Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How violent do you really think the FiM ponies can get?

Echo Narcissa

Level of FiM Ponies violence  

53 users have voted

1. 1. How violent do you think the FiM Ponies can really get?

• Fight club violent
    • God of War violent
    • Gory/Blood soaked
    • Dark
    • They can't, they're weak push overs (This is a big, fat lie, and whoever really vote this is full of shit XD XP

Violence doesn't really exist in Equestria. We have to remember that every time that violence arrives, it is through otherworldly means or at least from beyond the borders of Equestria. The otherworldly means would be all the great villains, even Trixie. Minor things like the dragons would be from other lands but the ponies do have a tendency to at least want to defend their friends and loved ones from time to time. Equestria does have a royal guard, which means that they see the need to have a defense even though Celestia is obviously too powerful to actually need guards for her own sake. Maybe it means that she can't be bothered to police everything and there must be others to deal with minor issues. So in conclusion, the ponies are not likely to get very violent at all really with a few notable villain exceptions....again, Trixie and also, Sunset Shimmer.

Violence doesn't exist in Equestria? Need i remind you of Nightmare Moon and Celestia's magical laser battle? Or Twilight and Tirek's super sayain kamehameha battle? Or even the violent mobs in "Lesson Zero" when everyone was fighting for Smarty Pants? Those weren't straight up resolved with friendship and rainbows off the bat, yanno.

• Brohoof 2

Those weren't straight up resolved with friendship and rainbows off the bat, yanno.

I did mention otherworldly villains in my post. But other than such things, there really isn't much violence in Equestria itself. It isn't really normal in that world.

I strongly believe they are weak push-overs. You cannot expect much from ponies who worship the Magic of Friendship. The only pony who is not like this is Twilight. But , she only got violent because she was cornered and really had no choice at all.

Ok, they can get a bit aggressive every now and then. But, it will never go much further.

About the fight with the Changelings, that might have been an exception. However, with King Sombra and Discord, they were defeated not because of the ponies themselves but because of magical artifacts that the ponies used (The Crystal Heart and the Elements of Harmony respectively).

What Hasbro is willing to show us is in their world is fight club violent.
How far would ponies go? Pretty damn dark. without Hasbro stepping in, some things, like Twilight's spells, would take a certain ick factor.
How far can they go? Well, Rainbow Dash is capable of wiping cties off the map; so can Twilight if she's having a bad day. I'd say God of War violent for them. Bring in an uncensored Discord, and you've got yourself a gorefest.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I did mention otherworldly villains in my post. But other than such things, there really isn't much violence in Equestria itself. It isn't really normal in that world.

you mean country? Equestria is a country, not the entire world. (and as shown in episodes, species other than ponies- Griffons and Dragons from territories outside of Equestria are rather violent)

and there have been wars in the past, amongst pony-kind....

Edited by Nightmare Muffin
  • Brohoof 1

you mean country? Equestria is a country, not the entire world. (and as shown in episodes, species other than ponies- Griffons and Dragons from territories outside of Equestria are rather violent)

and there have been wars in the past, amongst pony-kind....

That we have no clue how they were fought. The one we know of, the pony-griffin war, was solved by Celestia passing out eclairs to the leaders of the Griffin army.

I have been wondering this for a while now and from seeing the street fight in the Canterlot wedding, the fight against Sombra and them completely blowing him up, Twilight blowing up a plant's head on Princess Twilight, the Celestia vs Nightmare Moon fight, and who can forget the Tirek vs Twilight fight? 

I personally want to know what you guys think because to me, I love dark stuff and I like it when the ponies gets violent because it makes them look so much more bad ass (Don't judge me) and seeing how much violent it got over the seasons, I'm pretty sure they are capable of spilling a lot of blood or do you think they are weak push overs?

funny you should ask as I have plenty of my epic music I can put to these high intensified action sequences like full tilt ethos or the likes. Im a massive fan of epic music since compared to pop rock or any other epicis truelly intensified. But ill say I would love to see luna take on her nightmare moon form or even watch the mane six have the ultimate battle with the evil versions of themselves ya know or even have to fight each other due to a curse or something without the violence of smile hd but still the awsome battle sequence. There are many opertunities even to go dark in the storyline without the graphic violence.

