S04:E13 - Simple Ways  

324 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Overall, episode was really good. Not on my top ten boat (best of all time) but still very enjoyable. AJ and Rarity can be so entertaining together :D

Great, great, great episode!

• Vinyl Scratch, Bulk, Derpy. All in one episode, just great!! Loved this!
  • God, Rarity was on fire today! Loved her in this episode, same with AJ!
  • Glad we got to see more Granny, always love seeing her.
  • When Trender was pointing at ponies, he pointed at Derpy and said "unappreciated". Loved that they threw that in, great job.
  • When Rarity asked if Spike ever felt the way she did, he looked at the camera and raised his eyebrow. Just gold right there.
  • Granny confirmed as cougar.

Great episode, great lesson, and hilarious! What more you ask for?

9.8/10! Would watch it again.

Edited by Sir.Flutter Hooves
  • Brohoof 6

I probably won't write a huge review for this one, but let me just offer my thoughts - that was fun, cute, well-told, the new character was decent, and I think the Brony fandom has gained the most useful moral yet. Who else can foresee people showing anti-Bronies that "If they don't like you for who you are, that's their loss" as a reaction video? ;)

Above everything, I think this episode was a great furthering for Applejack. When I clocked that Applejack would force herself into a couture outfit to try and bring Rarity back to her former self, I thought "Wow... she's really going out on a limb!" It's scored her a load more points from me!

I could offer my thoughts on a lot more anecdotes (and I might edit this post later to do so) but for now, 8.5/10, really good. And tbh, it needed to be good if it's going to follow up a dazzler like Pinkie Pride.

Edited by Cheese Sandwich
  • Brohoof 2

Decent to below average episode. Kind of a recycled idea of Rarity having a love interest that isn't interested in her. She was very annoying throughout most of the episode. It felt kind of rushed too.

Props to the writers for writing Spike pretty well though

Edited by Rivendare

Applejack's reaction for Rarity's behaviour was so hilarious XD And I loved how it was also focused on Spike and not only on Rarity, AJ and this new guy. I hope that every Spike fan was happy about how this episode treated him :)

10/10

easily one of my favorite. the only complaint I could have is: why there's no AJ with her hair down? T.T

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 3

Mixed on this one, kinda on the low end of season 4 and easily my least favorite Rarity episode

Also Trenderhoof got on my nerves.

• Brohoof 3

I liked this episode, it was cute seeing Rarity having a crush but what was the most priceless part of the episode was when Rarity was talking to Spike about how it feels to see a pony you have a crush on obsessing with someone else. The face Spike put up was priceless, Spike was good in the episode. Also, Rarity's southern accent was kind of awkward and just seeing them trying to be the opposites of themselves was funny. Applejack was great in the episode, I enjoyed the episode.

I thought it was cool that Rarity ended with saying "If somepony doesn't like you for who you are it's their loss".

That was a really fun episode, time to get my points across.

• Seeing Rarity and Applejack trying to 1 up each other in what they are not used to, was very funny and entertaining. Just seeing Rarity try to pull off a Southern accent was funny by itself and trying to act like Applejack, plus Applejack wearing that fabulous dress to imitate Rarity's eccentric Mid-Atlantic accent is something to behold.
  • Trenderhoof was something else, Spike is showing his other talents, and I think Rarity almost lost her mind in this episode.
  • Overall, a good episode with a home run. 10/10, a solid A from me.

tumblr_m7qlkji4Yd1rcny7ko1_400.gif

• Brohoof 1

Man, that episode really was a fun adorable little basket case. Time to collect my thoughts, because this one was a real doozy. :wacko:

So, do you guys think that this made three perfects in a row?

Unfortunately, for me... no.

There's been more (near)perfects in a row than that, for me anyway. :P

This episode though... I think it might be, maybe. It was really funny and cute at least. :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I feel so sorry for Spike in this one... Rarity's like "Oh the pain of being ignored and rejected!" and Spike's like... 'yeah... I wonder how that feels...'

Loved AJ in this one xD

Yeah i thought Spike worked pretty well here. At least this didn't really kill off Sparity. Spike seems rather accepting of Rarity having crushes on other's. And that's pretty sweet of him.......

• Brohoof 4

Season 4 has been filled with pleasant surprises.

"Simple Ways" is probably my second favorite episode this season.. behind "Pinkie Pride".

For an episode to beat "Pinkie Pride" though at this point, it probably needs all of the following factors:

1.) Prominent roles from Lyra and/or Bon-Bon, I'd love both but I'll just take one of them.

2.) A strong focus on Pinkie Pie - breaking the 4th wall, being hilarious, essentially making all of us smile OR Pinkie transforming into Pinkamena like in "Party of One".

3.) Discord and his antics

4.) Top-notch songs

5.)A re-appearance of Cranky Doodle Donkey

6.) Princess Celestia trolling Twilight and her friends

Yea... I guess what I'm trying to say is that "Simple Ways" was awesome but it takes a lot for any episode to beat "Pinkie Pride".

• Brohoof 1