Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would each of the Mane 6 deal with a backstabbing boyfriend?

Singe

(edited)

Twilight: Banish him from Equestria

Rainbow Dash: Kick his flank.

Applejack: Kick his flank.

Fluttershy: Cry while her animal friends rip his flank apart.

Rarity: A harsh scolding.

Pinkie Pie: Snaps, goes psycho, and the guy is never heard from again.

Edited by Singe

I can't imagine said scenario - mainly because the series would have to start introducing more romance themes to actually get there.

We've only had the 'puppy love' crush scenarios so far.

I doubt we'll see any of the mane cast get a coltfriend, would also start getting a bit cliche imo if the series started going towards that.

Twilight - Get heartbroken

Rarity - Get really heartbroken

Fluttershy - Get really heartbroken

AJ - Buck him

Rainbow - Cheat on him back

Pinkie - Anything is possible

Given who we are talking about I don't think retribution as a whole is in their blood except maybe Rainbow Dash at her worst (depending on the severity of the break up). I imagine a lot of depression, self doubt, and turning to their friends for comfort/assurance.

Fluttershy: Break into a crying wreck and head for her friends for support

Rarity: Feel upset that she's not good enough and head home to eat ice cream

RD: The same way she reacted to Daring Do denying her

AJ: Yell at him, maybe hit him a few times

Pinkie Pie: Pinkamena

Twilight: Get angry and use her princess status to beat them with the law

Celestia: Boyfriend's cheating on you?

SEND HIM TO THE MOON!!

Luna: -Goes Nightmare Moon on him-

Cadence: Magic love time! (Or maybe forgive him she is the princess of the love thing after all.)

I'm with the OPs ideas, except for Twilight. She wouldn't use her authority to do something so petty as banish the guy from Equestria over a bad breakup.

However, I think a few well-placed tabloid articles later would likely mean the guy never gets looked at by a girl again.

Twilight: Would probably act sad, but try not to let it look like it bothers her.  Won't speak to him again unless she had to.

Rainbow Dash: She'd probably knock him out and then she has enough confidence in herself to just brush him off as not being on her level anyways.

Applejack: Would probably get her family to help her kick his butt.

Fluttershy: Cry and lock herself in her house and then blame herself.

Rarity: She seems like she'd find some way to get revenge to humiliate him after crying her eyes out and eating a tub of ice cream while Spike consoles her.

Pinkie Pie: I'm not sure.  She seems to be prone to snapping, so it could be anything really.

• Brohoof 1

No matter which mane 6 member it was, Bob Ross would appear from the sky and paint with the boyfriend's blood. Pretty little intestines.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Applejack: Would probably get her family to help her kick his butt.

AJ: Yell at him, maybe hit him a few times

AJ - Buck him

Applejack: Kick his flank.

:huh:

Seriously? REALLY?

People seriously see Applejack as a madmare, who is going to hit you, if you hurt her? Since when is Applejack aggressive? 

If anything, I think she would be devastated and say something like "I don't want to see you ever again". Trust is very important for her, so if somepony stabbed her back, she would take it rather badly, but not to the point of aggression, come on! She never hurt anypony, even Flim Flam Brothers, so why would she suddenly became violent?

Yeah, she is impulsive, but not like that. Besides, honesty is her element, things like trust and faith mean... well, everything to her, she would rather cry or even be depressed, but aggression is something I'd rather expect from Rainbow, who often acts before thinking...

Anyway.

Twilight: shock, disbelief

Rarity: firstly usual drama and overreation, later maybe depression

Pinkie Pie: hard to predict... but I think it would be something similar to her reactions in Pinkie Pride (when her friends forgot about her) or Maud Pie (when she found out that her friends don't really like Maud)

Fluttershy: tears, ocean of tears...

Rainbow Dash: firstly probably shock, maybe yelling... overall she'd be devastated, but probably trying to hide it, act as if nothing happened

Applejack: similar to RD's reaction, eventually she'd try to find help and comfort in her friends and family

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I can see Rarity being sad about it and crying a lot before getting back and just going off on him in front of a bunch of people (like she did to Blueblood) and making him look like a giant dick in front of everyone, even though she wouldn't do THAT intentionally, she'd just be focused on him :D

AJ has emotion - we've seen that in Apple Family Reunion. AJ would probably be upset and not show it for a while, until she finally cracks and kicks some backstabbing boyfriend ass :D

Twilight would be sad, but then I can see her learning a lesson about how he wasn't worth it, write a letter to Celestia about how much he sucked, and carry on with her life :D

Fluttershy would get really sad and blame herself, and her animals would comfort her while the remane 5 would confront the backstabbing boyfriend :D

Pinkie probably would get sad for a bit, and then get distracted by a pretty balloon or something - when asked why she was able to get over it so quickly, she'd say something wise like "Well, life's about fun, and moping over somepony who'd do that wouldn't be very fun" :D

Rainbow would probably get really pissed and talk about how awesome she is and how he doesn't deserve her as he walks away :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

:huh:

Seriously? REALLY?

People seriously see Applejack as a madmare, who is going to hit you, if you hurt her? Since when is Applejack aggressive? 

If anything, I think she would be devastated and say something like "I don't want to see you ever again". Trust is very important for her, so if somepony stabbed her back, she would take it rather badly, but not to the point of aggression, come on! She never hurt anypony, even Flim Flam Brothers, so why would she suddenly became violent?

Yeah, she is impulsive, but not like that. Besides, honesty is her element, things like trust and faith mean... well, everything to her, she would rather cry or even be depressed, but aggression is something I'd rather expect from Rainbow, who often acts before thinking...

I dunno, I always assumed AJ never took too kindly to backstabbers in general. And there's really no denying that he'd deserve it imo *shrugs*

I dunno, I always assumed AJ never took too kindly to backstabbers in general. And there's really no denying that he'd deserve it imo *shrugs*

There's a big difference between "not taking too kindly" and being aggressive ;) AJ is impulsive, but she plays fair, we saw it in SSCS6, when she stopped Rainbow, when she wanted to hurt Flim Flam Brothers. 

• Brohoof 1