I don't know if this was brought up during this discussion but my mind drifts towards "The return of harmony". Do you remember how they fought between each other when discord took away their true selves? If you didn't censor out blood and bruises, they wouldn't be able to walk after that.

Oh and don't forget "A canterlot wedding". That was some crazy beatdown.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if this was brought up during this discussion but my mind drifts towards "The return of harmony". Do you remember how they fought between each other when discord took away their true selves? If you didn't censor out blood and bruises, they wouldn't be able to walk after that.

Oh and don't forget "A canterlot wedding". That was some crazy beatdown.

Changeling energy shots were also blowing up concrete; Anybody hit by one of those that would be in bad shape. And i'm pretty sure quite a few changelings didn't make it home after being hit with a wave of pure energy.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure there are ponies in Equestria who would go fully violent (not familiar with all of the options), but the Mane6 is tricky to judge. Fluttershy would be the least likely, whereas the most likely would probably be Dash.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say pretty dark, I think any animal has the capacity to do such things. If you remember the monsters chasing after apple bloom were obviously going to kill her, I wouldn't think it'd be a stretch to say that equally sentient ponies would if they had to. Now, how often this actually happens, I can't say.

• Brohoof 1

I think there is more then enough evidence to say that the ponies COULD go full blown bloody warfare with intense powers. They reference weapons of war several times, and the three races of ponies have once fought bitter battles before they were unified under the Alicorn Empire. Now are they going to show bloody war on a rated y show? No but the potential is there..

I know, right? Thank you, those are a few of the points I was trying to make out to everyone.

Violence doesn't really exist in Equestria. We have to remember that every time that violence arrives, it is through otherworldly means or at least from beyond the borders of Equestria. The otherworldly means would be all the great villains, even Trixie. Minor things like the dragons would be from other lands but the ponies do have a tendency to at least want to defend their friends and loved ones from time to time. Equestria does have a royal guard, which means that they see the need to have a defense even though Celestia is obviously too powerful to actually need guards for her own sake. Maybe it means that she can't be bothered to police everything and there must be others to deal with minor issues. So in conclusion, the ponies are not likely to get very violent at all really with a few notable villain exceptions....again, Trixie and also, Sunset Shimmer.

I think I got a big chunk of bull crap stuck in my throat from that  :lol: Oh, no! Okay, I'm sorry, that sounded a bit rude, but in all serious the people and I who have mentioned enough proof and evidence from previous episodes are right, it is a fact that they can get really violent.

I strongly believe they are weak push-overs. You cannot expect much from ponies who worship the Magic of Friendship. The only pony who is not like this is Twilight. But , she only got violent because she was cornered and really had no choice at all.

Ok, they can get a bit aggressive every now and then. But, it will never go much further.

About the fight with the Changelings, that might have been an exception. However, with King Sombra and Discord, they were defeated not because of the ponies themselves but because of magical artifacts that the ponies used (The Crystal Heart and the Elements of Harmony respectively).

Wow, that might the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard today :)

(edited)

Well, the did obliterate Sombra (though, he totally had it coming.)

And at this point, I wouldn't put anything past Pinkie Pie after "Filli Vanilli" and threatening the life of a filly in "Trade Ya!" before laughing about it.

So, 'Dark'.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis
  • Brohoof 1

I know, right? Thank you, those are a few of the points I was trying to make out to everyone.

I think I got a big chunk of bull crap stuck in my throat from that  :lol: Oh, no! Okay, I'm sorry, that sounded a bit rude, but in all serious the people and I who have mentioned enough proof and evidence from previous episodes are right, it is a fact that they can get really violent.

Wow, that might the biggest load of bullshit I have ever heard today :)

Twilight Sparkle has a spell to light things on fire among other such ugly, if she so wanted to, things could get quite messy. Also, a Sonic Rainboom in the middle of a populated city? The results would not be pretty to envision.

