Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Stupid things you believed when you were younger

Fishy Stick

I believed adults actually had magical eyes somewhere in the back of their head! I also believed that animals and toys could talk and understand us, but were under some sort of oath never to reveal it to humans. :P

Now that I think of it, when I was very little, I was afraid to be around pregnant women because I thought the baby would just come flying out of their stomach when it was time. :please:

Edited by Lady Kiriness
  • Brohoof 4

I believed adults actually had magical eyes somewhere in the back of their head! I also believed that animals and toys could talk and understand us, but were under some sort of oath never to reveal it to humans. :P

Now that I think of it, when I was very little, I was afraid to be around pregnant women because I thought the baby would just come flying out of their stomach when it was time. :please:

I laughed so hard!  :lol: </d00d>

Phone police - I was told to behave and not to cuss.  :awuh:

• Brohoof 2

I used to think the word "island" was pronounced the way it's spelled.  Stupid me!

To us it is spelled and pronounced like that :(

In any case, as a kid, I used to believe that the English were the best footballers in the world..... then I started watching German football as I got older  B)

Oh, and I believed that every single parrot in the world could actually talk, but most of them were just hiding it  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

There was this TV show that my mom watched, which had a segment in which they separately interviewed famous couples to see how much they knew about each other, in the end depending of how many answers they got right they would say if they were the "ideal couple" or not. I thought all couples had to go through that and if they didn't pass they couldn't get married, it didn't help that I asked my parents if they had done it and they said that they had gotten all answers correct  :lol:

When I was young I used to believe that we were living on a beautiful and peaceful world, then I grow up and discover the reality. Since that day, I try to survive in this crazy world full of maniacs, and MLP helped me to keep hope and faith that somewhere, may be on another planet or in a parallele universe, there is a world where everything is quiet, lovely and where people live in peace and are nice with each other.
Yeah I was kind of dumb when I was a kid...

• Brohoof 4

When I was really young, I thought that all dogs were male and all cats were female for some strange reason. The idea of a female dog or a male cat sounded really alien to me at the time.  :please:

I thought my emotions controlled the weather. When I was angry, the wind would blow hard, sad, it would rain, etc.

I thought the guy in the Chuck E. Cheese costume at CEC lived there, and I also thought it was the same person in the costume every single day.

• Brohoof 1

When I was very young my family had to move in with my grandparents, and to keep me out of my grandparents' bedroom, my parents would always tell me that they had a pet crocodile in there. That always kept me out.

Stupid things that I, a child of the '80s, believed/ :P

* If you swallowed tomato seeds, they would grow inside you.

* If you swallowed chewing or bubble gum, it would stay inside your body for seven years. After that, it would choke you to death.

* If you didn't jump over the top of the escalator, you would be sucked under and trapped inside the escalator forever.

* Pop rocks and sherbet contained drugs. (No, I didn't stop eating them.)

* Green smarties were drugs. (Ditto.)

* There were three dead teachers buried in the wall of the girls' toilets at my primary school, cuz there was a red stain on the wall.

* Back in the old days, the world was black and white.

* If you flushed the loo while sitting on it, you'd be sucked inside.

* The staff room at school had a bar in it, and teachers actually lived there after school.

* People living in Australian walked about upside down.

* White milk came from white cows and chocolate milk came from brown cows. I gave up this belief when I discovered strawberry milk, and realised that there were no pink cows.

* That an old lady who lived in the village was a witch, cuz she had a cat and swept the porch with a broomstick. My friends and I used to avoid her house in case she put a spell on us.

* If you don't hold your breath while passing a graveyard, a ghost will come and get you at midnight.

* If you sneeze with your eyes open, your eyes fall out.

• Brohoof 1

i believed that monsters lived in the bath plug hole so for years I was always scared of draining the bath afterwards. my mum had to do it for me, then i got to a point where I would pull the plug then run out of the bathroom as it drained so the monster wouldnt get me.

I think it came as a fear from seeing large spiders climb out of it. 

its not so stupid, but we used to be firm believers of a dragon living in a cave at our holiday home, its actually a cave created by blasting at the local slate quarry, but when we first noticed it there were a few dead burnt out race cars at the back of it, so dragon seemed like a normal accusation for a bunch of kids.  

Theyve blocked off the cave since so we cant explore it anymore, but we like to tell the younger generations that come with us that a dragon lives there =3

I once believed that eating any meat that had pink in it would kill you no matter what. I was sorta traumatized by that my first time eating a steak that was done medium rare. I freaked out about it. That paranoia still sorta sticks with me today. I don't want to see any pink in meat before I eat it.

​I used to think that if I didn't get my period at a certain time, it meant I was pregnant.  I would seriously consider the fact that aliens came into my room and impregnated me when I was sleeping.  Didn't really think that it was just late lol...  That happened every single time​ my period was late until I figured how dumb that sounded and stopped with that nonsense.

• Brohoof 1

A lot lol.

I was the kind to be gullible, believe everyone's beliefs on metaphysics/supernatural/divine/etc 

I ended up in some weird chat rooms with toxic behavior, sleep deprived, crazy and paranoid. A heck of a lot of life stresses too then. I was the kind to research all the supernatural stuff trying to science it, such a MoonDancer/Twilight lol.

Now I am highly rational oriented.

Well when I was 9-10 years old I believed I was some sort of futuristic robot but a couple of years later I learned that it was just my computer based way of thinking. Even to this day my brain has been functioning as if it was a computer from the future and my personality working off a huge part of the file system. But still it makes it easier to understand new things and edit my personally logic!!! :)

• Brohoof 1