technology What Social Network do you use the most?

Mushroom Mutate

What Social Network do you use the most?  

37 users have voted

1. 1. What Social Network do you use the most?

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Tumblr
    • MySpace
    • Instagram
    • Vine
    • Reddit
    • None of the above (or below)
    • MLP forums
    • Youtube

Facebook is the only social network I use.  I held out for quite a while until I got one late last year.  Why I do not have other ones:

• Twitter: I don't see much need for it.
  • Instagram, Snapchat, etc: I don't have very many friends and I loathe selfies.
  • Google+: As a Google user, this has driven me up the wall, making me hate it.
  • Others: Not enough users

I go to YouTube every single day if you can call that a social network, becuase I love watching short videos of funny cats, gaming and ponies and other stuff.

Edited by Brawny Boulder

Facebook is the only social network I use.  I held out for quite a while until I got one late last year.  Why I do not have other ones:

• Twitter: I don't see much need for it.
  • Instagram, Snapchat, etc: I don't have very many friends and I loathe selfies.
  • Google+: As a Google user, this has driven me up the wall, making me hate it.
  • Others: Not enough users

Well, people use Twitter mainly to just keep up with celebrities. That's the general point for it. If you don't like celebrities then there really is no point for it.

• Brohoof 1

MLP Forums almost all the time.... Rarely Facebook (I'll go on like once or twice a month to check up on a coupld things).. I don't usually go on Twitter except when, well actually I can't remember the last time I was xD
And the rest of those are just useless to me. Well Twitter is too, idk why I have it >.>

In the list, I use instagram most, but I didn't know it was a social network. But then reddit rarly. But still, I actually use this one the most. More than instagram or the others. And I hate facebook. Don't know why I had to mention it, but dang I hate facebook.

I used to log into Facebook a lot, but its been quiet there, lately, :(.  Twitter, I tend to jump on it, to see with 343Industries have in stock when it comes to Halo, as well as talking to them.   However, I rather hang out on these forums or Halo Waypoint, b/c you basically talk to people all the time. 

No facebook. No twitter. No myspace. No social media. Sites where people express their passion to an idea/concept or artistic interest is different. Facebook is a factitious egotistical drama fest, and Twitter is TMI for either the cats to concerned with everyones business, or the people that need to make sure every last life thought/detail is on record. Screw Social Media, it's rounding up and profiling the people with any individuality, but better yet trying to break peoples individuality down. They want you to be a sex symbol glamor slave, as much cleavage, booty shorts, and shirtless guys as possible, more connected networks, more people's names to falsely link to apps and ads. It's truly idiotic, and I apologize to anyone that uses them. If you disagree, don't waste your time explaining to me why, just agree to disagree, and continue to polute your mind with factitous feelings of importance because your "going to applebees status got 54 likes, and 9 people retweeted your "swag status".

• Brohoof 1

Personally I use a lot of Facebook to keep up with friends and stuff. Per capita I actually lurk more on Reddit and Tumblr, but I don't have accounts on either of those sites. It's more to keep track of stuff I like.

I only use facebook to talk to friends, and to check out my wall which is mostly Pokemon stuff.

I want to use Tumblr more. It's one of the only social networks that actually interests me.

I check this forum out every single day, so it's easily my most used social network.

• 10 years later...

Interesting question, I'm actually going to rank all the social media I use, including forums, with a short description of my journey in them and how much time I spend using them:

1. Youtube, used everyday, usually for 10 hours, sometimes more than that, that's mostly because I like to watch videos while drawing. But I barely comment or interact, I used to do that a lot years ago.
  2. MLP Forums, used everyday, usually for 5 hours or more, I spend a lot of time writing posts and reading through the posts of other members.
  3. Derpibooru, used everyday, usually for 1 hour at best, but I barely comment or interact.
  4. Gelbooru, same as Derpibooru, but I never comment or interact.
  5. Kanzenshuu Forum, used almost every day, usually less than an hour. I do interact there sometimes. I used to be more active years ago.
  6. DeviantArt, used almost every day, less than an hour, barely comment or interact.
  7. Facebook, used every week, less than an hour. barely comment or interact. Used to interact and be a lot more active until the middle of 2023.
  8. Twitter/Tumblr/Reddit, used every week, for 30 minutes at best. Never comment or interact. I used to interact and be a bit more active in the two for a short time.

And I would also like to mention the social media/sites I used to visit or that visited once, but now I don't use them anymore.

• Sonic Retro Forum, used to visit it everyday, the time I spent on it was almost the same as MLP Forums. Abandoned in June 2023.
  • Instagram, I used to post my art there, I used it weekly, usually for a few minutes. Abandoned in February 2024.
  • Koo, this was a social network that a lot of people from Twitter (mostly Brazilians) decided to switch to in between the end of 2022 and the beginning of 2023, I used it for a few minutes because of a friend but never used it again. 
  • TikTok, same as Koo, I used it just for a few minutes at some point in the first half of 2023 to watch a Sonic video that I couldn't find anywhere.

I think that's pretty much it. Damn, The Pone sites really got the power here :lookup:

The only social network I often use is Discord. I use YouTube daily but I don’t consider it a social network but more of an entertainment network. I do use Facebook but not very often.

• Brohoof 1

I used to be on Facebook, but I deleted my account because the site was buggy and irritating. I thought I’d try others but I can’t figure out Twitter/X, Instagram or Discord; they just don’t make sense to me for some reason. So right now, MLP Forums are my one and only. 

• smile 1
  • Hugs 1

I tend to think of social networks as places to post pictures of yourself and collect "friends".

I just like having places to talk about stuff. So it they count mine are MLPForum, Reddit, and Goodreads.

• Brohoof 1