Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Perpetually in need of this album to come out... the Discordance Axis boys (minus Dave Witte :mustache:) strike again:

Check out a friend of mine's black metal project that just released its first EP! Support the dude, he's a cool guy and evidently puts out some killer tracks.

Promising death/crust from Estonia, debut full-length came out earlier this month:

Lastly, a Japanese death/thrash band that does a really sweet job of blending pretty crushing grooves, death-metal Flea bass, and technicality aplenty. Named after a renowned Samurai warrior and with album art featuring traditional Japanese art, it's pretty cool stuff. Really taking a liking to these guys recently, can hard to find all of their music on Youtube though.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:43 AM, Crispy said:

Ah, the old thread is still here. Good to see that.

Anyone else stoked on the new Shadow of Intent that dropped yesterday? Them boys seem to be coming for the deathcore crown

Crispy-kun :crackle:Long time no talk old buddy, how you been chief??

On 8/22/2019 at 9:15 PM, Misscellanio said:

Whoa! No one has posted the new Tool song yet??

I was pretty disappointed in the album honestly... sounded alot like 10,000 Days, but everyone was just playing on autopilot. Not really what I waited over a decade for, but it's alright. There's some cool enough tracks, like this one:

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lichmagick and Gotsu Totsu Kotsu scream greatness; thanks for perking up my morning, old friend.

It's been way too long since I posted some music here. But what to choose? I have to give props to the band that first introduced me to metal: the mighty Megadeth. While this song from Youthanasia lacks the power of their 80s material, it's arguably one of Dave Mustaine's greatest vocal performances.

But how about some modern metal bands I'm into? Admittedly there aren't many, but Gojira is one; a French juggernaut that truly lives up to its name. 

Jon Nodtveidt was a psycho, but if you're familiar with the 90s black metal band Dissection, you know he was as musically gifted as they come. While this performance of Elisabeth Bathory is a cover (Tormentor wrote the original), he adds more atmosphere to it. Still one of my favorites.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Always been a Gojira fan, I got the opportunity to see them a few years opening with Kvelertak for Mastodon... great times, would love to see them again sometime. And props on Dissection, that's an essential ;)

Cloud Rat: a female-fronted sludgy grind outfit with some screamo leanings. Hell the fuck yeah. Been digging into their discog lately, only started listening to them when this album came out ~2 weeks ago.

Another band I've been digging recently: Lord Dying. Can't speak to their releases prior to this one, but their 2019 effort will take you on a proggy sludge ride... for Mastodon fans.

Can't let y'all get away without some really heavy stuff. Enter: Antichrist Siege Machine, premiere war metal and riff kings ... their 2017 demo is even more of a riff-factory than this one.

On 8/17/2019 at 3:43 AM, Crispy said:

Anyone else stoked on the new Shadow of Intent that dropped yesterday? Them boys seem to be coming for the deathcore crown.

Been meaning to check that our forever, finally did. I do bemoan the loss of the Halo theme, but it's probably my favorite album by 'em overall. Crazy stuff... Hell ya Crispy.

• Brohoof 1

The Hu album finally came out and that got me into Mongolian music, since throat singing sounds so cool. Anyway, here's some Tengger Cavalry.

Also I found out the Hu is opening for BABYMETAL near me in mid October, so I flipped out for like 5 minutes before realizing it was sold out. So that sucks.

But on the subject of BABYMETAL, if you're into kawaii metal, I personally think Necronomidol is a bit better.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been on a big classic Swiss kick...

Prefer Morbid Tales to To Mega Therion by just a tiny bit, but Necromantical Screams has to be the greatest Celtic Frost track.

The best Coroner record imo:

They just have such a way of writing hazy, disorienting techy riffs.

23 hours ago, bronywhocodes said:

i fuckin love pantera. Phil's vocals and Darrell's (may he rest in peace) incredibly unique and heavy style of playing both absolutely make the band!

Check out Exhorder- Slaughter in the Vatican. Pantera ripped their whole sound off that album :crackle: Album below!

Lastly, some fucking ferocious 2019 war metal. Behold: Teitanblood. 

• Brohoof 2

Somehow missed the memo it was already the third of November- Gonna have to catch up for Black Metal November 

Unrelated:

30124755_1658604554236156_80532611368264

On 10/25/2019 at 10:28 PM, Captain Whirlwind said:

Oh wow! This thread is still here. 
Well. I think I might share one of my favorite metal bands I listen to today.

Anyone here like Car Bomb?

Car Bomb is sweet, I had the chance to see them in 2017 open for Animals as Leaders and Periphery, and quite honestly, their set was the best part of the show. Their 2019 album, Mordial, is just about as good as their previous, Meta:

16 hours ago, bronywhocodes said:

sepultura is pretty good

I like Sepultura but I don't listen to their albums after Arise very often at all, definitely prefer their original sound more:

• Brohoof 1

New Ozzy Osbourne song!!! Releases in 2 hours on YouTube, but I did this email thing where I could hear it beforehand. Idk if you could just check it out on Spotify now, but yea. Check it out later. 

I'm fond of the song, and excited to see what Ozzy comes with next, but he is my fav artist of all time, so I'm pretty much excited to hear about anything he's doing. 

• 1 month later...

Hey @Crispy, you listened to the new Acacia Strain album? It’s unprecedentedly atmo-sludge and doom for them.

Spoiler

OUR

ONLY

SIN

WAS

GIVING

THEM

NAMES

Listened to a bunch of The Doors and Deftones during finals, haha...

Last one:

Bemoaning the loss of Julie Christmas, it’s still solid stuff! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Y'all already know I copped the two-day pass :catface: 

Spoiler

dBMBF2020_FullPageAdmat_ROUND3ONLINE-3.jpg

RIP Sean Reinert, legendary drummer for Cynic and a briefer time with Death. Both these bands were very important for my descent into the darker pits of madness death metal...

Spoiler

Big sludge week:

Spoiler

Lastly, cannot emphasize how damn strong the two Undeath releases from last year were... this band will go places.

Spoiler

Some tech death that sounds something like Atheist, Death, Cryptospy, Gorguts,even At The Gates but dropped this album before any of those bands' debut LPs were even out yet. wewlad.jpg

Spoiler

Anyone got any 2020 heat? Have yet to listen to any metal that's come out thus far...

/////this thread is so dead/////

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2020 at 5:41 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

Brand new Lamb Of God!

Ah just came here to post it. Just heard it. Great track 

Def. excited to pick up new album. 

Also Ozzy Osbourne album releases in two days! 

OH SNAPS! Speak of the devil! New Ozzy Osbourne song released a few mins ago

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...