Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Little things people do to annoy you?

Lightning-flickr

(edited)

I could go on and on and on. Other human beings to me are probably the most irritating thing on the planet to me at times. Let's just go through the major ones:

• Stupidity. Stupidity for me is a very broad thing. To be stupid means not only to be unintentionally ignorant, which I am more forgiving towards, but to not even put forth an EFFORT to try to learn and better yourself/knowledge. I see that a lot of people are like this, and it drives me up a wall. So many lazy people, nobody wants to try. They could be so much better, so much smarter. It's not that difficult to at least try. Not just that though, stupidity is also being a general asshole for no reason. Cruelty is included in stupidity. Not circumstance-based being an asshole though, like when people get angry and they can't control their feelings. No, I just mean being an asshole on a consistent basis because you enjoy the detriment of others, or don't want to bother to better yourself.

• Lack of proper grammar and spelling. If you can't bother to put an effort to capitalize the beginning of a sentence which I'm sure you know how to do on a keyboard, then why should I put forth an effort to speak to you or read your content? Or respect you? It feels disrespectful to me, as though the person just doesn't care to have a serious conversation. I can understand typos born out of a mere accident. Those don't annoy me. It's just, once again, going into the whole "can't even bother to try." thing.

• As others have said, people who just suddenly stop talking in a conversation online. Honestly, I've gotten in the habit of doing it myself, because it's just something that everyone else does and people are just REALLY generally bad at conversing and coming up with topics. I get exhausted constantly having to come up with a topic of conversation and sometimes I just can't be bothered to keep talking. I'm working on that and being more honest. Still though, I don't like how this is a thing on the internet that is just kind of expected and not commented upon. I don't feel very friendly with someone who just stops answering me, even if they say the nicest things in the world. The only time I can understand this is when they stop answering at a point when it makes sense to stop talking. But just out of nowhere? No.

• Here is one of my biggest ones: being interrupted/distractions. I absolutely loathe it and it is the surefire and quickest way to make me absolutely furious. This is because I am a very focused person, and I don't like to meander around with nonsense. When I'm speaking, I like to get to the point. When someone interrupts or distracts me, they are breaking my focus with what I regard as unnecessary nonsense and rudeness. Let me finish. THEN you can talk. I typically let others finish their sentences. On top of this, I also get focused on things I'm doing. If I'm working on an art piece or writing a journal entry/post and someone just bursts in unannounced with NO warning... it annoys me heavily. Even if they knock, I typically groan and say: "What is it THIS time? Ugh."

• People staring/watching me. I do not like to be watched. It makes me really nervous and I literally just freeze up until they stop.

• Lazy uncreative responses. A lot of the time, these are stock responses like "kk" or "lol." Things that are one word and the absolute epitome in laziness. Once again, going back into people not trying. I also dislike when people say overused memes over and over again (like "took an arrow to the knee.") because they can't be bothered to actually think up anything themselves. And I really dislike it when a person just posts a picture and says nothing else. I don't speak picture language and I really have no idea what you're talking about if you just post some silly gif. Can't you at least be bothered to explain what this means? All of these things combined make me feel like the person I am speaking to isn't really an actual human being, but just some spambot programmed to regurgitate uncreative, overused material.

• Using humor when it is completely inappropriate. Please don't make a joke in a serious moment or when I'm trying to discuss something that's important to me. It WILL piss me off and make me feel like you're not listening to me, or taking me seriously. 

• Those who don't bother to listen/pay attention. This happens a lot in the form of people asking unnecessary questions that could be answered just by reading some obvious sign that was right in front of their face. This is one of my biggest pet peeves as well. I particularly don't like it when people aren't listening to ME, because I just feel like I'm wasting my time. What I want is to be heard - not to have some person pretend to listen to me by saying "Uh-huh." or "Yeah." I'll admit to doing this at times, but it's mostly because I misunderstood rather than wasn't actually paying attention/listening.

I realize that I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud. 

Edited by Shion Uzuki

I could go on and on and on. Other human beings to me are probably the most irritating thing on the planet to me at times. Let's just go through the major ones:

• Stupidity. Stupidity for me is a very broad thing. To be stupid means not only to be unintentionally ignorant, which I am more forgiving towards, but to not even put forth an EFFORT to try to learn and better yourself/knowledge. I see that a lot of people are like this, and it drives me up a wall. So many lazy people, nobody wants to try. They could be so much better, so much smarter. It's not that difficult to at least try. Not just that though, stupidity is also being a general asshole for no reason. Cruelty is included in stupidity. Not circumstance-based being an asshole though, like when people get angry and they can't control their feelings. No, I just mean being an asshole on a consistent basis because you enjoy the detriment of others, or don't want to bother to better yourself.

• Lack of proper grammar and spelling. If you can't bother to put an effort to capitalize the beginning of a sentence which I'm sure you know how to do on a keyboard, then why should I put forth an effort to speak to you or read your content? Or respect you? It feels disrespectful to me, as though the person just doesn't care to have a serious conversation. I can understand typos born out of a mere accident. Those don't annoy me. It's just, once again, going into the whole "can't even bother to try." thing.

• As others have said, people who just suddenly stop talking in a conversation online. Honestly, I've gotten in the habit of doing it myself, because it's just something that everyone else does and people are just REALLY generally bad at conversing and coming up with topics. I get exhausted constantly having to come up with a topic of conversation and sometimes I just can't be bothered to keep talking. I'm working on that and being more honest. Still though, I don't like how this is a thing on the internet that is just kind of expected and not commented upon. I don't feel very friendly with someone who just stops answering me, even if they say the nicest things in the world. The only time I can understand this is when they stop answering at a point when it makes sense to stop talking. But just out of nowhere? No.

