Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Worst Episode Starring your Favorite Pony

Moved to Elsewhere

Somepony to Watch Over Me, because they took the whole overprotective big sister thing and blew it so far out of proportion that it simply wasn't believable which made Applejack ridiculously out of character in that episode. It wasn't the fact that Applejack was over protective it was the absurd extent of said over protection and the fact that they didn't give any good reason for this in the plot, to the writer who wrote this piece of crap, you do know about something plot development and subtlety right? The one good thing I will say about it though is the scene with the chimera and seeing Applejack in those sexy boots.

• Brohoof 2

My best pony is Luna and well she only had one episode to herself sadly so I will pick a second

Mare do well with Dash no offence but it (slightly) bored me in that it seemed like it was rushed...

Regarding 'Putting your hoof down' , I can understand why many dislike it as it does seem out of character but for me it shows a multi-dimensional aspect to Fluttershy's character. IMO the episode highlights the problem with being passive-aggressive as it leads to explosions towards the wrong people at the wrong time which can be much harsher than deserved. Fluttershy is a passive character and bottles everything up with no real release, and try as we may, sometimes Bruce Banner does turn into the Hulk. I only dislike it because it reminds me a tad too much of myself, as someone who connects with Fluttershy for her general demeanour, this episode shows a negative side of such personality which often gets overlooked. I dislike it because its sad to see the way Fluttershy explodes, but at the same time it demonstrates how bottling up can get you nowhere. Thats just my opinion obviously, now that I've written it down I'm not sure if I got the point I wanted to across, it made sense in my head  :blush:

(edited)

I see what your saying, however her episodes of anger are way too dramatic, and out of the blue, in terms of the rapidness of the change. Not mention that her entire personality has basically been reprogrammed over the course of one seminar. IMO, it was too overdone, and the circumstances in which her outbursts happened should have been more appropriate, not just her friends telling her about her actions, but something more suited to how she reacts, like RD telling her they are too busy to hang out, then just playing with Pinkie or something. If that makes sense, sort of rushed this. 

Edited by Dovashy
  • Brohoof 1

I have only seen up to season 3 right now so even though it does not involve my fav character as much I will say my least favorite episode is Read it and Weep. why? well for starters Rainbow dash makes fun of reading which is a great pastime, and yes I know she eventually enjoys it at the end but even towards the end I still feel like she's embarrassed to be seen reading. i'm a reader so I kinda felt insulted. The only other annoyance I had with the ep was that the story was literally an Indiana Jones rip off

(edited)

@@Dovashy, I do agree with what you've said, I feel it could have been built up over a few episodes perhaps subtly in the background to make it less rushed. However I appreciate what the episode attempted being someone who can relate to these out of character outbursts when it all gets too much, they are most certainly moments you will always regret. :( I do agree the catalysts for such could/should have been stronger and I like the suggestions you mentioned. Basically I'm fine with the idea behind the episode, just not how it was executed if that makes sense? :blush:

Edited by Guest

(edited)

My Least Favorite for all of them:

Applejack - Look Before You Sleep (in case we're only talking about single-character episodes, Apple Family Reunion)

Rarity - Once again, Look Before you Sleep (in case of talking about single-character episodes, Inspiration Manifestion - Not bad, or hell, not even average/weak just not as good as other Rarity episodes)

Pinkie Pie - Too Many Pinkie Pies

Fluttershy - Keep Calm and Flutter On

Twilight Sparkle - Feeling Pinkie Keen

Rainbow Dash - Sonic Rainboom (although  my disliking to that episode doesn't really come from her. so I'll have to say Rainbow Falls)

Edited by Peter Sam

The one about the Pinkie sense… uhh. Feeling Pinkie Keen. Does that count? Cause that episode was boring.

For Twilight: season 3 finale...I hate musicals.

For AJ: Somepony to Watch over me. It made AJ look like an over-protective psycho...ok nevermind, it's probably going to the one in season one, where she was pushing herself too hard to take down their entire apple trees.

For Pinkie: Pinkie Pride. Not so much for Pinkie, but Cheese Sandwhich is a douchenozzle.

(edited)

Rainbow Falls all the way. It fits the title of the thread to a T. It is the worst episode, and it stars my favorite pony. Aside from possibly showing some development for Fluttershy and a Derpy cameo, there's really not a whole lot to love in my opinion. Between forcing Dash to spend a whole episode wrestling with a problem she's dealt with before (and better, and more interestingly), forcing the entire Mane Six into the plot inorganically and pointlessly, derailing the Wonderbolts just to cause a conflict that didn't need to happen, wasting the chance to give Dash a fresh, difficult challenge to her loyalty and integrity, comedy that fell flat all over the place, and a host of other things, bleh. I try not to think about it too much.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

Boast Busters.

