Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Elder Scrolls or Fallout?

Sanic Screwdriver

Fallout or The Elder Scrolls?  

23 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer:

• Fallout
    • The Elder Scrolls

Well... Elder Scrolls is the answer. Well more specifically Oblivion and definitely Skyrim. Let's just say the level of characters to play as and the worlds have always interested me. I've always loved mid-evil kind of things anyway. There is so much you can do in the games and the crazy thing is that the story only ever take up only 20% of the game. The other 80% is sidequests and general exploring.

"One doesn't simply beat Skyrim."

A quote that is truer than true. Not to mention that with Skyrim especially, enemies are much more dangerous and can get harder with the more you level up. Because of this, you run the risk of finding a enemy that may end up killing you. It's the excitement of that, that brings immersion into the game of exploration. It's kinda like the original LOZ in that aspect. I just am not fond of ESO, it tried too hard to be good when it ended up being shit in the end.

I love both games but for me its Elder Scrolls and while I loved Fallout 3 New Vegas didn't appeal to me that much I couldn't get into it, the two Elder Scrolls games I did play (Oblivion and Skyrim) were really fun to play so much so that I 1000 pointed both of them. Like Banul I also perfer Fantasy RPG's over the post apocalyptic style, and my favorites of the two series are Fallout 3 and Oblivion.  

before I begin saying stuff here is my opinion

ELDER SCROLLS DEFINITELY

now I have played Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well as Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and V Skyrim

and a lot of things from each of them I prefer over another like determining your characters strengths and weaknesses in Fallout, and upgrading your skills from a skill tree in Elder Scrolls

my biggest complaint with Elder Scrolls is there are no disguises unlike in New Vegas and you need to carry torches with you in caves or be a vampire otherwise your as blind as a bat in a bucket

as for Fallout the environment looks too boring and combat tends to get very repetitive....

things I favor for Elder Scrolls, sprint button

as for Fallout I like how every NPC can die

but in the end I favor Elder Scrolls only because the classes aren't repetitive unlike the Fallout classes where your constantly pumping led to kill someone, in Elder Scrolls each class has their strengths and weaknesses weather it be low damage, low stamina, or armor

not to mention I love Medieval and Renaissance games and I dislike futuristic and post apocalyptic games if it wasn't for the RPG aspect in Fallout I wouldn't even touch it

I love both, but I think Elder Scrolls is just a lot more appealing to me Lore wise. The world feels a lot bigger then Fallout, the environments much more diverse, the people and places more interesting. I think Elder Scrolls just has a lot more to go on. But like I said, I enjoy both very much.

Also, Fallout wasn't actually originally made by Bethesda. They took over development of Fallout 3 and basically made it like their Elder Scrolls series, (The original two games were like a tactical top-down turn based sort of thing), so yeah, you can see they had a basis to go on when they developed it, and the similarities show.

Edited by DarkHorse Brony
  • Brohoof 1

@, Already existed, and merged your thread with the previous.

That said, Elder Scrolls, mostly because I don't care for the general post-apocalyptic genre. 

Also, Khajiit jokes.

• Brohoof 3

Elder Scrolls!!!! :DDD I love those games especially oblivion and Skyrim. There was just so much you could do! I've put so many hours into those games and made several characters. Modding really helped fix some things and gave it more replayability. I know you could also mod the fallout games too but I haven't don't that yet. The Fallout games are great though too. I really liked the wasteland and the music and the characters. However I find the Elder Scrolls a bit more interesting, mainly because of the lore behind it. The Elder Scrolls lore is so vast... you could probably write a history textbook about the stuff. 

• Brohoof 2

I love The Elder Scrolls and it's lore but Fallout in my opinion has much more fun gameplay, more interesting worlds, story and more interesting lore.

• Brohoof 1

For me, it would be rather I like Skyrim or Oblivion. And I'm gonna go with Oblivion.

.. oh, and Fallout is fantastic aswell! Especially with mods, ykno.

I am gonna have to side with the Fallout Universe as I just prefer it, Guns and Power Armour or Enchanted Weapons/Magic and Forged Armour, sorry Elder Scrolls lovers but Guns and Power Armour wins it for me.
I started on Fallout 2 with Bethesda too, so it holds a place in my heart and such.

Well let's see...

Elder Scrolls: Own Skyrim, played it twice, total playtime 8 hours

Fallout: Own every one, played 100 or so times, total playtime ALOT

Yeah Elder Scrolls I found to be boring and dull with a story I didn't enjoy. That was of course only Skyrim maybe the rest are better

Fallout I picked up 3 many years ago and I loved it and got all the achievements for it and continued to play it and I thought it was incredible then New Vegas came out and I was all like OH MY GOD and I loved it too but I thought it wasn't as good as 3 until I played the dlcs then I thought it was just as good. I ended up purchasing Fallout, Fallout 2, and Tactics later on. Didn't enjoy Tactics too much and I finished Fallout 1 which was pretty good I must say but Fallout 2 I loved it so much, it had so much and you just got lost in your character and everything there was, it then became my favourite in the series. I'm currently on a binge playthrough of Fallout 2 and I just got to New Reno again and I'm like this place is so awesome.

So yeah peg me as a Fallout fan.

• Brohoof 1

While I have near infinite love for both, Fallout takes the cake.

Elder Scrolls has beautiful words, great lore, and is of the few (In my opinion) good western RPGs.

Now Fallout, don't get me started.

First, fantasy/midevil has been done so many times, but the Wastes just feel... Different.

While the new Fallouts have lost their roots for the most part, they are still good. Fallout 1 was great, and Fallout 3 was great, though they're completely different genres.

Every Fallout game I've played, I love. Roaming the Wasteland, jamming to 50/60s music while blowing the head off of a Super Mutant with my plasma rifle, Versus, I stabbed my sword through the chest of a Frost Troll, and then finished him with my fire spell. Which sounds more unique?

I also like the lore of Fallout more.

You take your first steps out of Vault 101 searching through a post-nuclear apocalyptic wasteland. A ruthless, unforgiving place where the people are either savages or crazy. Finding a brand new water purification chip, searching through a hellish desert, looking for a small piece of tech that brings tonnes of lives into your hands with the threat of dehydration.

Versus

A giant dragon descends from the heavens, threatening an entire countries existence. You, the Dragonborn, are the only one capable of defeating him, with your Dragon Shouts.

They both sound incredible and unique, but I just prefer Fallout. Don't get me wrong, I adore both immensely.

• Brohoof 1

I'll go with the Elder Scrolls games. I put in hundreds of hours into each one - I'm still modding Skyrim on my PC, determined for photo-realism because outdoors in reality just isn't cutting it anymore!  I love the apocalypse but if I had to choose I'd rather be in the one where bears kill dragons. Could you imagine if bears could fly?  :blink: You would be Bearborn; the only thing cooler than that is getting bumped up to flying first class only to realize you're the only one in first class! You get first pick from the snack and refreshment cart and you take all of the little Sprite cans because you're entitled and awfully shallow knowing full well those kids in the back are dying for a carbonated drink. Haha but who cares, you're first class; let coach stick to their coloring books and frozen fish head dinners.  :yay:

I've never actually been in first class.  :(