Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Queen Chrysalis return?

Forlong

queen_chrysalis_by_nastylady-d4y1e1l.png

Queen Chrysalis happens to be my favorite villain, so I think you can guess my answer to the question.  I mean, she was able to curb-stomp Celestia and Twilight.  Yet, because of the nature of her magic, she can be depowered as needed.  Her shape-shifting powers also have a lot of sadistic possibilities.

• Brohoof 3

Depends.

If its just a return for the sake of her returning then I don't see the need as we have the comics for that.

If its for somethong big then I would be okay with it

• Brohoof 1

I really like Chrysalis' design and voice, and I feel like there could be an interesting story there. She shouldn't return without a good reason though. That said I know there are good reasons so she should return!

• Brohoof 2

I agree, Chrysalis really should reappear, she could be developed into a very interesting villain, if handled properly.

I dunno from a plot standpoint, but I know that QC is a badass villain! :D

My problem here is that I dunno how they'd incorporate it into the story. She's not Discord, nor do I think she'd be good in the role he currently plays, and she's already been defeated once and had her plans thwarted, I dunno how they'd use her, to be perfectly honest with ya, m8.

I can't see it working if she were to come back in any capacity, so no :( Too bad, too.

• Brohoof 1

Didn't the international toy fair had a new Chrysalis toy? Don't remember her design very well, but she had blue somewhere, so she might return

sdRmNiz.jpg

Not sure if anything will come of it though.

Though there's something about that outfit that say *gulp*...

reformed

. And I really, REALLY don't want that... >_>

Edited by Jangobadass

I love Chrysalis, I think she is one of the most underrated villains on the show (second only to Sombra). I mean she was able to defeat Celestia, who we thought was an all powerful deity up until that point. But her story was so rushed, and so many plot holes too. I don't see how they would work her back into the show. If they do somehow bring her back, I hope they don't do a fast reformation on her (Might be difficult since the Elements of Harmony, are no longer available).

• Brohoof 2

@Sir Cal Stonehoof,

Discord had already ruined her "all-powerful deity" status (though she (sort of) got him back with that protective spell in Season 3), but Chrysalis sure didn't help.

Edited by Anti-Villain

@Sir Cal Stonehoof,

Discord had already ruined her "all-powerful deity" status (though she (sort of) got him back with that protective spell in Season 3), but Chrysalis sure didn't help.

I have to disagree, even an all powerful deity can be fooled or deceived by a trickster. Discord was playing a game, or a practical joke more so than actually trying to take back the throne. He is the embodiment of Chaos afterall. 

Chryssi actually toppled Celestia, subdued her, and could have take over all of Equestria! This might not have been her original goal, but it would have been possible (Please note, I am going by the show only, I haven't read any of the comics).

The problem with having her return is, as others have said, there needs to be a reason for it. It's the same for any villain or guest character; them coming back needs to be justified for it to properly work.

Now with the comics, sure, it was cool to have her back, but the writers didn't really do anything substantial with her character. She just launched another evil plan with her minions, cackled evilly, got annoyed by the CMC, etc. She didn't any real depth or exploration and her evil plan wasn't THAT original. The arc wasn't a rehash, but it was nothing really groundbreaking and Chrysalis could have been pretty easily replaced here with a new villain.

• Brohoof 3

I'd love to see her come back, but for what reason? I have no idea. I'm sure the writers would figure something out.

She is my fave villain.

Depends.
If its just a return for the sake of her returning then I don't see the need as we have the comics for that.
If its for somethong big then I would be okay with it

Some people (like me) don't have access to the comics though.

• Brohoof 1

Plus what will she do on the story if she is there?

Taking Twilight's place and gradually draining her friends to neutralize them as a threat.

She should return only if she remains a serious villain. Hell, if anything she should be even scarier.

How exactly would they manage that?

that clothing looks more seductive than reformed to be honest.

Also is that actually the glorious queen Chrysalis?

If you say so.  I'm not here to judge.