Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you think is the leader of the CMC?

TheMarkz0ne

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the leader of the CMC

• Applebloom
    • Scootaloo
    • Sweetie Bell
    • They're all one leader.

(edited)

To me the leader is Applebloom. To me she looks like a leader and when I see the CMC it seems in the first season, they consulted her a lot. I guess you could make a claim for either of them. Maybe they don't have a leader and they all get their own spotlights. I know that Diamond Tiara loves to harass Applebloom and Sweetie Bell the most, she never seems to directly bother Scootaloo that much.

Edited by TheMarkz0ne
  • Brohoof 2

I'd agree that it's Apple Bloom. She seems to be the driving force behind most of their schemes, and was probably the main reason they were founded in the first place. They all value each others input equally though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I hesitate between Applebloom and no leader at all.
Applebloom really looks like the leader of the group (especially in One Bad Apple), but in some episodes she's more passive and acts like Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle: I mean she doesn't make all the decisions (like in Twilight Time I believe).
Sweetie_%27We_should_totally_say_yes%21%

Edited by Blobulle

To me Apple Bloom is the defacto leader for a few reasons. The Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse is on the Apple Family Farm, so it's clear that they trust Apple Bloom and her family the most with the base of their operations. Apple Bloom was also the one that inspired them to form the Cutie Mark Crusaders in the first place. It's not clear if Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo knew each other very well before they became friends with Apple Bloom, but whether they did or didn't, it was meeting Apple Bloom that caused them to form the Cutie Mark Crusaders. And finally, Apple Bloom was the one who came up with the name that they rally behind to this very day.

Not to say that Apple Bloom calls all the shots, as they seem pretty equal in that department, but she just naturally fits the leader role in my book.

• Brohoof 3

Just because they never would've formed without Apple Bloom doesn't mean she's the leader.

I see Sweetie Belle as the leader, to be honest - she certainly led the charge in "Twilight Time," was the most reasonable in their trek into the Everfree Forest in "Stare Master" (the other two were bickering the whole time) and was seen telling the other two how to handle the reactions from their performance in "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils" as well as holding the lead part in a play I believe she wrote without any objections from the others in the same episode :D

• Brohoof 3

Mostly Apple Bloom, but don't forget Sweetie Belle has her moments too. She was clearly the ringleader behind what happened on Hearts and Hooves Day- she's the one who set up the whole thing with the love potion, and she's the one who masterminded the whole plan to keep Cheerilee and Big Mac separated. And she was also the one who got the idea to milk Twilight Time for all it's worth.

"I got this."

• Brohoof 1

But then Apple Bloom was calling the shots in "Somepony to Watch Over Me" and in general just seems to be the leader...

Then again, Scootaloo seemed to be the one driving them in "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" and "Flight to the Finish", so maybe the Cutie Mark Crusaders just let each one of them lead the group each week?

Who knows. Maybe they just don't care about leaders and just let whoever wants to take charge take charge.

Though I personally don't feel like there is a leader to the CMC, nor should there be, but lets face it, Applebloom would be the leader of the group.

Not bummed about it, she's a strong character like her older sister, but meh I kinda like the idea that they are equals.

Applebloom is certainly the leader of the cutie mark crusaders after they formed the group but we don't know much about their friendship before that, assuming they were friends and not mere acquaintances before.

'They're all one leader' gives me the mental image of them being able to do a fusion dance to become one super filly.

But I think that Applebloom is leader by default. She united the three in the first place, and her implied talent means she's probably a good organizer and thus sort of ends up picking up the slack in the group shenanigans. But Sweetie Belle also tends to get inspired to do her own things. They strike me as the sort of group that's fairly fluid, any of them can take the helm and most of the time they don't even need a leader.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I don't think any of them is the leader, but I've always looked at Apple Bloom as the main character of the three. They all make decisions, and they're all just so cute! They act together as one, and, no, I'm not talking about a fusion dance, silly ;)

Edited by Frosty Nerd

I would have to save Applebloom is the face of the group, but that they equally rule it together. Scootaloo however seems to be the least "powerful" of the three. She seems to always be in the back except for 1 or 2 episodes.

I don't see the CMC having any one leader.

I know that Diamond Tiara loves to harass Applebloom and Sweetie Bell the most, she never seems to directly bother Scootaloo that much.

I don't know. She was ruthless to Scootaloo in Flight to the Finish. In fact, she really crossed a line or two.

post-25990-0-47251000-1400616686_thumb.png

I always saw Applebloom as the leader of the CMC, I'm not sure why... Maybe it's due to the fact that the CMC was her idea, but I'm not sure. It is probably due to the show positioning her in the middle of the CMC all of the time.

The CMC don't have an official leader or anything of that sort, but Apple Bloom strikes me as a charismatic leader. She doesn't aim to lead and the others don't consciously follow her, but she is the closest to a leader that they have. They value each other's input equally, and others may take on a leader-like role on some occasions, but Apple Bloom is the one who holds them together as a group beyond their friendship and starts the wave, whatever the wave may be.

while i like think Applebloom is the main leader of the CMC i like how they've all been given Leadership roles, Applebloom is most of them (i don't feel like counting them), Sweetie Belle in Hearts and hooves day, Twilight Time, and how the Sweetie Belle Toils, and Scootaloo in Flight to the finish.

I've always assumed that Apple Bloom was the leader of the group, just from how she takes charge and stuff.

Maybe she gets her leader skills from her big sis! ^^