Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

GO TO POST-2014 MLPF WORLD CUP THREAD FOR FINAL RESULTS

Inactive01

It looks like Mayor Mare will qualify from Group G at this rate based on vote differential. Now for tonight's matches...

Group I

Spitfire will qualify for the World Cup with at least a draw. Owlowiscious needs to hope that Spitfire loses and that he wins in the process with enough votes to fly past Spitfire.

Group J

It's once again a three pony race to the final qualification spot in Group J. Will Sunset Shimmer bring down eternal fire? Will Fancy Pants' class and suave be enough? Or will Joe keep the others at bay with his doughnuts? Fancy Pants will face Joe in what will be a key showdown, but a Sunset Shimmer win would trump any result from that match...

Just imagine... Fancy Pants walking to the Toreador's song... xD

mlp___fancy_pants_gets_all_the_mares_by_

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nzsh60MQto

Edited by Sterling Crimson

You mean to tell me Sunset Shimmer is actually getting challenged by a stupid doll? -_-

Sunset deserves to move on to the World Cup. Give her your support, now. :okiedokielokie:

*deep breath* OK, seriously people?  Seriously?  Look, I can see voting for Tom the Rock, or Bloomberg, or yes, Smarty Pants over background characters or even minor supporting characters.  These objects were seriously funny elements of their respective episodes!  But to vote for Smarty Pants (easily the least impressionable of those 3 inanimate objects) over a major character, even one as squandered as Sunset Shimmer, is simply unacceptable.  So come on ya'll and get Sunset to the World Cup.

And hey, if my "character importance" reasoning doesn't work for ya, fine, you don't have to vote for her because of that.  But you should vote for her because of this:

img-2298481-1-smarty_pants_by_spacekingo

vs.

img-2298481-2-full.jpg

img-2298481-3-Spitfire_cannot_believe_it

Well? :comeatus:

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 6

If Sunset Shimmer wins or draws, she qualifies.

If Sunset Shimmer loses and Fancy Pants wins, Fancy Pants qualifies.

If Sunset Shimmer loses by enough votes and Joe wins, Joe qualifies.

Sunset Shimmer is less than 12 hours away from qualification.

Tonight in MLPF World Cup Qualifying...

Group K

The queen of flair and fashion will be taking on an aggressive figure. The latter is in a much stronger position, only needing a draw to advance. The former on the other hand, needs a victory by at least 71 votes to progress. Can Photo Finish bring her pizzazz and flair to the story, or will Snowflake (Bulk Biceps) roar her out of the tournament? Furthermore, there's the issue of the Phoenix... She's depending on Snowflake to lose, but also has a huge mountain to climb with vote differential at the negatives. She's still in, but needs a HUGE vote surplus to qualify. Can she do it?

Group L

It's a three way battle for the last qualifying spot in this group, as all three characters are separated by a single point. Ponyville's schoolteacher needs our resident Indiana Jones to slip up in the voting so she can regain the vote differential lead and make the World Cup. Can Flash Sentry spoil Daring Do's run to the World Cup? Or will Rarity's father place the final nail on Cheerilee's coffin... 

I honestly thought the matchup between Mr. Cake and Igneous was an interesting one.  They're both important male figures in Pinkie's life but we've seen a lot more of Mr. C and so my vote goes for him. 

And I had to vote for Snowflake against Photo Finish.  Little wings and big attitude!  :lol:

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 3

As soon as the World Cup Qualifying Stages end on Sunday night, I will explain to you guys how the World Cup Draw works and give you the results of a simulation draw I tried out. The simulation will show you how competitive the World Cup can get.

The World Cup Draw will occur on May 12, and the World Cup will begin on June 12 with the Opening Match. The Opening Match will be decided at the Draw where Group A's Position One will play Group A's Position Two (More details this Sunday.)

I wish Cheerilee would beat out daring doo but I just don't see that happening :/

I'm just ecstatic to see Sweetie Belle breaking the 500 voter differential, she's going to be the only one to do it. Everyone says that one of the mane 6 will win this tournament but I just might be a 'Sweetie Belliever' ;)post-21236-0-70706400-1392315375_thumb.jpg

You should be one too

post-21236-0-00467900-1392315406_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torrent505
  • Brohoof 1

I picked Snowflake, Photo Finish never appealed to me.

Also i'm starting on my mascot for the tournament, and HOLY HELL i'm learning Inkscape! Playing with gradients is fun! Though eyes are a bitch to do.

Edited by Shift

Cheerilee's slowly removing Daring Do's vote differential lead... she just needs a bit more leeway.. interesting. At this stage, even though Snowflake is down, he will still qualify because Photo Finish needs a larger victory.

Preview of Groups M and N:

Group M

We have a potential World Cup decider as our cocky, yet apologetic Trixie takes on an unseen foe in the show. He is one of lore however, and the two characters are separated by only three points. The Great and Powerful Trixie is in a much better position to follow Applebloom to the World Cup, but Starswirl the Bearded can still qualify with a big enough win against her.

Group N:

Thunderlane and Fleur Dis Lee are in a key matchup as they hope to see Spike dethroned from runner up spot with a loss. But both characters would need a big enough win and for Spike to lose badly to Steven Magnet to catch up with vote differential...