Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why did nopony seem to recognize Twilight at the garden party?

ggg-2

I just got done rewatching Sweet and Elite, and something that struck me as odd was nopony seemed to recognize Twilight when she and the others accidentally crashed the garden party. But why didn't they recognize her? This is a pony who is, A. a Canterlot native, B. the younger sister and best friend of a somewhat important stallion. (Captain of the royal guard anyone?) C. The former, and favorite, charge of Celestia's niece who foalsat her, and who would soon become her sister-in-law. And, oh yeah, speaking of princesses, D. the personal student of CELESTIA HERSELF! Oh, and how could I forget? E. she and her friends have saved your rumps TWICE at that point. Show a little respect, ya uppity jerks!

Edited by ggg-2

This is sad really. She saves the whole of Equestria at least once per season, and yet nopony pays attention to her until she becomes a Princess.

I always wondered this too. Although I guess its better than her being hounded in each season as we saw glimpses of in season 4.

I always wondered this too. Although I guess its better than her being hounded in each season as we saw glimpses of in season 4.

What about Rarity takes Manehattan?

I'm pretty sure no one recognized Twilight as a princess when she was trying to fetch that cab for Rarity.

Which, by the way, Twilight could have totally gotten away with because she IS a Princess.

What about Rarity takes Manehattan?

I'm pretty sure no one recognized Twilight as a princess when she was trying to fetch that cab for Rarity.

Which, by the way, Twilight could have totally gotten away with because she IS a Princess.

Hence why I said "glimpses" ;)

That definitely would have been convenient :lol:

Twilight does not have the connections that you might expect. Yes, she's a princess, but there are famous folks IRL who are snubbed because not everyone knows about that person. Try and name the governor of Nevada. Without the entourage, he would just be an ordinary man because I don't even know his name.

Justin Bieber is probably unknown to the West Virginian folks who are proud to not have internet. Barrack Obama is still unknown in the rural parts of China (They think Clinton is still president). Think of this situation like that.

Twilight does not have the connections that you might expect. Yes, she's a princess, but there are famous folks IRL who are snubbed because not everyone knows about that person. Try and name the governor of Nevada. Without the entourage, he would just be an ordinary man because I don't even know his name.

Justin Bieber is probably unknown to the West Virginian folks who are proud to not have internet. Barrack Obama is still unknown in the rural parts of China (They think Clinton is still president). Think of this situation like that.

except we are not talking about some farmers village, we are talking about canterlot.

the elite of the elite of canterlot. the kind that actually reads newspapers and listens to speeches by the princess.

at this point in the show,twilight has:

saved the world from nightmare moon.

uhh..yeah thats it i guess.

but still: enough to at least print a news article about it.

Oh my gosh, I find it funny how no one, at all, recognizes her. I thought I was the only one. But she DID 'crash' a garden party, thinking it was what the others thought it was. A non-formal party. But ever since she became a princess, i've noticed that no-one even bows down to her. Jeez guys, after this former unicorn saved all yo butts, the least you can do is obey her bidding and give her a corn dog. :angry: 

Edited by Nature Of Fluttershy

@Sceethe Sweet and Elite is a season 2 episode, so besides saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon, she also just got done saving it from becoming Discord's personal chaotic playground.

Oh my gosh, I find it funny how no one, at all, recognizes her. I thought I was the only one. But she DID 'crash' a garden party, thinking it was what the others thought it was. A non-formal party. But ever since she became a princess, i've noticed that no-one even bows down to her. Jeez guys, after this former unicorn saved all yo butts, the least you can do is obey her bidding and give her a corn dog. :angry: 

I don't think Twilight likes corn dogs.

I know Sonic does, though. (Although, I may be thinking of Chili Dogs.)

Um, why exactly are you all crediting Twilight alone for saving Equestria from NNM and Discord? All the Mane Six should be famous for saving the world twice over. However, it should be clear that it would become really difficult to write episodes that were consistent with 6 heroinic celebrities having problems in daily life. Considering Rarity Takes Manehatten, it wouldn't have been an issue if Twilight could just DEMAND a taxi for Rarity for use. Problems would become trivial, and that doesn't make for exciting episodes or character development.

tl:dr: A certain amount of suspension of disbelief is required here.

• 10 months later...
(edited)

I've seen the Head Canon that the Elements kept the Mane 6 from being recognized so they could live normal lives.  (Sort of like super heroes having secret IDs) + It seems plausible that Celestia kept Twilight's picture from being posted for the same reason.

Now that the Elements have been returned to the tree, they are getting more recognition.

Edited by sweetolebob18

I always noticed that even before Twilght became a princess. The mane six save Equestria many times and only when they give the Elements back to the tree of harmony do they get recognition. It's weird. 

This was in season 2 episode 9. At that point Twilight was barely known in Ponyville and even less in Canterlot. Just because she was a student of Celestia she wasn't in the same level as the other nobles plus it's already been shown Twilight was never out for parties or anything her time in Equestria all she did was study. Also doubt anyone would care about the sister of the Captain of the Royal Guard I know I wouldn't.