Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever get caught?

applejock

Humming or softly singing your fav MLP tune? Lol it so happend today while i was doing laundry, I was humming one of Raritys songs "Art of the Dress" and just hit the chorus when the wife came in behind me and sang it at the top of her lungs "I'M STITCHING TWIIIILIGHTS, DRESSS!"

We both laughed, well she more so after she managed to put my heart back down my throat, lol.

• Brohoof 27

Lol, yes Sweet...tell that to my head as i bounced it off the dryer from suprise. How about this, ever been rocking out to some CMC song on your playlist at a stop sight and either get looks or get a thumbs up from somebody. Lol. You might be suprised at just how well known MLP songs are in the public ear, they might not all know what its from but meh!

• Brohoof 1

I have a 20 year friendship with a guy since we where 10 years old. He and I love aot of similar things. RPG games, MMOs, the same animes, taste in women, etc. We are like brothers born of differnt mothers for real. I introduced him to the show, madehim watch my fav epi (Read it or sleep) he said "meh, pretty good, i see the message, kids must love this" our wives where there...two days later the guys freaking out about how he got a great deal on season 1and2 for free with his best buy card or something. I looked him right in the eyes and leaned in real close (he is a bit shorter then me). We stood like that for a few long seconds before I said....."Rarity is best pony". He gave me a grin i havent seen on him since we where pups and said "No, Pinkie pie is best pony!", lol.

The message is, people juist dont know, but when they are exposed too the universe of Equestria....they become one of the herd!!

• Brohoof 6

Nah. No one would catch me humming any MLP tunes because, to be quite honest, none of them are really memorable enough to me for the melodies to stick in my head for too long. The only melody I can recall off the top of my head is the one to "Apples to the Core", and that's just because the verses have a delightfully silly chromatic element to them. :P

EDIT:

Okay, so the chorus to Winter Wrap Up sometimes sticks in my head as well. XD

Edited by Thrashy
  • Brohoof 1

It really is THAT simple isn't it? I wish people would just stop being so judgemental, pause for a second and ask that all important question; why DO people like it? If they just took the time to get to understand why then well... well things would certainly be easier. :)

I sing or hum the songs from MLP all the time and my family and friends already get used to that xD Sometimes they just look at me awkwardly, but that's it. I even once sang 'Bats!' along with my friend at school, but nobody really paid attention to us, so... 

I frequently humbox (humming with a little percussion) 'smile smile smile' when out and about, and when waiting for my lunch orders ...

I look at it this way, if someone calls me out for humming an MLP tune in public then I would just have to ask them how they know it's an MLP tune??

• Brohoof 1

I haven't been caught humming, but a few times, people have seen my iPad. I have a picture of flutter shy on the lock screen and my OC that you see now for the home screen. People freak out when they see them.

I've been caught on this website by my brother who already knows I'm a brony (I still avoid getting seen), as well as my mom, although she doesn't seem to know what a brony is, so she just walks by and doesn't question it, assuming it's just another forum I go to.

Well, I would sing Discord and Rainbow Factory with my friend, who didn't know what I was singing, until she looked it up, and she found out. But she said it's ok  :derp: . She even said Discord is her favorite character :fiery:  (she babysits).

I whistle non-chalantly, moreso out of habit, than anything else. Usually when I'm studying something or tinkering with something. Pinkie's "Smile Song," is a constant on my "Whistle Radio." So I'm sure everyone at the range, at work, and the garage where I tinker with my car have heard.

My brother who introduced me to the fandom and then left himself (he hasn't even seen season 3 yet :c) walked in on me while I was trying to literally record a acapella version of myself singing winter wrap-up. I couldn't quit singing becaus I didn't want to screw up the record and he just kept looking at me grinning and as soon as I was done he just laughed and walked out... I was so ashamed for some reason that I deleted it and never turned back to it ever again.

I hum to my little pony songs when nobody is around at school. I did mention a my little pony character at school once and nobody knew what I was talking about. They know I like Pokémon, but I never mentioned my little pony, so I have never sung it in front of them.