Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EQD: Season 5 Confirmed for My Little Pony!

Dzastur

I wasn't really worried about the franchise getting another season. Usually of its popular like this then shows generally last quite a while.

I expect this show to last about long as Adventure Time and Regular Show. Both of which are on thier 5th season currently.

• Brohoof 2

wohoo!

It makes me glad to hear, I just hope the episodes will be good.

I kind of knew this would happen, I mean it's so popular and people still love it. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw "season 6 confirmed" in a year as well.

• Brohoof 2

Another season could be a good thing, but at the same time, the more episodes they make the more likely they're gonna write an episode that ruins the series. Honestly, as much as I'd like the show to keep going beyond season 4, I'd rather they end it on a high note than keep it going till it's garbage, either due to them running out of ideas, and churning out boring ones, and or due to running out of ideas and being forced to destroy the pre-existing continuity just to justify more episode plots.

More isn't always better guys, be cautiously optimistic.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 1

Another season could be a good thing, but at the same time, the more episodes they make the more likely they're gonna write an episode that ruins the series. Honestly, as much as I'd like the show to keep going beyond season 4, I'd rather they end it on a high note than keep it going till it's garbage, either due to them running out of ideas, and churning out boring ones, and or due to running out of ideas and being forced to destroy the pre-existing continuity just to justify more episode plots.

More isn't always better guys.

That's always possible but what I think could happen is that revert to season 1,2 3 style episodes if they feel the experiments this season don't pan out. The biggest criticism of season 4 is that it's too new and experimenting too much with the shows formula. Personally I think that's bunk, but it seems to be an issue for some.

One other concern is that the VAs lose interest like happens with network drama actors. But the VA's seem to do a lot of other jobs and for a VA MLP is the big time.

Edited by Nature's Spell
  • Brohoof 1

As Rainbow Dash said once, "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!", I am very excited, although while I am patiently waiting for season for to continue then conclude, I am eager to see what could be in store for us in season five. I was worried for a while that season four was the last season, now I can feel at ease that our story goes on, the endless possibilities and new songs waiting to be seen, and new fans joining the herd, maybe another movie with the ponies as ponies this time, I know I do sound optimistic but this our journey, as we the fans watch the episodes, the art and characters improve, we too advance with with the show, let us enjoy season four before we see season five, I wouldn't miss it for the world.   

• Brohoof 3

"We have My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. We are now going into our fifth season—just a tremendous success for us. We are now going into our second season of Littlest Pet Shop. We introduced a new character into the Littlest Pet Shop world, called Blythe. She’s a really cute pre-teen who can talk to our Littlest Pets and they have created this wonderful world that little girls are really responding to. Littlest Pet Shop and My Little Pony both, from a ratings perspective against other girl-skewing shows, are doing tremendously well in the international market."

Ugh...LPS is on season 2 right now. This needs clarification...

Don't worry I looked in to what you said and I found this from Andrea Libman's Facebook page pretty much confirming it https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10100856676670091&id=256050671110439&stream_ref=10

• Brohoof 4

Don't worry I looked in to what you said and I found this from Andrea Libman's Facebook page pretty much confirming it https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10100856676670091&id=256050671110439&stream_ref=10

Oh, well alright then. Not like there was ever any doubt anyway. :lol:

Looks like 2014'll be a year filled to the brim with new pony eps. :yay:

• Brohoof 2

That's always possible but what I think could happen is that revert to season 1,2 3 style episodes if they feel the experiments this season don't pan out. The biggest criticism of season 4 is that it's too new and experimenting too much with the shows formula. Personally I think that's bunk, but it seems to be an issue for some.

I think the reason a lot of bronies are upset with this season is because it's noticeably different than prior ones, as in, the writers have mostly ditched the slice of life episodes that revolved around a certain character's personal issue and how the ultimately resolved it and learned from it, and started shoehorning the entire mane 6 into these.....different types of stories, ones that aren't really about someone's personal issues and how they resolve them but are more about......I don't really even know, but I haven't found them to be very interesting (save the 2 parter premiere, and Rarity Takes Manehatten. I enjoyed Castlemania too but it wasn't anything special) . The problem is, by putting the entire mane 6 into the episodes, they don't have time to let all of their depth shine, devolving them into hallow shells of themselves. Because of a lack of interesting protagonists, the story itself needs to be interesting enough to make it work, but for the most part, that hasn't been the case, IMO.

There are still slice of life episodes this season, but only 2 this season have been about personal issues of the characters said episodes starred (Flight to the Finish and Rarity Takes Manehatten), and those episodes were the norm in s1, s2 and s3. (I found Flight to the Finish to be meh for some reason, maybe because I don't find Scoots to be very interesting, although I enjoyed the message. Conversely, I loved Rarity Takes Manehatten like I loved previous season's episodes. Both felt like episodes from any of the previous seasons)

One other concern is that the VAs lose interest like happens with network drama actors. But the VA's seem to do a lot of other jobs and for a VA MLP is the big time.

Oh ya, I didn't even think of that.....or worse, one of them dies. Either way, if any of the mane 6 VA's left and they were unable to find a suitable replacement well then, that would probably be very bad. Again I'd like the series to continue, but if they can wrap this mystery box plot up this season (which I'm pretty sure they will) than there's no reason for the series to continue, (unless we don't get to see why Celestia needed Discord's magic). Correct me if I'm wrong but, other than that and the mystery box, there are no other loose ends to tie.

A good way to ruin a series is to keep on milking it past the point where it needs to be. I'd rather one really really good 1 novel story than a 12 novel story that starts off really really good but slowly descends into mediocrity, and than ends with a plot hole that completely and utterly destroys the continuity, thus ruining the entire story, and therefore causing me to regret buying the first one to begin with.

I know most of you love the show like I do and want it to keep going and going, but I know that I'd personally rather look back on the show, once it's finally truly over, with a smile of contentment, instead of a frown of disappointment.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 1

Even if this was a mistake. I highly doubt there won't be a season five. They might cut it after season six or 7. But, seeing as there are so many Bronies and this is a growing franchise. We've got a few more seasons before worrying about them cancelling it IMO.

Oh totally man!  I've already seen like 8 or 9 new people on here, and I've only been here for less than 24 hours.  That isn't even the rest of the internet, and the people who stay quiet about it.  So crazy just thinking about it. 

MLP:FIM is just too awesome of a show to get canned. I bet it will be around for a good 3/4 more years if the fan base is still alive and well. I hate when a show gets canceled and then they are just like Oh well!. Not enough views! Screw you fan base!  I mean, have the decency to wrap it up with one or two more episodes! If they ever do plan to can the show, I want the last episode to be so jacked up and awesome. Explosions everywhere. Spike gets Married to Rarity. A pony dies. Etc.!
I will get hate for this, but I think if an antagonist killed princess Celestia...

Edited by Judgement