Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did RD annoy you in Daring Don't?

Slice0Pie

She irritated me to no end in the middle of this episode. Her sudden loss in competence combined with her existing personality tuned her into Scrappy Doo meets Spike in Spike At Your Service.

A lot of people here seem to say that her reaction is okay because it's realistic, it's what they would do in that situation. That may be true, but that doesn't make it compelling from a dramatic standpoint, or less painful to watch. I might turn into a blithering idiot in front of my favorite celebrity, but that doesn't mean it would make for good television. Seeing a character like Rainbow Dash just get in the way, and screw things up for others isn't funny, it's awkward and uncomfortable.

• Brohoof 1

I got a little annoyed at one part.

But, I completely understand as I don't feel that this was a character trait that was over-exaggerated for the sake of plot (like my most despised episode which I shall not name).

I believe this because up until now we have been led to believe that Daring Do was a completely fictitious character and I think that the Mane Six believed this as well especially given the author's name sounds legitimate-imagine if you found of that your favorite literary character was not only real, but you actually got to meet them?

Especially after you had been lead to believe that they were completely imaginary up until that point.

(Besides 'fan' is short for 'fanatic' which is supposed to mean devotion to an irrational extent.)

She was a bit out of character in this episode... but it was all worth it to see her make this disgusting grin.

img-2090798-1-Rainbow_Dash_hiding_S4E04.

You forgot about her wub face  :fiery:

rainbow_dash_by_lookitslaurie-d4qyjuk.pn

I can see what your trying to say

I would act a little crazy, but I would actually try to help, and realize that this is a serious problem

And pinkie didn't even really talk through the whole episode..

These. 

I wasn't impressed with the way RD was acting throughout this episode, but she was just being herself. It's funny how she was starstruck by Daring Do, but actually put effort in trying to impress Spitfire and the other Wonderbolts in "The Best Night Ever."  :huh:

I've got to agree with the amount of people who have their say that Dash was annoying in the episode and I don't find it all that ''cute'' that she's being all ''fangirly'' type. Plus, to add to this I wouldn't think anyone would want Dash to follow them around unsuspectfully wherever you go like some stalker while you're doing something extra important and secretive and than find yourself in big trouble all because of her.

I usually always find Rainbow dash annoying even more bothering than Pinkie especially in the episode, ''Mysterious Mare Do Well''

I found the episode rather annoying not Rainbow Dash although she didn't really seem rainbow dash in a more than a few moments.

The pace of the episodes just seem so fast...like they want too much to happen within 25 minutes and can't really focus on anypony.

I did enjoy RD and Twilight's "fight".

A bit... yeah. But only at times she stood watching DD doing her stuff, and doing nothing even though she saw her hero was in mortal danger. Then, I caught myself screaming: "Come on, Dashie! What the hell are you doing? Help her!"

But aside from it... I didn't find her that annoying. Actually, if I found out that one of my favorite fictional characters was real and if I met him... I'd probably be muchhh worse.

No, she didn't. It's strange, because usually, I find her character to be very off-putting, but seeing her constantly screw up and embarrass herself in front of her idol was extremely cute and endearing to me.

Also, what is up with everyone fawning over that smug face?
Personally, I think this new Dashface is much more better:

1488046_179342195606177_979402912_n.jpg

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur

Did RainbowDash annoy you in Daring Don't?

In my personal opinion, yes she did. Mostly because she had her moments, mostly through the whole episode, she kept asking Daring Doo to help, mostly just because she was her hero, and didn't really focuse on the main problem, really, just trying to impress her, but I guess that's RD :P

But when Daring was attacked by the ponies at her home, and the mane 6 didn't help but just watched, Annie the hell out of me. So that's what I think

How about you guys?

When if ever had rainbow dash not annoyed me?  Hell she was my 6th favorite pony before this episode.

now she's number 3 ^^.  and yes, even with all that said, she still annoyed me.

Pinkie needs to step up her game this season,

No, she didn't. It's strange, because usually, I find her character to be very off-putting, but seeing her constantly screw up and embarrass herself in front of her idol was extremely cute and endearing to me.

Also, what is up with everyone fawning over that smug face?

Personally, I think this new Dashface is much more better:

1488046_179342195606177_979402912_n.jpg

Probably because the "So Awesome" face has been around for a while, while this expression:

img-2090798-1-Rainbow_Dash_hiding_S4E04.

hasn't been done before.

I think RD totally lost herself in her own Fan-girling. And this made here go stupid, haha well something like that i suppose. I did enjoy general episode but yea, think could have written RD little better maby. But she did pul her act to gather at end. And that am glad for. The only sceen really enjoyed me was one with main six standing in window just doing nothing. Even Fluttershy eventually relished how stupid it was. XD Got love her comment she made. Gave me the giggles.

But at where lest we got some wonderful facial expressions out RD. :P

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I found her more irritating than I thought she would be. And RD is best pony!!! Ok, my favorite, but still. RD IS BEST PONY.

It was really strange, though. She was acting more of 'Omg I'm your #1 fan' than she should have. It's almost too much. I was on the edge of my seat all like "C'MON, RD... FRIGGIN ACT SMART... AW C'MON, REALLY?! YOU MESSED UP AGAIN!!!"

So, yeah.

• Brohoof 1

No, since her behavior was something I was expecting(and secretly hoping for), and it felt natural. I keep seeing people use the Wonderbolts and how she's become more composed around them as a reason for her to act more maturely around Daring, but keep in mind that she's met the Wonderbolts on more than one occasion while they didn't even know Daring was real before now. Her awestruck behavior still seemed very appropriate

That said, even if I did think it was annoying, it still wouldn't be as bad as MMDW or Pinkie in A Friend in Deed

Edited by Junpei Iori
  • Brohoof 1