• Brohoof 1

I pick God of War, because of it's over-the-top fighting in a fantasy universe. Although sadly, the suits probably won't approve of any on-screen blood, despite The Powerpuff Girls having it.

Wow, they're totally pushing the envelope for what cartoons can get away with.

I agree, that doesn't make much sense that they don't put in on MLP, but allow it on Power Puff Girls.

It would be interesting if we change the usual "threat to the throne or all Equestria" to "They want to kill our foals". At the latter, I expect them to be scarily violent and probably murderous. I expect AJ and Dashie to take their usual bar fight to bar fight to the death. Pinkie and Flutty are two of the nicest persons around, but from my experience, if you push a nice person too far, they become extremely violent, so I expect they to lose control and blindly kill the threat in a bloody way, deaf to their pleas of mercy. Rarity might be more subtle in her revenge before killing them, same with Twily, but far more cruel, so, I put them in dark.

I didn't chose the GoW violence because I have a hard time taking it seriously  :P , but I'm talking about real violence above, Manhunt levels  -_-

Why you can take God of War seriously? That is realm violence that could possibly happen in their world or the real world.

I agree, that doesn't make much sense that they don't put in on MLP, but allow it on Power Puff Girls.

Why you can take God of War seriously? That is realm violence that could possibly happen in their world or the real world.

Because it's violence is over the top. There are games more graphic and brutal than GoW, like the aforementioned Manhunt, Last of Us, Resident Evil (up to the fourth at least)

Because it's violence is over the top. There are games more graphic and brutal than GoW, like the aforementioned Manhunt, Last of Us, Resident Evil (up to the fourth at least)

I'll need to see what Manhunt and Last of us is

Ah, yes... I'm going to jump at this opportunity to use some of my hardcore anayltical skills.  Be warned, this might be a bit convoluted... AND this will be a VERY long post.

Let me get the obvious stuff out of the way first.  All we've seen so far that is canon, and that has been limited by the show's audience rating, is honestly not much violence.  Sure, a few moments of violence have happened, and I'll let the previous posts be there to give most of those examples.

I think it was a surprise to most of us to see Twilight go all DBZ style with her Pony-hame-ha on Tirek.  In my eyes, this was the greatest level of violence we've seen in MLP:FIM thus far.

obligatory video related to the above:

(While it might not have been the scene [of many] most here would have used as a reference, this is just one of my favorite moments)

Now, with all this being said... let's talk about violence in the show that probably isn't going to be shown... Let's talk about the potential violence (as well as capabilities) of the ponies (at least, what I feel it to be), starting from least, going up the ladder.

Note: My list here following is ordered by potential, even though I am including capabilities in each of their descriptions.

Why potential? (And why not both, or why not just capability [thus the inverse]?)

Because I feel that this thread is [implicitly] asking for our thoughts on the hypothetical violence that the ponies have the potential to use, and thus, their capabilities are just an added trait that I am adding.

Again, this is just the way that I myself am viewing this thread, and thus, that is how the following list's logic will show.

I feel that Rarity has the least potential of violence as compared to the rest of the Mane 6, mostly because of her OCD towards cleanliness, and thus, she probably wouldn't want to get bloody no matter how enraged she might be.  On the other hand, I feel that her capabilities of harm surpass her potential.  She is a unicorn, and so she does have the ability to use magic to her advantage in a fight.  

Fluttershy's potential of violence I would place just above that of Rarity's.  While she is the most affectionate, loving, caring, etc. pony of the bunch, she don't like it when you hurt her animals.  Her capabilities, on the other hand, are a bit of a conundrum to me, as the most we've seen from her being violent is, well, not much in quantity, and [relatively] medium in quality.  I'm honestly at a loss of words when I think about this, because I just really don't know.

