Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@dosey doe

It's 21:30 in RP time, that's what I meant. :) And the setting is early autumn, no special events planned. Might be there can be held a big party when Ponyville is repaired though? Coukd be a thing. :)

As for starting places, we don't have anypony in the park right now, but I can set one in the market that can work and direct you towards the others. Which one you'll stumble into there can be a mystery then. :3

k1ItOq3.jpg

This is the one I had in mind. His name is Clayton Quartz, and he owns a rather large construction firm in Canterlot. He's in Ponyville to help with getting materials there. He's a good chap, you'd like him. :)

Also, you really made those models yourself? You're freaking amazing then. O.o It looks exactly like one from the show.

@Blitz Boom

Wow, you really want to run another guy? You look like you've got enough going on already. Also, she's pretty much the exact opposite of a night owl, sooooo I'm pretty sure she'd be asleep at the moment. Well, I'll figure something out.

(thanks again!)

@Blitz Boom

Hey Blitz! So I know it's been a while since I was last here, but I may be interested in coming back in just for some casual practice if you're looking for additional toons to be in places. I'm not really looking for any particular scenario, just interested in running something a bit less structured for Saffron in the background. :)

@Dji

19 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

This isn't an anime highscool.

Awww! But I make an excellent Tentacle Beast! Besides, I call 'em that, because whatever else do you call those darling little sailor uniforms that clearly have never been intended for anybeing over the age of eight! You know, those starched-stiff blue & white numbers? Like the ones Mike used to wear in pretty much every acting job he ever took for some reason; the ones he showed the bots back in that one episode?

Besides. Horses don't wear clothes, so where ya gettin' modesty from here, buddy? Considering how ponies seem to be made of marshmellows & bubblegum, can't think if they even have anything to begin with to show!  So! Yes! This IS just some crazy Oocing thing!

As for what'll happen with the body kerjiggery with @~Phoenix~, well, she'll just have to bring that up with me once we get over all the recovering, forced healing.... me technically not existing.... well, later on down the road I daresay!

I'm just shooting ideas out here, I don't mean to sound too over-ambitious or pushy. Can't really say that I have much in the way of RPing experience yet myself.

@Widdershins

i'm actually gonna put that idea on hold. i'd much rather do something a bit more normal for the story (as normal as you can possibly be with widdershins) and maybe reserve that for a more down the road sorta thing. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Sorry for delays here, but long day, and things have weighed on my mind. Got the post made, but OOC posts won't be until tommorow. Sorry. :(

Just thought I should post this here. hope you find it to your liking. It takes into account something of a fannon for the Zebras. The Fallen Star and their dislike for those touched by the stars. This would have been part of my last post but I wanted you to see and approve it first.

The ritual in the scroll is most ancient and Zebra in origin. It speaks of a fallen star and power from consuming others like it. The ritual is quite complicated and has very strict set of requirements for activating said ritual. If belladonna knows of the stars and their alignments, she also knows that this is potentially a very bad ritual that could bring allot of death and destruction if it is ever fully translated. She also finds several scraps of parchment that depicts alterations and adjustments for summoning beings from beyond the star, as it is stated on the scraps of paper.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@Dji Oh, Honeycube. Don't tempt a Druhkonikiss. Well, unless you want to dress an ashen corpse in a pure white wedding dress & drag it down an suddenly appearing aisle!

So, ah, @Blitz Boom & @Lloyd? What's with both of you mentioning me for your current sections of your guyses story? I'm not involved yet, am I? I know you've mentioned a golden idol... but I've since dropped out of that running, giving(...what was it?) Betrayal to Seamore. Thing is, I'm not a mind for the action genre so I get pretty lost in all that blood magic N' stuff you guys were doing. Though, my pirate guy is action-orientated in my mind, so I might be able to work it if it comes to it, but as I stand now, if i'm to get involved into all that, I'll need quite a bit of coaching.

Like, I dunno, like tossing a cutlass at somepony to pin them to the wall. Seems like a very fine line between action-fighting & "god-modding."

Actually, come to think of it, this whole Elements of Disharmony stuff seems complicated enough to make its own thread with now.

Oh, and sorry for being behind in replies. I have... like no time management skills!

@Widdershins

Well it's only god modding if you hurt another players OC without giving them room to escape that harm in their own post.

