Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you believed when you were younger

Fishy Stick

I thought that The Black Market was a place, you know, like a normal market but with guns and bombs and Celestia knows what!

Edited by Bonovvici
  • Brohoof 1

Couldn't help but notice that this thread is fairly new. I know there was an older one of these somewhere... I definitely replied to that one multiple times...

• I thought babies were grown in your stomach.
  • I used to believe the supernatural entity was always looking to pull you towards the sky because whenever I would stare at a nighttime sky while moving with the stars in the front seat (yeah, I got to go in the front seat a few times when I was young) I would get this indescribable frightening pulling feeling kinda like those creepy falling feelings you get when you fall asleep. Everything would zoom in and it felt so creepy and real. 
  • I always got that Harry Potter magical world feeling whenever I felt particularly bored or longing. I always believed that some supernatural person would take me away eventually to a magical world full of cultures and such. (TBH, I kinda still do. I still think anything can be possible and real)
  • I thought that if you based naked in the light of a full moon long enough you'd become a werewolf. (Yeah, I was pretty young too- is it unusual to have ambiguously perverse dreams (bcuz naekid) at the age of 7?)
  • I watched movies a lot when I was little- heck, I watched stuff on TV a lot- kids cartoons on PBS and good ol' Nintendo 64 games. I somewhat understood the false concept of "using 100% of your brain" and I believed if I hung upside long enough while thinking hard- another strong feeling I got when I was younger- I think it was lack of circulation honestly- that you'd float. (IDK? I was weird kid)
  • I would use towels as wings a lot when I was a kid- I know nearly everyone wants to fly but I REALLY wanted to fly. xD I used to think if you flapped hard enough with enough frequency you could actually fly- with human abilities, of course. I would often get a huge urge to jump off high places when I was kid just to prove it could happen- That I could flap myself from atop of our 7 footish bookshelf to our refrigerator. I never actually did it though- thank goodness.
  • Puberty until I actually reached it at about 11/10 (I dunno 5th grade) was completely unknown to me. I thought breasts were a genetic heritage thing with females that were moms and or more girly. Never thought I would get em'. I didn't want them either. Still don't. I also thought guys's voices changed like a girls- over time and not so drastically. Your voice box would sound different with how big you were. Macho men get the deep voices and littler ones get the tenor voices. (This is hardly the case)

What was my childhood? I dunno- I'm kinda still distantly in the clouds even today. xD Sorry for telling you these horrible things.

I would play pretend a lot, still do. But I am just naturally curious. I would mix chalk together and try to make something new out of it. Like actually grind it down and add water to see if it would change into something else. So there weren't a lot of things that I would call 'stupid.' Some of my adventures in electricity weren't exactly brilliant, or chemistry for that matter.  >_>

The single most idiotic thing I believed was that my parents cared about me. The next is that my teachers were helpful. It took me until I was 16 to figure those things out. I guess I should have known better when I was bed-ridden for 3 days and no one bother to clean up the vomit next to my bed. I did that on day 3 and then went straight back to bed for another whole day. I'm just glad I thought to get some water to keep bedside before I collapsed. And my teachers... Looking back I can see the signs, but I don't think I could have done any different without additional knowledge.

Wow... Honestly, I'm not sure if I really believed many stupid things...

I stopped believing in Santa at a normal time... Same with the tooth fairy.... I did have a big imagination though...

Really... Really... Big....

(I think that the babies are in the stomach part is the only silly thing I believed as a kid)

• Brohoof 2

I used to think I was a vampire. And not the "sexy" kinds of vampires from Twilight, I'm talking about real vampires. You know, the ones who couldn't go out into the sunlight, turned into bats, and drank blood. I based this off of the fact that my canines (just like everyone else's) were a bit pointy. But I mean, come on! That was the only logical conclusion that one could draw from such an observation!

Edited by The Fortunato

I thought girls liked idiots, and macho guys. I made a fool out of myself.  :blush:

When I was 5, I thought if I caught the Tooth Fairy, I'd get $100. Then I grew up...

I thought girls had penises. Boy, my reaction when finding out what they have was priceless.  :blink:

The Manta Rays from Super Mario Sunshine were real.

One time, I looked in the bathroom once in my old house, were the laundry room and the bathroom were the same room, and the laundry door was opened, giving off light. The laundry light looked like a Manta Ray, and so I had a freaking panic attack.

Also,

I used to think Browns Cows gave off Chocolate Milk. And no, I don't mean adding genetic engineering and stuff like that to the cow. I mean, I thought it came STRAIGHT from Brown Cows.

I thought every cartoon character was real. Spongebob, Thomas, The Simpsons.. you name it. 

Since I only went to Chuck E. Cheese 3 times, all in the same grade (2nd), until then, I used to think Chuck E. Cheese REALLY was there. Mainly because some kid at preschool told me that.

..then I went there and it turned out to be a guy in a costume.

I was asked "if God can do anything, can he make a rock he can't pick up?"

I replied: "well, if he is omnipresent, one presence could make it and pick it up, the other couldn't make it, and all similarities, so since they're the same person, they both can and can't."

I got a stunned response, so I thought I was infinitely smarter than everyone else.

I also had some delusion that I love my mother so much that I wanted to marry her. Looking back on that, I just about throw up XD

First of all, because I saw the movie, The Santa Clause with Tim Allen when I was no younger than 5, I sorta already found out about the No Santa Claus thing before my parents told me in middle school. I still believe in the joyous representations of him to this day.

Oh, here's one: As a kid watching television, I wasn't aware of the "camera" being able to fly around the scene. So camera "spin-arounds" like in Lion King when Mufasa was telling young Simba how "everything the light touches is our kingdom" and in Gargoyles when Goliath's clan first awakens in New York, I actually thought the camera stayed still while the thing the characters were standing on was turning.

Also, I thought the inside of the shower drain was ALWAYS lit like the lights in the bathroom.  

I thought I was the only person with my name in history. When informed otherwise, I was stunned by the thought that all those famous people who had come before me had copied my name. Looking back, this would have made a lot more sense if time travel was a thing.

Funny story, when i was about 4 i still had a bad problem with sucking my thumb (i know what ur gunna say LLOOOLLL XD ) but she mixed vinigar and baking soda to make a foamy concoction and she stuck my thumb in it and said  " this it poison and if you suck your thumb again you will die" and i was like WHAT!!! and i never sucked my thumb again then 2 months later i found out she was lying when i overheard her laughing about it with my dad, is was the meanist thing she has ever done but also the funniest i had to give that to her :P

This is going to sound gross, but I like to eat frozen fries and tater tots. Not in excess, though. Usually I just grab one or two while I'm making them. Anyway, I've been doing this ever since I was little, but at one point my mum got sick of me and my brother sneaking frozen ones while she was preparing to cook them and told us we would get worms if we ate frozen fries. XD It worked for awhile...I don't remember ever eating them frozen again until I was like twelve or thirteen and realised she was making it up.

Edited by LostButterflyUtau

I thought that i was

a unicorn that got

trapped in a human body

due to magic.  Watched

the last unicorn waaaay to

much as a kid.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 years later...

.A lot of 90s and early 2000s cartoons used to sort of promote the  "When a mommy and a daddy love each other very much" kind of explanation to Children...

It got to the point that Young me believed that if you tell a girl you loved them,  the words would cause her to make a baby... O_O

• Brohoof 1