Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your favourite video game of all time?

----------

For me it's a toss up between two series... Grand Theft Auto, and Tekken.  

Which kinda makes me an odd one outta the rest of you guys, lol.

My favourite game used to be Super Smash Bros. Then it was Super Smash Bros. Melee. Now it's Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And in a few months, it'll probably be Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U.

• Brohoof 1

I've played a lot of fantastic games

A lot

From Elder Scrolls to Far Cry, from Final Fantasy to Katamari Damacy, from League of Legends to Team Fortress 2, from Madworld to Super Mario Galaxy, I've played so many games

But after everything, there's one that stands out as being my favorite, after all these years

And that's Half-Life 2: Episode 2

For its characters, its setpieces, its organic gameplay, its interesting environments, and for letting me drive a car around in the woods throwing explosives onto giant 3-legged insect tanks and then shooting to detonate them.

• Brohoof 1

I could never pick any one game as an all-time favorite.

I'll just list some franchises that often sit at the top:

Sonic the Hedgehog

Wild Arms

Shin Megami Tensei

Headhunter

D-Souls

Castlevania

I could go on forever about which ones are my favorite games in each series and the rankings change constantly.

• Brohoof 1

It's difficult for me to pick just one favorite, since I enjoy most, if not all, of my games.

Some of my favorites include;

- The Metal Gear series.

- Transformers games.

- The Metroid Prime trilogy or the Metroid series in general (yes, even Other: M).

- The Ninja Gaiden series.

- Okami.

• Brohoof 2

Ack, there's so many choices. If I had to distill it down to one, though, it'd have to be Journey for the PS3 (listening to the soundtrack now, even). Never have I been so emotionally moved by a video game, and I still play it every so often since it's just that good.

37596-Spyro_the_Dragon_%5BNTSC-U%5D-1.jp

This game defined my life as a gamer in my early years, and I still tend to put this game on a pedestal so high. <3

Other candidates:

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

The Witcher II: Assasins of Kings

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Dragon Age: Origins

• Brohoof 4

Despite me growing up with Ocarina of Time and all that childhood cliche jazz, Twilight Princess takes the cake for my favorite game.

I also wanted to point out that I'm more for the comics and animated series fan but if DC did anything great, It'd be video games. The Arkham series is a masterpiece all complete with the occasional star voices of Kevin Conroy and Mark Hammil~! *Batman fan squee* But in Arkham City they made Timmy have a super deep voice... *grumbles at big-time media Robin interpretations*

As for video games, Marvel needs to get their shit together! I'd love to see something like Arkham City on their part.

• Brohoof 1

inb4 Jackleberry w/ Arma 2 post.  >_> 

... Oh wait, that's me. :blush:

Yep, Arma 2 is my favourite game of all time (and game series). Nothing new there. :P It's fills in my need for a shooter type game, and with the mission editor, provides me with the capability of making any scenario I'd like, serious or random, large or small. No other game, that I've played anyways, has really done that on this scale. Not to mention, it's introvert friendly! Huuuge plus for me right there, immediate +10,000 points!

Guess it depends on what kind of video game you are talking about... So I will just list the 3-way tie that happens & why;

1. For games that take time & effort; Borderlands 2. Love the characters, good & evil, so many weapons, & it is the game that brought me and my dad together so it holds a lot of sentimental value  :)

2. Time waster; Pokemon, specifically Yellow. Pokemon Yellow sums up why I love handheld games... Easy to pick up & play, can still have plenty of stuff to do giving you tons of hours of playtime, & adorable yet incredible creatures. It is why I love the games to this day.

3. Just for fun; Spyro. We are talking the original trilogy on PS1 Spyro, by the way. BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHERS!  :angry: Anyways... These games are what made me a gamer, & they will always have a special place in my heart... And my game library  ;)

Well I do actually like classics. You know, pac man and stuff. Out of classics my fav, would probly be dig dug. I am rather good at it. Although, I am pretty freakin awesom at Bosconian. I really love that game. I don't remember all the details, but I remeber once I wanted to go for the world record. I think I was close to half way as to the furthest I ever got. Oh, and xavious(sp?) was pretty cool. That was the first video game to go virtically rather than horizontal I think. Also to make a new language by fans. Really fun. But currently, I have been playing Elder Scrolls V, and I really have been likeing that lately.

But speaking of video games, mine as well check this out for those who never saw it. Super cool! I promiss:

post-19737-0-53769600-1404451001.jpg

post-19737-0-79220200-1404451002.jpg

post-19737-0-20940700-1404451015_thumb.jpg

My favorite Video Game of all time will probably have to be either Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the Playstation 3, or the good ol' fashioned game Perfect Dark on the Nintendo 64. Well, I guess I can't forget The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on the N64 either.... so they are all tied for my favorite game. 

(edited)

CANDY CRUSH SAGA, OBVIOUSLY!

ah, I'm just kiddin', its a mix between Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Dark Souls and Borderlands 2 for me. I can't decide which one i like more, considering I have spent hundreds of hours on all three individually and had damn fun in that time

Edited by Monotone
  • Brohoof 1

FIFA 08 on the PSP.

I was prepared for a lot of things but.. 

Interesting choice nonetheless!

I get the most fun out of most games when I play them with friends and the one I've played and laughed with the most is Team Fortress 2.