Anyways, at this point it's either you play the guardian as if it wasn't already the element of betrayal and was just a guardian, or the statue is just, there. Or @Blitz Boom controls it. hopefully one of these options work.

@dosey doe

It isn't that much of a bother really. Clayton is one of those I have an easier time writing as I have the idea of how he acts and would respond to thing pretty set in my mind.

I will have to say though, since others seemed to have missed it: It is night time. The market will then be closed, even though the area might hold a few who is trying to make the best of how there's ponies awake later than usual because of the rebuilding efforts etc.

==================================================================

@Dark Horse

Uuhhh... Well, this is awkward, but I honestly have no idea who you are dude, sorry. :/ My bad memory somethings kicks me in the flank.

Though the more accurate sentence is that your name does ring a bell, but I can't place it. Only performer pony I can remember that wasn't female were one who kept writing poetry in every post, and I get the nagging feeling that ain't you.

Anyway, if you're looking for something uncomplicated and just dozing along, we should likely keep you out of the Ponyville main square. Lot's going on there, whereas the forest is a bit calmer. there's a zombie pony, a dryad and soon a dragon out there.

... You know what, might be a bit much still. Want a side adventure not connected to this perhaps? I think I still have an NPC or two in my folder I can make use of, and you can decide later on if you want to merge into one of the groups.

=======================================================================

@Widdershins

What can I say? I have to think about the wording of things a bit here. Same reason *lewd* wouldn't really cut it, though yes, I know, that one's far more on the nose. Just figured that it'd be best not to take the chance. You don't want the moderators to chase you after all. :)

And understood @~Phoenix~ we'll save that for another time. Other stuff to get done before that. :)

=========================================================================

@WiiGuy2014 Eh, it's fine, I covered it. ^^

Also, good on you to catch the Gaston reference. I couldn't help it. :P

======================================================================

@Midnight_Aurora

I would have preferred that you put it in the RP actually. I stalled away from mentioning what was in the paper as it's your item, and thus, your gig to say what's written on it unless otherwise specified. :)

Still, I'll work on this the next post, see if I can get it incorporated somehow. Have to decide how much Belladonna might know about this particular subject of the stars first. :)

=======================================================================

@Dji @Widdershins

I wholeheartedly support this craziness. ^_^ This sort would make everything else happening in the current RP Day seem like nothing. :P

=====================================================================

@Widdershins @Lloyd

I keep tagging you because you mentioned taking control of the large golden statue. Even after giving the element over to Seamore, you mentioned taking up another. Hence, I were of the impression that you were still part of this particular side of things. Good to have it cleared up though. :)

As for the action RP, trust me, I am not an expert ont hat. Usual stuff with that I run tends to be against NPC's where i ca control what happens with them. Few pointers though, is to not make a definitive choice about what happens to the other person. Using the cutlass example you mentioned, a proper, neutral one would be *He threw his cutlass at the pony, aiming to pin him/her to the wall*

You can add int hem being distracted, not having a lot of time, or the odds being low for not being hit, but as long as you don't push in something definitively happening with the other's char - unless they have set themselves up for it - you're golden.

And with *being set up for it* I refer to for example Chow, who I had pushed to the point where it was obvious that he were going to be pushed away somehow. Feeding it to my opponent on a platter, so to say. :)

Oh, and as for the statue, you two don't worry. With all the blood being spilled right now, I think this warrants me taking advantage of an opportune distraction via the golden statue. Get ready to make a run for it when it is Lloyd. :)

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

because of the rebuilding efforts etc.

Can somebody give me the cliff notes on what happened?

Also, I think I'll wait til morning to post, and see if anybody wants to do something together. You shouldn't have to provide another character for every single player.

@dosey doe

Issue really is that morning, if we follow the current time spend, will take about two months to actually happen. Time moves slowly in the RP. since I don't run the sort of ship that goes a day in real time is a day in RP time. Far too rushed that sort for my taste.

Again, my offer stands to have you join me in a morning part and then RP between us until the rest picks up, but it is your choice of course. :)

1 minute ago, Blitz Boom said:

@dosey doe

Issue really is that morning, if we follow the current time spend, will take about two months to actually happen. Time moves slowly in the RP. since I don't run the sort of ship that goes a day in real time is a day in RP time. Far too rushed that sort for my taste.

