Are you scared of needles?

Legacy Dash

129 users have voted

1. 1. Needles?

• Scared of them.
    • Ok with 'em.
    • Love 'em <3

• 1 year later...

Not anymore. I used to when I was young because kids at school liked to be scared of them, and liked to spread fear around.

Needles don't really hurt. Injection can hurt, but all the vaccines I have taken the last year or so did not hurt at all.

• Brohoof 1

Shots have been a regular part of my life for over three years now due to illness. I'm quite used to them now. I know the pain will be short, so that's okay. Steroid shots, however, are bad enough to make me nervous. I haven't had to have one in well over a year now, thankfully.

I have to take a blood test basically once every two to three months. I've been doing this for over the last 10 years, so I've gotten used to them. Of course I used to be afraid, but now needles are like nothing.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

um yeah!

isnt everyone?

(to be clear my phobia of needles isnt any reason why I'm not vaxxed for covid, I've just decided to wait for now for various reasons)

21 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

Depends what they contain. :P

(i can have them with them depending on circumstance but yeah lol)

Edited by The Inigo Simp

If they're pointed away from me: no.

If they're pointed towards me: yes.

I have no problem giving shots(we have cattle, lots of vaccines multiple times a year), but I hate getting them myself. Too many bad experiences. 

I'm okay with it, of course not the best entertainment you can have in your free time.

The act of getting a shot itself (needle) is actually not a problem. At least I have good doctors and I've never felt anything.

On the other hand taking blood samples from my arm affects me really strongly every time.

• Brohoof 1

Still have a shot to take for my tick TBE protection, which will be somewhere around January. I am not the least afraid. Needles are very fine and tiny nowadays and rarely hurt. If they do, it isn't a big deal anymore.

• Brohoof 1

On 2021-08-29 at 5:49 PM, Cash_In said:

I have to take a blood test basically once every two to three months. I've been doing this for over the last 10 years, so I've gotten used to them. Of course I used to be afraid, but now needles are like nothing.

Similar for me. I have to get blood drawn several times a year to check thyroid function. Got over my fear of needles pretty fast.

I usually look the other way tho when getting poked. 

• 2 months later...

I used to be extremely afraid of needles up until a few years ago.

Growing up, my experiences with needles were always painful. But then when I needed to get some extra shots before starting college, they just went in and I didn't feel a thing. Now I'm able to take needles like a champ :P 

• 3 weeks later...