Ponies too Human looking?

Bendy

(edited)

The MLP FIM Ponies look too Human you think?

Their eyes face forward and their faces are extremely expressive like a Human's face and they even act like Humans. Plus their overall body just screams at you to hug and kiss them.

Is it a good thing they look too Human looking or is it bad? Because I find my Xenophilia Commander Shepard senses tingle when I look at these MLP FIM Ponies. 

Edited by Rush

Check out my "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" fan fiction on Fimfiction.net under the same username here: Rush.

I find it a good thing. I makes me relate a lot more with the ponies, as being a human, it can be hard to relate to non human races. It also allows them for a wider range of expression, as the natural equine face is not very condusive towards facial expressions that humans would be able to pick up on and understand. So them looking and acting human makes it easier for their younger audience to relate, and understand what emotions the characters are going through.

• Brohoof 1

Their bodies make me want to hug them, but in a boring non-sexual way.

Also, this is a great opportunity for me to post this again

post-20329-0-90602200-1398980464_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 6

Application
REJECTED!
post-25189-0-94520100-1406062734.png

I'm not sure if that's neat-looking, or a glimpse into an alternate dimension powered entirely by the blood of innocents. Excuse me while I quietly reflect on my mortal soul or something.

7xl7UbK.png

Signature created by Champion RD92

They always get the horn all wrong, the horn would be a growth from the skull, so it would be straighter, and not the same texture as her coat. It's like common people, at least get the details right.

• Brohoof 1

Nup.

I would complain lots more if they were more horse-looking like in previous gens

These designs are perfect

I need to go Tell my parents I love them.
  • Brohoof 1

datte_request_v2_by_wize_kevn-d7hcnbq.png

^Click for my Deviant Art^

You truly are the Rosa Parks of not understanding what r34 is.

I think they look fine as is, and arn't really strange. It works well for the show itself, and it makes them look more likeable.

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

I... reallyyy like her... mane..?

• Brohoof 1

"The Earth speaks to all of us, and if we listen, we can understand." -Uncle Pom

"Sometimes she wonders if she can do it like nuns do it but she never heard of Catholic religion or sinner's redemption" -K Dot

Ask me a question: http://mlpforums.com/topic/96396-ask-shady/?hl=ask%20shady

About Shady Bubbles: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/shady-bubbles-r6456

But hah, they look like cartoon Ponies in another parallel universe.

Check out my "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" fan fiction on Fimfiction.net under the same username here: Rush.

(edited)

I think it's good they're more humanlike :D It makes them seem more huggable and relatable, and able to do more activities. Sometimes  I see the characters as made-up cute critters rather than ponies sometimes.

Edited by Pineapple Bloom

post-8308-0-79436900-1383085974.png

"My past does not define me, because my past is not today."

Well, you can't have them look like the Alien from Alien.

We can relate to anthropomorphic 4-legged marshmellows better than that.

"You learn a lot about people when you listen to the songs that mean something to them."

Youtube - Carbon Maestro, Music Reviews - Carbon Music Reviews, Soundcloud - Follow Here, Twitter: @CarbonMaestro

Super Smash Ponies: Find it here

youtube_banner_by_thecarbonmaestro-d66xg

Of course, if they acted like real life ponies the show would just fall apart and end up looking all boring. Non-realistic ponies are the go. :)

• Brohoof 2

applejack_banner_by_laikeblu3-d64dx3w.jp

A True Friend sees the first tear, catches the second and stops the third

I make GIF avatars for FREE. Click here for more info. [CLOSED a.t.m]

I love the way the ponies look, they have just the right amount of adorableness, which seems to be infinite! :yay:

8r6aiHM.png

I love the way the ponies look, they have just the right amount of adorableness, which seems to be infinite! :yay:

Yeah :)

Their simple as well which makes then easy to draw with is also great for the community as relatively quickly anyone can learn to draw then well :D!

Simple designs for cartoon characters that are distinctive are the way forward :P

• Brohoof 1

CW0AMZO.jpg?1?4895

Have ANY questions about Christianity? INBOX ME!         

Lol, that picture is probably what they look like when you have HD television.

• Brohoof 1

That, my friend, is true nightmare fuel

Aim high kid, but don't aim for the impossible - Rainbow Dash

D7CYgYa.png

^Amazing Signature by the great and powerful Lunia!^                                                         

>My Request Shop<         MLP Forum's self-proclaimed evil enchantress.    > My Deviantart<

I know what you mean, OP.

Just look at those cute eyes, that beautiful coat, and listen to that gentle voice...

fluttershy_sitting_by_thatguy1945-d6tghr

It's hideous.  :eww:

/sarcasm

sdrwndW.png

They are obviously human enough to where a lot of people want to give them "special hugs" if you know what I mean, most of the physical features are a bit more subtle while most of the personality traits are more overt in human like they are. I think that to make them relatable they need to be human like to a certain extent so I think this is a good thing, the whole clopping/waifu thing was something that the creators did not intend but I guess it is pretty much inevitable.

Nahh. While they have human personalities, they don't look human, and, for the most part, don't have human mannerisms (I can't remember the last time bucked a tree, used magic/flew, or ate daffodil and daisy sandwich) :D

Also, lookie at this pretty little pony :wub:

2f687e2f_301420-20cap20cute20rarity20scr

Doesn't look human at all :D

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

Nahh. While they have human personalities, they don't look human, and, for the most part, don't have human mannerisms (I can't remember the last time bucked a tree, used magic/flew, or ate daffodil and daisy sandwich) :D

Also, lookie at this pretty little pony :wub:

2f687e2f_301420-20cap20cute20rarity20scr

Doesn't look human at all :D

I'm with you on this one, as is Rarity.

• Brohoof 1

"Time is just an illusionary factoid that all natural things are bound to. It has the power to crumble even the mightiest of mountains into little more than dust, yet if it is an illusion, why is this so? Because people waste a lot of time, only wishing they had more. Little do people realize an inescapable fact: Time governs those who wish they had more of it. By wishing you could use it better, you govern time, and you can get all the time you'll ever need." — Starfall, Quillwaver