• Here is one of my biggest ones: being interrupted/distractions. I absolutely loathe it and it is the surefire and quickest way to make me absolutely furious. This is because I am a very focused person, and I don't like to meander around with nonsense. When I'm speaking, I like to get to the point. When someone interrupts or distracts me, they are breaking my focus with what I regard as unnecessary nonsense and rudeness. Let me finish. THEN you can talk. I typically let others finish their sentences. On top of this, I also get focused on things I'm doing. If I'm working on an art piece or writing a journal entry/post and someone just bursts in unannounced with NO warning... it annoys me heavily. Even if they knock, I typically groan and say: "What is it THIS time? Ugh."

• People staring/watching me. I do not like to be watched. It makes me really nervous and I literally just freeze up until they stop.

• Lazy uncreative responses. A lot of the time, these are stock responses like "kk" or "lol." Things that are one word and the absolute epitome in laziness. Once again, going back into people not trying. I also dislike when people say overused memes over and over again (like "took an arrow to the knee.") because they can't be bothered to actually think up anything themselves. And I really dislike it when a person just posts a picture and says nothing else. I don't speak picture language and I really have no idea what you're talking about if you just post some silly gif. Can't you at least be bothered to explain what this means? All of these things combined make me feel like the person I am speaking to isn't really an actual human being, but just some spambot programmed to regurgitate uncreative, overused material.

• Using humor when it is completely inappropriate. Please don't make a joke in a serious moment when I'm trying to discuss something that's important to me. It WILL piss me off and make me feel like you're not listening to me, or taking me seriously. 

• Those who don't bother to listen/pay attention. This happens a lot in the form of people asking unnecessary questions that could be answered just by reading some obvious sign that was right in front of their face. This is one of my biggest pet peeves as well. I particularly don't like it when people aren't listening to ME, because I just feel like I'm wasting my time. What I want is to be heard - not to have some person pretend to listen to me by saying "Uh-huh." or "Yeah."
I realize that I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.

yah...u would really hate me

• 8 months later...

-Having loud phone calls in public. Actually, loudness in general...

-Slow walkers/people hanging around blocking up the pathway, and completely ignoring you when you try to inch around them. And sometimes it looks like they've left a little space to get through, but as soon as you approach it, they obliviously spread out in that direction and block it off.

-When people repeat themselves after everyone heard them perfectly well the first time... especially annoying when they repeat a swear word in the same way each time, it just becomes grating very quickly. =/

• Brohoof 1

- People who insist to cause drama and argue over the slightest of things.

- People who get offended way too easily.

- People who complain / are negative all the time.

• People who talk over.

People who can't drive.

Those who invade my privacy.

When someone doesn't knock my door before opening it/Doesn't close it after leaving or entering my room.

People who mess with my property.

Thugs.

Smartasses.

When someone reminds of my previous mistakes in a non humoristic way.

Does existence something little?

Joking aside...

I don't usually get pissed off. But smart Asses really bug me, especially when it turn out that there wrong. I encounter them every where -.- Its really annoying

-People standing in line and so focuses on their cell phones just stand there and don't move....

-People who walk into while on their cell phones and act like its your fault they ran into you

-Load people on their cell phones

-People who need to post every little detail of their life on facebook

-Over Cooked fans in a fandom who put down others not up to their level of "fandom"

-Flamers/Haters

• Brohoof 1

That guy that walks around playing his terrible rap music on max.

People who try to pass me on two lane roads when I stop for a school bus, twice.

People who talk over me when I am talking.

PLUS MANY MORE

• 1 month later...

When people leave my room and don't shut the door completely. PLEASE CLOSE THE DOOR COMPLETELY, IT ISNT HARD. D:

When people chew with their mouth open.

When lights are on for no reason.

When people call MLP "my little ponies". It isn't plural! You have no idea how much this bugs me.

People who advertise their relationship are annoying. 

Okay, yes, it's cool you two are together but you don't have to include that fact in everything you say and do.

- When people try acting tough. "Oh, you wanna fight me?!" No, I want you to get out of my face, if you'd be so kind >_>

- When I tell a self deprecatory joke like "oh, I'm such an idiot" and people genuinely think I hate myself and try to console me. This one is more irksome than anything, although I do appreciate how they care for me :)

- Leaving a freaking tap running! Turn the dang thing off! :angry:

People prying into my business. Like particularly with what I eat for lunch at work. No matter what I've eaten, I've always gotten comments about it. And because of my pickiness, I eat the same thing for lunch a lot, and this apparently warrants more comments. Can't people just leave it alone? If I gave them my commentary on their foods (which would probably make me throw up), they wouldn't like it.

Maybe I should do that... "Well, if I ate your food, I would end up throwing up all over the table" xD

Our store is going through a remodel, and I've even gotten comments from the temporary workers! OMG I'm so ready for them to be gone! All of the them!

A new one that I recently discovered is that I hate it when people call me or email me at work. That's just because we just changed the way the department handles payroll and it hasn't gone smoothly. We didn't even run a parallel test on this. We just jumped straight from the old system into the new one. And it didn't go smoothly because now (as the payroll coordinator for staff in our department), I get phone call all the time. 

I also hate it when people take stuff from my desk without asking. I paid for most of the stuff at my desk myself. Ask, don't take. There is only one person there who does that crap, but it really grinds my gears when she does. Fortunately, I'm not the only person she annoys. Evidently, she annoys literally everyone within five feet of her.