Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The afterlife, what do you think happens?

Noble

I typically don't like to think about death as a mere concept. I personally fear it. Just thought of it sends chills down my spine.

But, I have to say that, when we die, our eternal soul is ripped from our bodies and sent to a different realm. There are two realms; Heaven and Hell. Heaven is really the place where everything is perfect, and you essentially live forever. You finally find peace forever and you live the eternity in happiness.

Hell is quite the opposite.

• Brohoof 2

Like many have stated already, I believe that once you die you simply cease to exist, just like before you were born. Reincarnation and stuff like that would be nice, but it just seems like wishful thinking to me. I can't see it happening logically.

So we're going to float around in eternal nothing?

I'd like to think either there is an afterlife, or that we reincarnate. I've read a lot of interesting things about kids remembering past lives. Maybe we reincarnate, then? I don't know that I'd want to come back to Earth though. The future will probably suck.

Also, I've had way too many weird experiences to think that death is simply the end. As a small kid, I apparently claimed to see my dead great grandma, of who I've never met before on several occasions. One of my cousins has seen "angels" before, and another has seen what seems to be a friendly ghost.

I have also seen orbs in the middle of the night before. I've also felt this warm, euphoric feeling before that usually occurs the same nights I encounter the orbs. It covers my whole body, and lulls me to sleep.

I don't know if Death is the end, or not. I don't believe it is. What comes next? I'm not sure, but I don't think it's just a black void. If it is though, it won't be so bad because we won't be aware of it.

Also, I read something interesting on the internet about reincarnation. Heaven is the place you go once you've learned all your lessons. Hell is Earth, and you come back here until you get things right.

Edited by Mikami
  • Brohoof 1

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." -Fredrich Nietzsche

This means just because you can't see or hear something doesn't mean it isn't there. Look at the wind, where is the wind? Where is the wind going? When is the wind coming? Why is the wind coming? We don't know the answers to these questions but we still believe in the wind.

I'm actually a Unitarian Universalist that follows the New Testament. My statement was meaning that people seem to believe that if you do not follow the standard Christian doctrine then you immediately go to Hell.

Where is the wind? - Everywhere, it is the flow of gases on a large scale.

Where is it going? - Apparently it's going north at 4mph - Manchester, England (search for weather)

When is the wind coming? - Same as the above, look at a weather forecast.

Why is it coming? - Convection causing gases to move is one reason. Different atmospheric pressures is another.

So actually, we do know these answers. The standard Christian doctrine of Heaven and Hell is to make you fearful that if you do certain things then you will be punished eternally. Heaven and Hell don't exist and that is coming straight from the mouth of someone who very seriously follows Jesus' teachings.

Edited by EllEssEss
  • Brohoof 2

I typically don't like to think about death as a mere concept. I personally fear it. Just thought of it sends chills down my spine.

But, I have to say that, when we die, our eternal soul is ripped from our bodies and sent to a different realm. There are two realms; Heaven and Hell. Heaven is really the place where everything is perfect, and you essentially live forever. You finally find peace forever and you live the eternity in happiness.

Hell is quite the opposite.

That's a better way to put it than @MustLoveCats 

BUT HERES A QUESTION FOR ALL!!!

Explain why there are paranormal anomalies!

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to think either there is an afterlife, or that we reincarnate. I've read a lot of interesting things about kids remembering past lives. Maybe we reincarnate, then? I don't know that I'd want to come back to Earth though. The future will probably suck.

Also, I've had way too many weird experiences to think that death is simply the end. As a small kid, I apparently claimed to see my dead great grandma, of who I've never met before on several occasions. One of my cousins has seen "angels" before, and another has seen what seems to be a friendly ghost.

I have also seen orbs in the middle of the night before. I've also felt this warm, euphoric feeling before that usually occurs the same nights I encounter the orbs. It covers my whole body, and lulls me to sleep.

I don't know if Death is the end, or not. I don't believe it is. What comes next? I'm not sure, but I don't think it's just a black void. If it is though, it won't be so bad because we won't be aware of it.

Also, I read something interesting on the internet about reincarnation. Heaven is the place you go once you've learned all your lessons. Hell is Earth, and you come back here until you get things right.

Demons don't always come as monsters under the bed. (You can quote me on that.)

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually a Unitarian Universalist that follows the New Testament. My statement was meaning that people seem to believe that if you do not follow the standard Christian doctrine then you immediately go to Hell.

Where is it going? - Apparently it's going north at 4mph - Manchester, England (search for weather)

Why is it coming? - Convection causing gases to move is one reason. Different atmospheric pressures is another.

So actually, we do know these answers. The standard Christian doctrine of Heaven and Hell is to make you fearful that if you do certain things then you will be punished eternally. Heaven and Hell don't exist and that is coming straight from the mouth of someone who very seriously follows Jesus' teachings.