Applejack would likely be the next one up.  As a country girl, born and raised, she has shown great potential (via her strength and patience) of violence.  And, oddly enough, I think her potential-to-capability ratio is perfectly even... I think that for her, they are not only equal in ratio, but are basically just the same thing.  So, yes, I would say her capabilities would be a notch up from Fluttershy (and thus, ditto for her potential).

Rainbow Dash wears her emotions in plain view.  We know what she is feeling at all times.  And thus, I feel the evidence to place her where I have is plenty viable.  Her potential for violence is... bluntly obvious.  Heck, she "put'em up" when she wanted to fight Discord because he was, well, being Discord (lol).  So we know she feels like a natural fighter.  As for her capabilities of violence (and I should say now, as I should have said before, these capabilities are in terms of how much damage such [the] pony could possibly inflict)... Well, other than the obvious "Sonic Rainboom" - we also saw her kick a *apples* insanely huge adult dragon in the face.  (Figuratively speaking, of course) RD has some major balls to do something like that.

Ah, now we're coming up on the top 2.  ("Who are they gonna be?! Oh my gosh this is exciting!")

Well, I'm placing... (Oh NO he didn't!) Twilight (yes, I did) as number 2 here.  The reasons will be explained shortly.  As for what I feel about her potential and capabilites... Do I really even need to say?  I mean, y'all know darn good and well what this pony can do, and what she has done.  Let's just say, she isn't afraid to throw down in times where it is necessary.  Anyway, I feel her potential for violence is a good 3 notches above RD's... and I feel that may surprise some of you - I feel that alot of you would think RD shows greater potential and equal or lesser capability.  But, let me explain why I am placing Twilight's potential above RD's: Twilight, in my opinion, (and this is totally unrelated to the fact that she's basically the main protagonist of the show)... is different from the rest of the ponies in terms of intellect, contentiousness, sensing/judging/perceiving, and even overall thought-depth and focus.  Therefore, I feel Twilight's potential for violence surpasses the previous ponies' levels because of her mental power and energy.  Now, as for her capability of violence... I think it's sevenfold times greater than the first 3 ponies in this list, and then, probably triple, quadruple, or possibly quintuple of Rainbow Dash's.  Which, I know I know, that's saying alot, in respect to RD's Sonic Rainboom.  But let's face it guys, Tirek would have destroyed RD if, somehow, he'd not taken her magic and energy (and that is in her case, flight), and she tried to fight him.  

Some may question me here, saying that Twilight was using the power of not only herself, but of the rest of the alicorns when fighting Tirek... But I argue that this doesn't matter, because it happened, period. That, and she will continue to grow in her ability to use magic on her own, without their powers added to her. I honestly feel that in good time, she has the capability to reach the level of magic she used in that fight, and only of her own power to boot! She IS the element of Magic, so...

And here we are... the big surprise (especially coming from me - Miles)...  Eeyup, it's Pinkie Pie.  Now let me first defend myself...  In regards to her position on this list as number one, remember, this is based only on potential, not capability... (nor both at the same time)... So, she's number 1 on this list because I feel her potential for violence to be of the utmost highest and darkest level, in comparison to the other ponies.  Now, here is where it really gets convoluted, and I apologize if you find this hard to follow: I'm going to be talking about 2 things at once as best I can here, and then relate them into a third point.  First, like others have brought up - Pinkie has a dark side... a very insane, a very psychopathical dark side... Second, (though seemingly unrelated, I'm going to make it related) also like others have stated, people who are the quiet, introverted, loving and caring kind often have some of the craziest dark sides; this was mentioned about Fluttershy before.  So, I'm going to intertwine these ideas in a sort of compare/contrast way, and make a new idea.  As we all know, Pinkie Pie in her normal state is a happy-go-lucky, random and hyper pony.  Her extroversion contrasts to Fluttershy's introversion, and her loving/caring attitude compares similarly to Fluttershy's.  So, where am I going with this?  I want to make a new point, that it's not always the quiet ones who have the craziest crazy sides.  Sometimes it's the hyper ones, too.  And to me, both situations, to most people, are likely equally surprising when it happens.  To progress, Pinkie Pie's potential for violence is *apples* massive.  She takes on a whole new consciousness... and she bears no remorse in this state.  She might not even feel much pain in this state, so even matched up against the largest of opponents, she can probably get right back up again, with blood dripping from her mouth, with the biggest, most *apples* creepy smile spread across her face, because she wasn't even phased.  So, "watch out" ... she'll come and battle with more torture techniques in mind than all of the world's armed forces have combined.

