Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite & Recommended Fanfictions

Slendermane

The Mane Cast-offs (so retarded it was funny)

I'll Fly Higher (so very much sad)

Family Appreciation Day (it's Scootaloo's story, I guess it was sad)

The Birds and the Bees (it's not a clopfic whatsoever, it's pretty funny, and CLEAN)

Monster Mash (Pinkie's part made me cry xD I guess it's a little dark but not that much)

On a Cross and Arrow (you probably read it, but I feel like mentioning it)

Not My destiny (it has the slightest bit of dark in it, but the last canon chapter was sad and I shed em' tears)

Muffins (Cupcake parody that's hilarious, it's not grimdark)

Eat at Pony Joe's (it actually seemed like an episode of MLP)

(they just made the Sequel to On a Cross and Arrow and I bet it's good)

A Whisper of Wind

(I'd give you more, but I only read Pinkie Pie fanfictions, and I don't feel like posting any ClopFics/Grimdark)

I was correct, the sequel was awesome, and I can't wait til the next chapter

• Brohoof 2

Past Sins

Better With Science and Ponies

Creeping Darkness

Conversion Bureau: Last man standing

Beating the heat (I'm going to pony hell :lol: )

Envy & Arrogance

Hiatus

On a Cross and Arrow

Giving Love a Helping Hoof

A Slice of Life

Two's Company Three's a Crowd

Allegrezza

Duties

This is one of my all time favorites! Rainbow Leap. Stripped to the bone, Rainbow Dash goes through the different multiverses of Cupcakes. Don't worry, no gore moments. It's epic mostly (At least to me, I don't know what your preferences of epicness is), but it does have it's funny moments.

It's worth a try, trust me =3

i just read that.

That was really epic, especially when

Dash killed cupcakes pinkie

• Brohoof 1

Hey Punk! (Wow! Never thought I would be saying that in the manner of a friendly greeting. :lol: ) There are some fanfics here that I would second.

Creeping Darkness - Alan Wake crossover, set up nicely and keeps the characterization and rules of both settings rather well.

On A Cross and Arrow - VERY funny! Some shipping, but it's handled well and is actually touching.

Fallout: Equestria - Deserves all the credit it's given! Even if some refuse to call it great literature, despite it's epic scale and flawless depiction of Joseph Cambell's "The Hero's Journey", it's at least one of the greater fanfictions ever written in the internet's brief history. Taking the basic premise of a much loved cartoon and casting it in a much darker setting, while STILL maintaining the source material's style and idealistic outlook! (Both sources in fact, Fallout 3 is one of the few in the series where there's a genuine happy ending.) It IS pretty dark. I'm not even halfway in and it's clear Equestria is a dying wasteland of danger and decadence, but the author actually uses that to powerful effect by showing the Magic of Friendship actually means MORE in such a setting.

It's A Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door - (Engaging Royal Canterlot voice) DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND READ THIS STORY RIGHT NOW! :angry: . . . Still need convincing huh? :mellow: Fine. From what you described you were looking for in your original posting, this story has all that and a bag of apples! It fleshes out the world beyond Equestria, perfectly portrays the characters and convincingly deepens their relationship, and has an epic premise that isn't out of the context of the show!

The Recommendations have been doubled!

• 1 month later...

my little dashie

rainbow factory

sweet apple massacre

cupcakes

pretty in pink

i couldnt wake you, because you can never wake up again

silent ponyville

rocket of insanity

Twi and me

Trixies fun house

airshiping is magic

princes molestia

the plague

the cough

equestrian pie

quest for the friendship stones

I know Fallout:Equestria has been said but it's awesome if grim. Also The Dresden Fillies: Strange Friends is a great Dresden files crossover if you like adventure, it's hard-boiled wizard detective meets MLP and the author did a great job on Dresden's internal monologue which I think is one of the most attractive aspects of "The Dresden Files".

Edited by Hatguy

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow Factory was really good.

and "The experiments of Twilight Sparkle" was a good one too.

O_O oh god. I just got done reading "Rocket to Insanity".....

Edited by Tukr

Trixie's Funhouse. Never venture down that dark path my friend for it only leads to misery.

Hmm, I quite liked The Moonstone Cup (I think that is its name, its late and I haven't slept for a day now). Its more of an adventure fanfic but it really grabbed my attention along with having Twilight as the main protagonist. I loved Twos company, threes a crowd. Best shipping fic out there, in my opinion. Vinyl and Octavia are the bestest, cutest, awesomest, rockingest couple ever. Lets see, what else. Teardrops and Snowflakes (or Snowflakes and Teardrops, curse my fickle mind). Its a nice shipping fic between Trixie and Twilight and whilst its not my favorite it is still very good.

Trixie's Funhouse, Rarity's New Dress, and Sweet Apple Massacre are the 3 fanfics you must really avoid. To quote Billy Madison, " Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd

It's about a romance between Octavia and Vinyl Scratch, and I gotta say, I didn't really care for them before I read this fic, but now they are some of my favourite background ponies. There's also some comedy in this one. Not only is this fanfic awesome, and the best one I have ever read so far, it's also LONG (100000+ words) and it's not even finished yet.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/2060/Two%27s-Company%2C-Three%27s-a-Crowd

• 1 month later...

Name some of your guys' favorite fanfics! My personal favorite is My Little Dashie, great storyline, sad ending, burst into tears at the ending. :'(

post-4664-0-84581500-1337835268.jpg

• Brohoof 1

*crosses fingers in hopes that someone finally says Equestria Hockey League*

Wait... what? :blink:

LOL, just kidding, but please, do explain, is this a comedy fanfic or something? If so, please post a link, cause I do enjoy a good comedic fanfic, which are kinda hard to find sometimes.

As for my favorite MLP fanfics, well, the only one I've read is My Little Dashie, so I guess I have to go with that... but even if I'd read more, I'd still probably go with that, it was just a fantastically written fanfic. :)

LOL, just kidding, but please, do explain, is this a comedy fanfic or something? If so, please post a link, cause I do enjoy a good comedic fanfic, which are kinda hard to find sometimes.

Well parts of it is comedic. It's more of an action/sports fanfic.

Oh well, here's the 1st chapter if you're still interested. http://xfizzle.deviantart.com/gallery/31669807#/d41n7eo