Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight: The new Celestia

ernesth100

What if Twilight becomes tall with a longer mane and tail like Celestia? What if her personality becomes MUCH more serious as the new Celestia? Would you be comfortable with these changes?

• Brohoof 1

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

If that happened, then I would be done with MLP. The Twilight I knew and loved would definitely be gone forever if she became like Celestia!

The worst part is that it may actually happen somewhere along the line. I'm terrified of that and all.

• Brohoof 8

Nah, breh. Ain't gonna happen. One could say right off the bat that it'd piss off the fans, right? Well, besides that, it would make the show kinda awkward. Imagine Twilight chillin' with her homegirls when she's, like, triple their size. It'd be like Yao Ming hanging around a group of midgets.

Edited by Rockymoo
  • Brohoof 3

I actually like the theory that Celestia hand-chose Twilight because she knows that when she steps down, Twilight would be the best replacement.

It's a pretty credible possibility.

Twilight is an all-powerful being and is probably more powerful than Celestia herself.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight is an all-powerful being and is probably more powerful than Celestia herself.

I mean not offense but I must disagree with you one this. Twilight as of yet has shown no power boost in her magic or power and on the possibly being more power then Princess Celestia... come back when Twilight can control the sun and moon by herself.

-----------------------------

Lauren Faust said during interview she had always intended that Twilight became Celestia's successor Though she would later clarify that those words didn't mean she intended twilight to be an alicorn or princess... personally I questioned her on that second part as what would the successor of a princess become but a princess herself?

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

I mean not offense but I must disagree with you one this. Twilight as of yet has shown no power boost in her magic or power and on the possibly being more power then Princess Celestia... come back when Twilight can control the sun and moon by herself.

-----------------------------

Lauren Faust said during interview she had always intended that Twilight became Celestia's successor Though she would later clarify that those words didn't mean she intended twilight to be an alicorn or princess... personally I questioned her on that second part as what would the successor of a princess become but a princess herself?

No I meant that's my theory on it. I wasn't trying to state a fact

I think something bigger is going on with Celestia and Luna.. either their age is finally catching up with them or they feel its time to leave Equestria, this could explain why theres 4 princesses..

i dont know, but we have to wait now D:

Please, we all know Fluttershy is the next Celestia.

mlp_ep21_s4_Testing_Testing_1_2_3_496x49

Though on a more serious note, it's possible that Twilight may grow into a more Alicorn-y (for lack of a better word) Alicorn and resemble the other princesses. We don't know why Luna and Celestia look how they do (at least as far as an in universe explanation), so it is possible that with time or further magical development Twilight's body may somehow adapt into a more regal form, wavy mane and all.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I doubt it will happen.

That would be too drastic of a change. The egghead Twi that we know, will be gone. I mean like sure she became an alicorn,. but that was sorta predictable. Ruling Equestria?No.  gaining some of Celestia's and Luna's magic abilities? perhaps. But I doubt she'll change body wise in to what Celestia and Luna look like.

She'd just become too OP as well.Maybe as a series finale, but not a season finale.

• Brohoof 1

What if her personality becomes MUCH more serious as the new Celestia?

But she is already more serious than before. She's a princess now, she became more mature but no matter what she will never completely change her personality - she will be always our adorkable Twilight, but just more mature and serious than she was used to be. Her evolution is just inevitable, so we have to put up with it.

perhaps, perhaps not. Lauren DID state that she had always intended on twilight being celestia's successor, HOWEVER!, with at least one more season on the horizon, I don't see that happening YET.

It seems fairly clear that this is what the show is gearing up towards, with Twilight more often than not being the mentor and guide to her friends in an episode as of late Season 4. Now obviously she's going to have a different personality and style in filling Celestia's role. Less practiced, more awkward.