Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Angel Suddenly Talks One Day

SBaby

So we all know that Angel is basically the Silent Bob of FiM. He's pretty smart, and usually shows Fluttershy what she should be doing.

What do you think he would say if he ever started talking? Like if he suddenly had to talk to get his thoughts across.

He would probably scream about giving him carrots or just tell Fluttershy what to do after she fails to get the dozen or so hints. I imagine him sounding like the guy from the Allstate insurance commercials.

• Brohoof 1

Just going by his personality...I can see him saying something like "Fluttershy, I've kept quiet all this time and been patient...but I'm sorry I'm finally fed up with having to keep reminding you be more assertive. I love you and all for taking care of me and all my fellow bunnies, but if you don't buck up soon I might have to get in some professional help."

He would probably scream about giving him carrots or just tell Fluttershy what to do after she fails to get the dozen or so hints. I imagine him sounding like the guy from the Allstate insurance commercials.

Yes. He's also President David Palmer from 24. And he is awesome.

Yes. He's also President David Palmer from 24. And he is awesome.

And Irving Lambert from Splinter Cell.

Speaking of which, I would love it if Angel sounded like Michael Ironside.

I like the idea of Angel having a deep voice. Maybe they could get Blu Mankuma (who did Fluttershy's voice in Bridle Gossip) to be Angel's voice as well.

As for personality, I think many fans consider Angel to be mean or rude because of the way he threw a carrot at Fluttershy in the Dragonshy episode, but I think he was frustrated with the way she was over-mothering and hassling him while ignoring his actual feelings.

Despite his apparently short temper, Angel seems to really care about Fluttershy and acts as a quiet mentor for her of sorts. If we imagine what it would be like to have Fluttershy fawning over us like that every single day, it's clear that little rodent has the patience of Job.

Perhaps the most ironic thing about Angel, however, is the fact that the one pony in all of Equestria who can communicate with just about every animal in the world never seems to be able to understand what he's trying to tell her.

I think most people would find that frustrating.

• Brohoof 2

Another perry mason fan? *brohoof*

Also, Morgan Freeman.

Brohoof!

I've been reading the Perry Mason novels for a while. My mom suggested I watch some of the original series. I downloaded season four (Had the most seeds) and I'm really enjoying it!

Oh, here's another idea for Angel's voice. How about if he sounds like Vincent Price?

:lol:

I have a feeling Angel would have a potty mouth and curse out Fluttershy when she was being mousy. He just seems like one of those tiny tough guys that tells it like it is. Now that I think about it it's probably good he can't talk. He'd hurt Fluttershy's feelings way too much.

• Brohoof 2

Lol I imagine him having like this super deep voice for some reason

Yup me too, although it's mostly cause he does seem to have a deep voice. Remember his coughin in Dragonshy?

It would be funny, maybe Twilight makes him a bunny translator and then he finally says all he has to say to fluttershy