As for her capabilities... well, you might be confused already... but she's 3 notches below Twilight.  "But isn't that a contradiction to all that stuff you just said?!"  No, it's not.  Because think about... Twilight's Pony-hame-ha (as I like to call it) would most definitely knock down Pinkie for at least a few moons.  And I'm sure, by the time she gets back up, she won't remember what happened, and thus would return to her normal state of mind... And thus all this meaning, Twilight's capabilities outmatch Pinkie's... But since Pinkie's potential of violence is much greater and darker than Twilight's, I feel that she deserves the number one spot in this list, in this thread, about hypothetical potential violence in MLP:FIM.

Thank you for reading this far, if you were able to.

I now conclude my rambling.

post-27651-0-75318700-1403653335.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ah, yes... I'm going to jump at this opportunity to use some of my hardcore anayltical skills.  Be warned, this might be a bit convoluted... AND this will be a VERY long post.

Let me get the obvious stuff out of the way first.  All we've seen so far that is canon, and that has been limited by the show's audience rating, is honestly not much violence.  Sure, a few moments of violence have happened, and I'll let the previous posts be there to give most of those examples.

I think it was a surprise to most of us to see Twilight go all DBZ style with her Pony-hame-ha on Tirek.  In my eyes, this was the greatest level of violence we've seen in MLP:FIM thus far.

obligatory video related to the above:

(While it might not have been the scene [of many] most here would have used as a reference, this is just one of my favorite moments)

Now, with all this being said... let's talk about violence in the show that probably isn't going to be shown... Let's talk about the potential violence (as well as capabilities) of the ponies (at least, what I feel it to be), starting from least, going up the ladder.

Note: My list here following is ordered by potential, even though I am including capabilities in each of their descriptions.

Why potential? (And why not both, or why not just capability [thus the inverse]?)

Because I feel that this thread is [implicitly] asking for our thoughts on the hypothetical violence that the ponies have the potential to use, and thus, their capabilities are just an added trait that I am adding.

Again, this is just the way that I myself am viewing this thread, and thus, that is how the following list's logic will show.

I feel that Rarity has the least potential of violence as compared to the rest of the Mane 6, mostly because of her OCD towards cleanliness, and thus, she probably wouldn't want to get bloody no matter how enraged she might be.  On the other hand, I feel that her capabilities of harm surpass her potential.  She is a unicorn, and so she does have the ability to use magic to her advantage in a fight.  

Fluttershy's potential of violence I would place just above that of Rarity's.  While she is the most affectionate, loving, caring, etc. pony of the bunch, she don't like it when you hurt her animals.  Her capabilities, on the other hand, are a bit of a conundrum to me, as the most we've seen from her being violent is, well, not much in quantity, and [relatively] medium in quality.  I'm honestly at a loss of words when I think about this, because I just really don't know.

Applejack would likely be the next one up.  As a country girl, born and raised, she has shown great potential (via her strength and patience) of violence.  And, oddly enough, I think her potential-to-capability ratio is perfectly even... I think that for her, they are not only equal in ratio, but are basically just the same thing.  So, yes, I would say her capabilities would be a notch up from Fluttershy (and thus, ditto for her potential).

Rainbow Dash wears her emotions in plain view.  We know what she is feeling at all times.  And thus, I feel the evidence to place her where I have is plenty viable.  Her potential for violence is... bluntly obvious.  Heck, she "put'em up" when she wanted to fight Discord because he was, well, being Discord (lol).  So we know she feels like a natural fighter.  As for her capabilities of violence (and I should say now, as I should have said before, these capabilities are in terms of how much damage such [the] pony could possibly inflict)... Well, other than the obvious "Sonic Rainboom" - we also saw her kick a *apples* insanely huge adult dragon in the face.  (Figuratively speaking, of course) RD has some major balls to do something like that.