Don't worry Twilight! It's not your fault that your friends were written out-of-character and the episode introduced that annoying show-off! :)

Edited by ShadowPirateX
  • Brohoof 1

Boast Busters.

Don't worry Twilight! It's not your fault that your friends were written out-of-character and the episode introduced that annoying show-off! :)

Good sir, I call shennanigans on thee, and shall smite thee for heresy!

How about my (slightly overly impassioned) rant immediately after watching That Key Episode Which Did Not Occur?

I consider this episode nearly on par with Rainbow Falls, only saved by Act 1 being average rather than terrible and also this

img-2463166-1-tumblr_n37yitqySF1t4fj2vo1
And somehow AJ's not winning contests for cutest pony.

In act 1, my main problem was that AJ was slower on the uptake than she should've been. But that pales in comparison to what happens when she first confronts the Flim Flam brothers. In short? She was 100% OUT OF CHARACTER.

And I'm definitely not the sort of person who says "My favorite character doing the wrong thing = OOC". Applejack's real flaws are part of what make her so awesome. I loved Somepony to Watch Over Me because despite AJ being the antagonist of the episode and being ludicrous in her treatment of AB, I believed the bad choices she made because I believed that AJ could get herself worked up with how dangerous the delivery was and her heavy sense of responsibility to her family.

I do not believe Applejack knowing that a placebo could seriously hurt her grandmother and then deciding to do zilch about it in order to "not hurt her feelings"

I could buy this from Fluttershy with no problem. In fact, it'd work pretty dang well as a Fluttershy plot.

I could buy this from Spike. Much like Fluttershy, he'd be a great fit for the episode.

I could buy this from Pinkie Pie. 

I could buy this from Twilight Sparkle. 

I could buy this even, just a little, from Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

Somepony's missing from that list.

Applejack is always concerned for her family's well being. It's a huge character trait and the focus of multiple episodes. She would never willingly put them in danger for any reason, especially not one founded on lies. 

This? In terms of character derailment, it actually does one over Rainbow Falls, at least when it comes to its lead. Because while Rainbow Falls undid character development, this one actually makes Applejack the antithesis of what makes her my favorite pony.

That's unforgivable.

img-2463166-2-1804120359113092686123057.

Real, in character Applejack agrees.

Okay, I've gotten to appreciate it much more upon reflection and reading why other people enjoyed it, but bleh. Still broke AJ's streak of no bad roles, in my opinion. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm the kind that mindlessly enjoys everything they see, so I don't really dislike any episodes. If I had to pick one though, I'd have to say The mysterious mare do well. Felt like that episode was there just to make Dash seem like a bitch.

• Brohoof 1

Judging by your avatar, i take it you're a fan of that annoying show-off?

Indeen I am. ALthough, the dude in your avatar is a giant douche, so I don't see the problem here :P

(edited)

Indeen I am. ALthough, the dude in your avatar is a giant douche, so I don't see the problem here :P

Vile's not a douche.

He's just a dick. Big difference 

Edited by Big Boss
  • Brohoof 1

My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie and while I love almost all of her episodes I have to say I really hate is "A Friend in Deed."  Yes, "Smile, Smile, Smile" is pure genius I believe Pinkie is both at her most annoying stage the episode portrays her like she is an idiot and has no knowledge of personal space.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

How about my (slightly overly impassioned) rant immediately after watching That Key Episode Which Did Not Occur?

Okay, I've gotten to appreciate it much more upon reflection and reading why other people enjoyed it, but bleh. Still broke AJ's streak of no bad roles, in my opinion. 

I have to disagree. After watching the episode, I don't think AJ was really all that OOC. Yes she was a tad slow on the uptake, on figuring out Flim and Flam were pulling shit again, but Granny wasn't doing anything crazy enough to justify destroying her happyness. Of course she DID underestimate how Flim and Flam would twist her words, to work with there scheme, but they are 19th century conmen. AJ might of felt off saying what she did, she technically wasn't lying, since she said "It works for Granny Smith", which in a way it did. She might of just lived with it, since it wasn't doing harm if Granny didn't decided to try that high dive stunt.

She is a very honest character, and of course there are times when the truth isn't always going to be the best thing, although she's not used to bending the truth in that mannor, which is why she didn't call a stop to it earlier when she should have.

Edited by Zhortac

(edited)

There never was a problem to begin with.

Apart from claiming Vile's a douche. He's a jerk at best.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

(edited)

How does this topic work. For this, let's say my favourite is Rarity. The only time I have disliked her is in Sonic Rainboom (which isn't exactly her episode anyway). I absoloutly love that episode though. Does that still count or does it have to be an episode I didn't like because of her? :P

I like all her episodes :s

Also, AJ splashing in water is so damn good.

Edited by Greenlitsky