I believe that heaven and hell was made to scare people as well. I bet that's why christians are so successful.

• Brohoof 2

I like to think that death is just the end of one chapter and the beginning of another. I'd like to believe that something more awaits us beyond that barrier and we get to finally be reunited with all those we've said goodbye to once again. I've already lost both my sister and grandparents, and now my Dad is almost ready to go home so I have to keep faith that I don't have to say goodbye to any of them forever and someday when I'm an old man fading away, surrounded by loved ones someone will come for me and take me home. 

"You see. No shock. No engulfment. No tearing asunder. What you feared would come like an explosion is like a whisper. What you thought was the end is the beginning."

The Angel of Death, The Twilight Zone.

As for the whole "heaven and hell" argument. I think someone has to do some pretty horrific and inhuman things to get condemned. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 3

You don't know the slightest idea of Christianity.

• Brohoof 1

I believe that heaven and hell was made to scare people as well. I bet that's why christians are so successful.

This is why I don't follow the old testament because it shows God as someone being vengeful and extremely Satanic. Specific examples include The Ten Commandments, the first four of which are about God being jealous of other Gods and religions. The Binding of Isaac is another example in which God asked a man to murder his own son.

You don't know the slightest idea of Christianity.

You didn't address any of the points that I made with a counter-argument and instead use a single sentence claiming I know nothing of the religion that I have been brought up for the last 17 years of my life, attending a strict Catholic primary and secondary school during those 17 years and I'm now attending a Catholic college and I am doing an A Level in Christian Studies. I already passed a GCSE in Christian Studies with an A. #FightMeIRLOL

Your analogy was bullshit and was completely irrelevant because we have answers to the questions you were asking. Heaven and Hell are answers to a question that doesn't need answers. If you spend your life living in fear of going to Hell then you've wasted it.

Edited by EllEssEss
  • Brohoof 3

I am sorry I am not a troll, at first I just did not know I was fooled by a false site.

This is why I don't follow the old testament because it shows God as someone being vengeful and extremely Satanic. Specific examples include The Ten Commandments, the first four of which are about God being jealous of other Gods and religions. The Binding of Isaac is another example in which God asked a man to murder his own son.

You didn't address any of the points that I made with a counter-argument and instead use a single sentence claiming I know nothing of the religion that I have been brought up for the last 17 years of my life, attending a strict Catholic primary and secondary school during those 17 years and I'm now attending a Catholic college and I am doing an A Level in Christian Studies.

Your analogy was bullshit and was completely irrelevant because we have answers to the questions you were asking. Heaven and Hell are answers to a question that doesn't need answers. If you spend your life living in fear of going to Hell then you've wasted it.

As for the Binding of Isaac, God was just testing Abraham's faith in him, he wouldnt really have made Abraham kill Isaac. Remember it says before Isaac was killed, Abraham found a sheep and used it instead of Isaac. As for the first four of the ten commandments, he does not want us to worhsip false gods because they arent real.

You didn't address any of the points that I made with a counter-argument and instead use a single sentence claiming I know nothing of the religion that I have been brought up for the last 17 years of my life, attending a strict Catholic primary and secondary school during those 17 years and I'm now attending a Catholic college and I am doing an A Level in Christian Studies.

Binding of Isaac is a game though, but it does add some meat to what you're saying. Sadly, I don't know much about religion nor do I care to know more about it. I'm just the WWII loving, science/math geek-engineering guy type.

• Brohoof 1

Three Wolf Moon, on 29 Dec 2013 - 3:52 PM, said:

This is why religion is so successful as a whole, I believe. Humans have used religion as a weapon throughout history. To control through fear, that is terrorism, right?

Muffin_bag123, on 29 Dec 2013 - 3:52 PM, said:

Demons don't always come as monsters under the bed. (You can quote me on that.)

So if there are demons, then there must be more to life we don't know about right? Like an afterlife? Spirits? Reincarnation? Something, at least?

• Brohoof 3

Well our bodies decays and we don't live anymore?

That's all there is to it imo. Nothing happens. We don't see black or white cause when we're dead we are dead.

I am sorry I am not a troll, at first I just did not know I was fooled by a false site.

As for the Binding of Isaac, God was just testing Abraham's faith in him, he wouldnt really have made Abraham kill Isaac. Remember it says before Isaac was killed, Abraham found a sheep and used it instead of Isaac. As for the first four of the ten commandments, he does not want us to worhsip false gods because they arent real.

I apologise for the troll comment. False sites can convince the best of us sometimes.

