Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else swim recreational, competitive, or just loves to?

Celestial Wish

20 users have voted

1. 1. You like to swim?

• Love it
    • Meh, it's okay.
    • Nope, I don't like getting wet.
  2. 2. Sports or for fun?

• Sports
    • Fun
    • Both

I just got back from the pool. Did 20 laps with a mix of butterfly, breaststroke, backstroke, and freestyle. That's not much and I could only go for 30 minutes but I haven't really been super active in years due to my heart condition.

Doc says exercise will strengthen it and so I went back to my favorite sport.

Anyone else sharing the love for water? :3

ALSO! I know this is going to sound CRAZY but this anime influenced me back into the sport I really love and encouraged me. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqYdp6rOBaI

• Brohoof 1

I love to swim though I still need more swimming lessons and I enjoy swimming for fun. Not really competitive when it comes to swimming only for fun. :P

I love swimming (only for fun though)! In the summer we go camping beside a lake and everyday I'm swimming when ever I can, or at least until the black flies come out. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm a good swimmer, it's okay I just don't like being half naked around other people. Though depends, I have a pretty slim body but still those judging eyes. Non the less I used to swim more for sport opposed to fun. Now I only do it for fun. I rarely do swim anymore, I should though I was a good swimmer. I like the water just not enough to go swimming a lot.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

I am what some people would call an 'underwater swimmer'. I cant really swim above really well, so I simply hold my breath for long periods of time. Longest Ive gone underwater is 4 min 27 seconds. Quite a feat to some, just a challenge for me.

• Brohoof 2

Dunno, just loosing interest on swimming. Can not really say why, because there is no really a reason. Pinkie logic :blink:

I love the feel of water and just how you can float freely. It's like flying in the water XD

Pinkie logic is awesome

• Brohoof 2

I love swimming and am a great swimmer. Backyard swimming pools are a bit small for my liking. But put me in an exercise pool, a competitive pool, an ocean, etc. and I'm a happy clam.

I came in 2nd place out of a class of 30 or so, back in high school swimming, for quickest laps. I was going to try out for my university's male swim and dive team, until I discovered that it was discontinued after the Spring 1999 semester. Oh well. That's why recreational teams exist.

• Brohoof 1

You're all just gonna laugh. I don't really know how to swim. That's right I'm a 31 year old man who can't really swim . I mean I love the water to just splash around or whatever. But, my arms and legs were never built for long distances. They'd get tired too quickly.

And my feet always have to touch the bottom or i worry that if I'm not holding on to something I'll go under.

I competed in my school's Swim team for about 3 years. (two years middle school, one year high). both my brothers swam, (and still do) I just stopped competitive swimming on a team due to a HUGE schedule. I love racing and do summer swimming with teams.

My times were... odd. I was a very good sprinter-I think the best time I ever got was 26.4 on a 50 free, and DID break a minute on 100. as for the other strokes... I suck.  ^_^  It think the best 50 I did backstroke was 32-something, Breast was in the 35-40 range, and I SUCKED at fly.

one time though, my coach had me do 100 100's THE DAY BEFORE A MEET. Oh dear god my muscles hurt so much from it. Half of it was kicking drills.

on the bright side, those were the days where I was in the best shape of my life. First thing I did when the season ended-Drank a Mountain Dew.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heh, this made me think of a friend.

I'm a decent swimmer (who needs to wear goggles!). I don't swim much and avoid it sometimes because I'm pretty lazy about getting into the water because it's cold at first, and cold when you get out. I try to race people sometimes.

I can do a few tricks, like I love to swim from one end of the pool to the other in one breath underwater, or do hand stands and stuff, but hey, can't we all do those things :comeatus:?

I don't like diving.

Edited by Super80 Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

@,

now that you mention it, I can swim a 50 without taking a breath, without goggles. The water feels almost nice once you get used to swimming with your eyes open...

@,

now that you mention it, I can swim a 50 without taking a breath, without goggles. The water feels almost nice once you get used to swimming with your eyes open...

Well I'm also near-sighted, so the water doesn't help. It also feels awkward having my eyes exposed to the water @_@.

50 feet or 50 meters :comeatus:? I assume 50m since well, that's what races use, I believe.

@,

yeah 50m. I honestly just recite the lyrrics of some of my favorite songs in my head. I have 2 thought patterns when not breathing-"Don't think wbout the pain in your chest" and a song on infinate repeat. once I even repeated "Mary had a little lamb" 5 times...

@,

yeah 50m. I honestly just recite the lyrrics of some of my favorite songs in my head. I have 2 thought patterns when not breathing-"Don't think wbout the pain in your chest" and a song on infinate repeat. once I even repeated "Mary had a little lamb" 5 times...

Just don't count the seconds you're down there xD! It's all psychological. 3 men were stuck in a mine once for..3 days I think. The one with the watch died because for every 3 hours, he would tell his friends it was 1 hour.

Distract yourself from the time lol. I wonder what songs I could sing underwater...

I swam a bit for recreation in middle school, but I really started swimming seriously in high school. When I got a job as an oceanfront lifeguard, I obviously had to swim a whole lot, and so I just got in the habit of swimming frequently, since it felt nice and was a good workout. I actually joined my high school team for a season, but it was conflicting too much with all my other stuff, so I stopped. It was really fun though!  :D

• Brohoof 1

Aw yeah! I've been swimming competitively for quite a few years now. :) I've been on my high school swim team for three years, but I don't think I'll join the team again next year, since the amount of swim meets we have to do is increasing a lot. (I hate swim meets! They take up 5 hours of my weekend that I could use doing homework or being on the internet). I'll probably swim laps for fun and exercise when I can though.

Still, I love to swim, except I dislike backstroke since I like to see where I'm going. :/ Butterfly is by far my favorite stroke! I like being able to push myself.

I don't live near the ocean, but I wish I did, since I love to swim in the waves even more than the pool. Much more exciting IMO :P

• 5 years later...

I used to do swimming regularly, but I quit back in 2013. Ironically, I almost drowned a week after quitting.