Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Legal Drinking Age in Equestria?

ghostfacekiller39

drunk_rarity_by_tixolseyerk-d5j1hoo.pngSo, let's assume that there's alcohol in Equestria.

How old must one be to partake in enjoying an alcoholic bevarage?

I, personally, believe that one would have to be 21, as in 'Murica.

I also believe Rarity is by far best pony and secretly hope we will be together one day, but that's off-topic and not even serious, brah.

Yes.

They must be 21 to drink pony beer legally, and I'm right, you're wrong.

• Brohoof 3

Obviously the drinking age is 12 because 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy' was an alcohol episode, and Spike is like 12 and he was on line so he drank cider, so logically, the drinking age is 12.

Also my headcanon is that every single pony ever got drunk after the events of that episode and Luna is the best pony.

• Brohoof 2

Obviously the drinking age is 12 because 'Super Speedy Cider Squeezy' was an alcohol episode, and Spike is like 12 and he was on line so he drank cider, so logically, the drinking age is 12.

Also my headcanon is that every single pony ever got drunk after the events of that episode and Luna is the best pony.

21. Think about it, that's probably the legal age to drink anything alcoholic but let's try not to ignore Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000.

Not once did they claim dat cider tho to be alcoholic, tho.

Cider ain't always alcoholic, bruddas.

Since Spike drank it, one must assume it isn't alcoholic, because the only place where it would be considered socially acceptable for one his age to drink is Russia.

Next topic: Is Equestria Communist?

:lol:

• Brohoof 5

i dont think alcohol exists in equestria... yet.

At least not very strong cider is around 0.7%

You can literally not get drunk, you would likely die of getting watered out. x3

We have only seen them drink cider though.

• Brohoof 4

I have a feeling that the drinking would be a bit younger in Equestria, 18 possibly even as young as 16 (I am going by fanfics here). I read this one hilarious Futurama crossover fic where Bender introduced alcohal to Equestria and it caused a national crisis because everyone went nuts and got shitfaced.

Rainbow dash is the only one confirmed 21 as of pinkie pride. Her birthday cake had 21 candles on it, so she just turned 21 and has been drinking since she was 20.

Good point, but in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 Spike drank cider,and suposing that spike is 12?,we can say that the age can go more down,to the point that,on equestria,you can drink.

But that's only my opinion :)

Good point, but in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 Spike drank cider,and suposing that spike is 12?,we can say that the age can go more down,to the point that,on equestria,you can drink.

But that's only my opinion :)

maybe, but who knows? Perhaps they have non-alcoholic cider for the kids.

maybe, but who knows? Perhaps they have non-alcoholic cider for the kids.

Maybe...but maybe on equestria you can legally drink at younger ages,but,who knows? :P

Pinkie Pie knows

The show is made in Canada.

Therefore, Equestria's legal age is most likely whatever Canada's is.

Canada-Grammar-with-Brian-Poturnak-Eh.jp

That would be 19-18 in most provinces!

In Equestria, old enough to drink is literally, "I'm old enough to drink".  So, who knows what that means. 

Anyways, to begin with we don't even know if alcohol exists in Equestria, so we can't put an age on it. If they did, why would it be 21? The whole world doesn't follow US laws. Also, I doubt they would have a law for it, I think it would just work in the way that parents decide when they let their kids drink..

Rainbow dash is the only one confirmed 21 as of pinkie pride. Her birthday cake had 21 candles on it, so she just turned 21

That doesn't prove anything. The cake is round. We just saw the front of it.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

@Jokuc,

We only saw 1 side of the cake.

Yes I know, I posted the text by mistake :P(stupid keyboard shortcuts >:C )  I was going to mention it in my post but you ninja'd me

Edited by Jokuc

Folks, try to not spam the thread with silliness :P

Anyways, to begin with we don't even know if alcohol exists in Equestria, so we can't put an age on it. If they did, why would it be 21? The whole world doesn't follow US laws. Also, I doubt they would have a law for it, I think it would just work in the way that parents decide when they let their kids drink.

That doesn't prove anything. The cake is round. We just saw the front of it.

so your saying she's 42? I don't think that's right. And They probably meant to show the candles to hint her age anyway, so it doesn't matter if we only saw one side.

so your saying she's 42? I don't think that's right. And They probably meant to show the candles to hint her age anyway, so it doesn't matter if we only saw one side.

Ha! No. Of course I don't think she is 42 :P I think they just wanted a big cake to make it look fancy and then they put candles on it and that's it. I doubt it was a hint to what age she is.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

For one thing, I don't think there is a law about the legal drinking age in Equestria. For another, I don't think it will ever be brought up in the show because of the target demographic.

Lastly, for those of you bringing up Super Speedy Cider Squeezy, you saw how the cider was made, right? They literally just squeezed the juice out of the apples and sold it. That's not hard cider. That's completely non-alcoholic.

• Brohoof 2

Ha! No. Of course I don't think she is 42 :P I think they just wanted a big cake to make it look fancy and then they put candles on it and that's it. I doubt it was a hint to what age she is.

I think it is, why would they show exactly 21 candles otherwise? I know it's not much to go by, but the mane 6 all seem fairly young. And since most do live alone it's not too much to assume that'd be about right.

I think it is, why would they show exactly 21 candles otherwise? I know it's not much to go by, but the mane 6 all seem fairly young. And since most do live alone it's not too much to assume that'd be about right.

Nah. What do you mean "exactly 21 candles" ? If they had 18 candles or 23 candles, would you still say "you could see exactly X candles on the cake, therefore she is this age"

Not all cakes has the number of years as candles. When my family make cakes we just put a bunch candles on them to make it look cool. I'm not saying I'm right but you can't say that anything is confirmed just by looking at the cake :P

Anyways.. back to the drinking, I doubt that ponies would even want to drink alcohol :P And it would never be in the show anyways so basically it doesn't exist there x)

Edited by Jokuc