Other God's are real to people who believe in them, it is your opinion and nothing more that makes them false gods. The standard Christian doctrines show God also wiping out an entire race of people, the Canaanites, which included every man, woman and child.

That's a better way to put it than @MustLoveCats 

BUT HERES A QUESTION FOR ALL!!!

Explain why there are paranormal anomalies!

I shouldn't really need to explain. I like to think that there's something to be had after death. It can't just be 80 years or so... and then that's it.

So we're going to float around in eternal nothing?

Yeah, I mean that's just how I see it. Not even sure if floating around would be the right way to put it. You wouldn't have any sense of floating nor time. You're just lost forever. Sounds kind of sad, but at the same time I think that's what makes life worth living. You're only able to live your life just once, so you should try to live it the way you want to as much as you can.

Binding of Isaac is a game though, but it does add some meat to what you're saying. Sadly, I don't know much about religion nor do I care to know more about it. I'm just the WWII loving, science/math geek-engineering guy type.

The Binding of Isaac is not a game. It is a Biblical story in which God commands a man to kill his own son to do nothing more than test his faith in him.

I shouldn't really need to explain. I like to think that there's something to be had after death. It can't just be 80 years or so... and then that's it.

Unless they refuse to leave the world.....

The Binding of Isaac is not a game. It is a Biblical story in which God commands a man to kill his own son to do nothing more than test his faith in him.

It wasn't a game? Damn I thought it was. That shows how much I know about religion!

• Brohoof 1

You didn't address any of the points that I made with a counter-argument and instead use a single sentence claiming I know nothing of the religion that I have been brought up for the last 17 years of my life, attending a strict Catholic primary and secondary school during those 17 years and I'm now attending a Catholic college and I am doing an A Level in Christian Studies. I already passed a GCSE in Christian Studies with an A. #FightMeIRLOL

Oh...o_O Catholic vs Baptist #shit's_goin'_down

I made a mistake, I'll admit that, but we are two vastly different forms of Christianity. We would have to go at each other before we tackle this subject.

And the binding of Issac? God didn't let Abraham sacrifice his own son.

• Brohoof 1

This is why religion is so successful as a whole, I believe. Humans have used religion as a weapon throughout history. To control through fear, that is terrorism, right?

So if there are demons, then there must be more to life we don't know about right? Like an afterlife? Spirits? Reincarnation? Something, at least?

That sounds about right to me, though, some people are still sane in this world and just let those who don't believe be. Unlike someone in this thread....

Oh...o_O Catholic vs Baptist #shit's_goin'_down

I made a mistake, I'll admit that, but we are two vastly different forms of Christianity. We would have to go at each other before we tackle this subject.

And the binding of Issac? God didn't let Abraham sacrifice his own son.

God would've let Abraham sacrifice his own son but thankfully Abraham had the good idea to use a ram that he saw in some bushes instead. God was more than willing to let it happen.

Feel free to PM me having a go at me, I really do love debating about religion with anyone, I find it enjoyable and you seem quite educated on this.

Christianity still uses the same "brick and mortar" Bible and stories no matter what denomination you come from so I disagree with the Baptist VS Catholic differences argument.

Unless they refuse to leave the world.....

It wasn't a game? Damn I thought it was. That shows how much I know about religion!

My friend thought this as well... #WheatleyCoreMyDarlingXD

• Brohoof 1

God would've let Abraham sacrifice his own son but thankfully Abraham had the good idea to use a ram that he saw in some bushes instead. God was more than willing to let it happen.

Feel free to PM me having a go at me, I really do love debating about religion with anyone, I find it enjoyable and you seem quite educated on this.

Christianity still uses the same "brick and mortar" Bible and stories no matter what denomination you come from so I disagree with the Baptist VS Catholic differences argument.

My friend thought this as well... #WheatleyCoreMyDarlingXD

Lol, The minds of teens/older teens now a days...

• Brohoof 1

You eat Waffles with Mike Tyson and Gandhi in a Honky Tonk, laden with fiddle music and old drunk Cowboys.

:D

I still think my explanation of the afterlife is the best one :D

My real philosophy, not the one I quoted, on this subject matter is that we literally just stop living. No afterlife, no nothing. We're unaware that we're dead, we're unaware of everything; we're just dead. No more, no less.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

Three Wolf Moon, on 29 Dec 2013 - 4:08 PM, said:

That sounds about right to me, though, some people are still sane in this world and just let those who don't believe be. Unlike someone in this thread....

I'd like to think I'm one of those sane people.

Also, It bothers me when people try to forcefully convert others. Whether you're trying to convince someone to believe in the Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster, or that there is no deity/deities at all. I find that it's better just to live, and let live. I'm not saying that you can't debate/talk about your differences, but beliefs shouldn't be spread by the sword.

• Brohoof 3