Again, my offer stands to have you join me in a morning part and then RP between us until the rest picks up, but it is your choice of course. :)

Sure, that'll work. Just one question: What if something happens in the "past" that affects people playing in the "future"? Like, let's say we're in Sugarcube Corner in the morning, for example, and then somepony accidentally starts a fire there the night before.

4 minutes ago, Blitz Boom said:

@dosey doe

actually, i think you said it was 21:30 (or 9:30) but i think what Phoenix and Smokey have been through has taken them an hour or two at least. so i suppose time is moving, somewhat. 

also, i know this might make things a little more confusing, but with so many things going on, it could be entirely possible that time moves at different speeds for different groups of characters who are getting things done faster than most. it may not seem to make a whole lot of sense, but think of it this way. since many of these interactions hardly ever cross over, it wouldn't damage things /too/ badly. you'd just have to think that perhaps, what's happening with my character and smokey, could be up ahead in the future for some, or in the past for others. the way i prefer to think it is that each and every single one of these seperate stories happening within casual stroll are like their own little bubble. and these bubbles can move at whatever pace they want to without interfering with other bubbles

i think that's a wacky way @Widdershins would wonderfully work with 

8 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

@Dji @Widdershins

I wholeheartedly support this craziness. ^_^ This sort would make everything else happening in the current RP Day seem like nothing. :P

@Blitz Boom, @Widdershins

You know the husband and wife roles will be switched if this wedding ever happens in the RP, right?

@dosey doe

Why does your post start a day ahead everyone else? Even after reading what you and @Blitz Boom posted, it's still confusing.

@Dji Basically, it takes place the following morning. Consider it a self-contained thing; anyone who concludes their current thing tonight can then jump in, if they want. Or that's how I understand it. @Blitz Boom can explain it better. I might end up having to edit it or delete it and wait to post until later, I dunno.

@dosey doe

I have mentioned a few times to people asking to destroy more of town to refrain from doing so. I think we've had enough mass destruction in town for the time being.

Or in cruder terms: If anypony sets fire to Sugarcube Corner, I set fire to them. :) Being GM is fun sometimes, hehe. :P

P.S. There's no need to delete your post. Things explained further down.

================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Yes, I did say 21:30 at the time. Others can move ahead with some degree of speed if they so wish to, just as long as they remember that others are behind them, timewise. :)

As for Phoenix and Smokey in particular, things that have happened have moved time, yes. It's why every... What, fourth or fifth post I move the clock about a half to a whole hour forward. Moves us closer to lay down for the night, and doesn't drag things to a point where it seems a lot of action have happened int he last thirty seconds. Or well, I'm trying to at least.

And yes, as you said, time isn't stationary for all necessarily. Perfectly fine for some to split off and spend time in another fashion that way, long as they remember how it will affect getting near other ponies. :)

============================================================

@Dji

It is actually in the rules I set when I made the RP thread back int he day. I allow for people to set their adventure within a 24 hour timespan of one another. Keeps it more collected, and allows for those who - like @dosey doe - would prefer a morning setting. And it's more like 10 hours into the future, not a day. :P

You gotta remember, for the longest time, the RP's in this one have been spread around with several minor groups. Now a lot are gathered int he same area more or less and it is somewhat changed, but as you can see them split up and such these days, this rule helps. Say like if Phoenix and Smokey were now exhausted and needed sleep. Having all follow the exact time would require me to tell Phoenix that she would have to stop posting for a while until the rest had reached morning, which would hardly be fair. I don't like to exclude others unless I have to. :(

Oh, right there, @dosey doe, @~Phoenix~ does bring up a valid point. You both do really. I'm sure though that @Blitz Boom does intend to keep everybeing on roughly the same level. Say, if you felt like wandering over to Phoenix to talk, you'd both be needing to be on the same day at least.

But really, when it comes down to it, each being has their own perception of reality and time around them. You spending all day in your house wouldn't let you know what your neighbors are doing all day in their house. We keep a sort of bubble reality around us at all times which occasionally rubs up against others to merge together & coalesce into bigger, more colorful bubbles. An almost metaphorically tangible wall of sorts, because time is a dimension after all. Where if one were so inclined they could reach out a claw to pick up some stallion and "fast-forward" them ahead to meet you in the morning.

But I'm just musing here.

...heavens, I'm behind on my posts!