worn for ceremonial stuff she does.

It's nice though, I don't not like it, it's nice, I just like her other crown slightly better.

That's why I wonder if it has a larger meaning since her other ones did. Five points for her five friends?

This is a good catch.

Other than that though, the new crown is kinda meh for me. I preferred her initial element of harmony better, personally. Then again, I never liked her wearing a crown much at all, so doubt my opinion means much either way. -_-

I liked her second crown, since it looked very in the mood of the show with these natural curves and swirls. But I guess that since she gave out the jewel to the Tree, that crown won't look good anymore, so the creators designed a new crown for her in a rush (that's how her new crown looks like to me). It's simpler, it's smaller, and very straight-lined, which (for me at least) makes it more dull. It looks more like a fence than a crown ;-J But OK, I can live with that, not that big deal as her wings ;o) And we probably won't see it much often, since she doesn't like wearing crown all the time after all ;)

I never liked the first one, and the second was only slighty better, so this is my favourite so far. I thought the others were a little tacky, but this is sleek, beautiful and simple. It sums up our Twilight pretty well!

I like it better than the old one, which I personally thought was a little top-heavy with the Cutie Mark insignia and was surprised that it never toppled over.

Plus, this one seems to be a bit more graceful and I don't think it would be too wise to walk around at royal events with an Element of Harmony on her head where it could fall off or someone could swipe it with magic or by flying overhead.

Besides, I don't think the old one would have looked as good without the Element of Magic embedded inside of it.

• Brohoof 1

I like the new crown. It does have a better design than the old crown, it signifies the bond between Twilight and her five friends. At least the crown will not fall off so no random pony can steal it.