Ah, now we're coming up on the top 2.  ("Who are they gonna be?! Oh my gosh this is exciting!")

Well, I'm placing... (Oh NO he didn't!) Twilight (yes, I did) as number 2 here.  The reasons will be explained shortly.  As for what I feel about her potential and capabilites... Do I really even need to say?  I mean, y'all know darn good and well what this pony can do, and what she has done.  Let's just say, she isn't afraid to throw down in times where it is necessary.  Anyway, I feel her potential for violence is a good 3 notches above RD's... and I feel that may surprise some of you - I feel that alot of you would think RD shows greater potential and equal or lesser capability.  But, let me explain why I am placing Twilight's potential above RD's: Twilight, in my opinion, (and this is totally unrelated to the fact that she's basically the main protagonist of the show)... is different from the rest of the ponies in terms of intellect, contentiousness, sensing/judging/perceiving, and even overall thought-depth and focus.  Therefore, I feel Twilight's potential for violence surpasses the previous ponies' levels because of her mental power and energy.  Now, as for her capability of violence... I think it's sevenfold times greater than the first 3 ponies in this list, and then, probably triple, quadruple, or possibly quintuple of Rainbow Dash's.  Which, I know I know, that's saying alot, in respect to RD's Sonic Rainboom.  But let's face it guys, Tirek would have destroyed RD if, somehow, he'd not taken her magic and energy (and that is in her case, flight), and she tried to fight him.  

Some may question me here, saying that Twilight was using the power of not only herself, but of the rest of the alicorns when fighting Tirek... But I argue that this doesn't matter, because it happened, period. That, and she will continue to grow in her ability to use magic on her own, without their powers added to her. I honestly feel that in good time, she has the capability to reach the level of magic she used in that fight, and only of her own power to boot! She IS the element of Magic, so...

And here we are... the big surprise (especially coming from me - Miles)...  Eeyup, it's Pinkie Pie.  Now let me first defend myself...  In regards to her position on this list as number one, remember, this is based only on potential, not capability... (nor both at the same time)... So, she's number 1 on this list because I feel her potential for violence to be of the utmost highest and darkest level, in comparison to the other ponies.  Now, here is where it really gets convoluted, and I apologize if you find this hard to follow: I'm going to be talking about 2 things at once as best I can here, and then relate them into a third point.  First, like others have brought up - Pinkie has a dark side... a very insane, a very psychopathical dark side... Second, (though seemingly unrelated, I'm going to make it related) also like others have stated, people who are the quiet, introverted, loving and caring kind often have some of the craziest dark sides; this was mentioned about Fluttershy before.  So, I'm going to intertwine these ideas in a sort of compare/contrast way, and make a new idea.  As we all know, Pinkie Pie in her normal state is a happy-go-lucky, random and hyper pony.  Her extroversion contrasts to Fluttershy's introversion, and her loving/caring attitude compares similarly to Fluttershy's.  So, where am I going with this?  I want to make a new point, that it's not always the quiet ones who have the craziest crazy sides.  Sometimes it's the hyper ones, too.  And to me, both situations, to most people, are likely equally surprising when it happens.  To progress, Pinkie Pie's potential for violence is *apples* massive.  She takes on a whole new consciousness... and she bears no remorse in this state.  She might not even feel much pain in this state, so even matched up against the largest of opponents, she can probably get right back up again, with blood dripping from her mouth, with the biggest, most *apples* creepy smile spread across her face, because she wasn't even phased.  So, "watch out" ... she'll come and battle with more torture techniques in mind than all of the world's armed forces have combined.

