Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people dislike/hate you because you're a brony?

Cherry Rainbow

So, are there people out there that bully you because you watch mlp? Or do you just hide it?

I am often really open about it, but that's because a lot of my irl friends are pegasisters too, and people got

used to it and don't think it's weird anymore

Well, there is this one guy I know. I wore a doctor whooves shirt and he said, now prepare yourself for this one, that I was gay for wearing it. Then again, he is kind of a prick to everyone else. In the end I just ignore him, because I don't think he has anything worth listening to.

• Brohoof 2

My ex-friend hated me and stopped being my friend one year ago because I liked watching MLP. I didn't really care what he said or did anymore because he was a lousy friend to begin with. He never cared about me and always used me as a last resort. Not being his friend was great in my opinion. :)

• Brohoof 8

Well so far, there's no one out there that actually hates me and bullies me because I am a brony. Surprising too, because I have become quite open about it at my school recently. I do get teased by my friends though, who are all pretty much haters sadly. One of my friends tries to stereotype the lovers of the show as being gay... which tends to get on my nerves from time to time, but it's nothing really.  ^_^

There's only two bronies at my school, and they're 13 year old girls. :(  So it's a little embarrassing but whatever...

I just wish I wasn't so lonely of a fan IRL.  :(

But yeah, I am thankful that I have never been bullied or harassed because of it. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I'm into much stranger things than My Little Pony, I'm extremely open about it as well. If anyone would dislike me for something, it's because I can be a real bitch at times.

Aside from random strangers having some WTF reactions when I wear my Applejack or Twilight Sparkle shirts not really. A good friend of mine introduced me to ponies in the first place so naturally he has no problem with it. I have this one coworker and his wife who are also into the show but most of my other coworkers either don't know or don't care that I am into it. My Mom actually thinks it is adorable which is not the reaction I was expecting but I am not exactly complaining. No other family member know not because I am hiding it from them but because I haven't really made any effort to tell any of them.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

My schools is a big melting pot of nerds and fandoms xD so,a good chunk of them are bronies. And the others don't really care in all truth. So I havent really gotten any flak for it besides the occasional tease.

Edited by Commander Tangent

bah as long as i keep saving theyr life they don't care XD oh well i really don't care either... mine university friends just said: well it's ok..  you are so weird by yourself that liking mlp change nothing... XD

Yes. There are people who have critically judged me, solely on the fact that I watch a cartoon series.

No. I have never wasted any of my time, hiding my personality and trying to appeal to their shallow minds.

What makes it worse, is that there are people who do hide their preference towards the show, despite the fact that it is nothing more than a cartoon. Bullies are designed to latch on and nitpick at any single thing possible, in order to coerce and control others. If they need to resort to the fact that someone watches a cartoon, then their desperation should be easily shruggable.

No skin off my bones if someone wants to dislike me over such pettiness.

• Brohoof 1

Not really, as for my circle of friends, they respect me for what I like and link things that I'm sure to like every now and then.

As for my school, it's an art school, you can't really not pay attention to the series since the past year, so there are a few bronies/pegasisters at school and I'm happy to be one of them.

I'm waling on thin ice on keeping my closet brony status. Maybe I like playing with danger. But so far my friends has a rather negative view. I'm subtly trying to change their view. And I think I'm progressing at snails pace. Except if a miracle happens. i't would be nice to actually have brony my friends that are bronies. But I'm playing this safe enough.

I'm pretty open about being a brony. I'm not going to just announce "Hey I like My Little pony" that would just make me look like I'm starving for attention. I do wear a pony shirt every so often and if anyone ask if I'm a brony I'm just going to say yes I am. I do get some funny looks every now and then but overall people seem to accept it which I find surprising since I live in a town with alot of rednecks and some can guess how rednecks and bronys don't mix.

• Brohoof 2

I don't hide my love of the show from my folks but over here few folks know of it and little real point in being open as it were. And some of the wierdness it might get aimed at me I'd rather avoid.