As for her capabilities... well, you might be confused already... but she's 3 notches below Twilight.  "But isn't that a contradiction to all that stuff you just said?!"  No, it's not.  Because think about... Twilight's Pony-hame-ha (as I like to call it) would most definitely knock down Pinkie for at least a few moons.  And I'm sure, by the time she gets back up, she won't remember what happened, and thus would return to her normal state of mind... And thus all this meaning, Twilight's capabilities outmatch Pinkie's... But since Pinkie's potential of violence is much greater and darker than Twilight's, I feel that she deserves the number one spot in this list, in this thread, about hypothetical potential violence in MLP:FIM.

Well, that was quite a long and good enough analyze on these ponies and how violent they could possibly get on the show if the TV Y-rated stuff was taking off. I still keep in mind what a few others have said and what they will do if the two nicest ponies can do if they are pushed too far, and i also think that they can be very violent as us if they want to from other points and evidence others have made in this topic. (I kind of forgot what I was going to say there) So, I will now finish it right here, because my head hurts a little too much for me to concentrate.

Edited by Echo Narcissa

The show never teeters past usual levels of kid's show cartoon violence really... but still, sometimes I still just don't believe when an even minorly violent thing happens since, well, the show's still called My Little Pony! It's just too cool for its name sometimes I guess imo, gotta love it. :P

I do believe you underestimated Pinkie Pie. In a direct fight, Pinkie Pie is outmatched by most of the Mane Six, probably even Fluttershy,tbh. But her capability comes from the element of surprise. Pinkie can be anywhere, at any time, and summon any object; should she have the mind to, she'd be the perfect assassin. She could murder anyone before they realized they were being attacked: unicorn, pegasus, or otherwise. Sure she lacks the sheer destructive potential, but she's way more dangerous than Twilight in this regard.

• Brohoof 1

I do believe you underestimated Pinkie Pie. In a direct fight, Pinkie Pie is outmatched by most of the Mane Six, probably even Fluttershy,tbh. But her capability comes from the element of surprise. Pinkie can be anywhere, at any time, and summon any object; should she have the mind to, she'd be the perfect assassin. She could murder anyone before they realized they were being attacked: unicorn, pegasus, or otherwise. Sure she lacks the sheer destructive potential, but she's way more dangerous than Twilight in this regard.

Actually, you've just been a perfect example of misunderstanding my way of viewing potential vs capability.  Pinkie Pie, yes, IS much more dangerous than Twilight, but only in the sense of dark, crazy, messed up, etc. stuff, because in her "psycho" state of mind she's utterly dark and remorseless.  But a simple blast from Twilight (if she has time to do so before Pinkie could attack) would knock her out.  Thus, in terms of raw power, Twilight takes the cake...  But still, you've got to understand my view on potential [of violence] vs capability [of violence] is like this: (potential side) premeditated plan of twisted torture vs (capability side) power output.  

Your half right (in terms of your whole post) since I agree that Pinkie would be the best assassin, because being an assassin uses potential more than capability... and being a fighter takes more capability than potential.  

Think about it like this (and humor me):  Put one of these guys: Jeff the Killer, The Rake, Ben, etc... in a fight against one of these guys: Chuck "the iceman" Liddell, Tito Ortiz, Anderson Silva, etc... and tell me what the outcome would likely be?  In my eyes, logically, since it's a fight, the UFC fighters would win, hands down... and with that being said, obviously the creepypasta guys could kill the UFC fighters out of the ring...  That's just an example of my view on potential vs capability.

• Brohoof 1

• 10 months later...

As far as potential:

Twilight would kill somepony if said pony were to kill Celestia, although it would be in a moment of intense anger, and she'd probably never get over herself.

Were Pinkie Pie to kill somepony, it would be due to an accident, definitely not cupcakes style. I could imagine her injuring someone during one of her Pinkamena states and not really thinking about it until later.

The rest of the ponies? Probably not. Even if their loved ones were killed, they'd be more of the type to have to try to bring the person to justice rather than kill them.

I kinda agree with you on Twilight and Pinkie, but I'm also I'm also kind of liking a few others analysis comments on how violent they can which, would be good.

• Brohoof 1