Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 5 Predictions/Hopes

#1Dashyfan

Agreed! I LOVED AJ's reaction to Discord in that episode; her no nonsense manner really worked well with him.

:D I really (REALLY) want to see them all become such good friends with Discord to the point where they might have to defend him from the less friendly ponies who don't want him around...or maybe they'd have to teach him to restrain himself.

I think, if there was a seventh Element of Harmony, it would be Discord's. Sacrifice.

Then again, Discord is the spirit of chaos...if he become completely reformed, will he disappear...? Or die?

I don want it to happen, but I think it would make a very touching scene. :(

I think Sunset is supposed to be a secondary character, Twilight is still clearly the leader and is the most developed, not to mention there is a good chance that friendship games could be the last in the series (at least for quite some time).

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if Sunset got full time wings in the Friendship games as an upgrade to depict her growth as as character.

I think we'll probably get a 4th EQG movie though; S6 for FIM has been confirmed, so I'd expect they'd want to continue making EQG movies so long as FIM is running.

post-33206-8431_thumb.png

• Brohoof 2

We'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if Sunset got full time wings in the Friendship games as an upgrade to depict her growth as as character.

I think we'll probably get a 4th EQG movie though; S6 for FIM has been confirmed, so I'd expect they'd want to continue making EQG movies so long as FIM is running.

Twilight is still shown at the front in the promotional material so I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up, and there's a good chance of EG being put on hold for a while as they have to develop the theatrical movie (that's actually about ponies) for 2017.

Twilight is still shown at the front in the promotional material so I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up, and there's a good chance of EG being put on hold for a while as they have to develop the theatrical movie (that's actually about ponies) for 2017.

Promo material can be decieving; Sunset wasn't even ON the Rainbow rocks promo material, yet ended up being the closest thing to the mane character of that movie that we had since the plot revolved heavily around her growth as a character (compared to none of the others really growing in any special way).

And Sunset has been presented in juxtposition next to Twilight in the images we've gotten too, so she's definitely being more heavily pushed this time. (Not to mention they made friendship through the ages revolve around her plus she got My past is not today pushing her for the target audience).

as they have to develop the theatrical movie (that's actually about ponies) for 2017.

I wouldn't be so sure of that, they have all spark productions to handle the 2017 movie, with alot of outside talent working on it instead of the original team; I don't think it'll eat in as much as we'd think to the normal staff.

Promo material can be decieving; Sunset wasn't even ON the Rainbow rocks promo material, yet ended up being the closest thing to the mane character of that movie that we had since the plot revolved heavily around her growth as a character (compared to none of the others really growing in any special way).

And Sunset has been presented in juxtposition next to Twilight in the images we've gotten too, so she's definitely being more heavily pushed this time. (Not to mention they made friendship through the ages revolve around her plus she got My past is not today pushing her for the target audience).

I wouldn't be so sure of that, they have all spark productions to handle the 2017 movie, with alot of outside talent working on it instead of the original team; I don't think it'll eat in as much as we'd think to the normal staff.

That doesn't mean anything, you said it yourself Sunset wasn't even on the RR poster, and creators trying to make audiences like a character is pretty standard last time I checked, so again I still don't think it means anything. And if I recall correctly I believe that studio was just funding the movie not producing it. I'd recommend we stop this as it's just spamming up this topic.

Well said mate. Well said.

You talking to me (if so thanks)?

Well, I want to see more puns by Pinkie. I've really enjoyed the randomness that gives Pinkie her character.

I was just thinking today about how we're in for a new episode centered with Pinkie. It's been a little while since the last one, after all.  ;)

As for my season 5 hopes: the return of Chrysalis. I can dream. Yes, I can dream. :(  

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are something's I wish:

1. Daring Do coming to Ponyville meeting Spike the Dragon, showing that she can tell Spike's a good dragon.

2. Coco Pommel coming to Ponyville

3. The Main Six and Spike going to the Griffin Kingdom.

Well according to some user on the MLP wiki named GoldenLine: He apparently made a whole lotta predictions for the rest of the episodes in Season 5. But the point is: The episode titles appears to be leaked and of course fake. And yes I know the CMC won't be getting their marks and besides we will be getting a sixth season and an All-Pony movie in 2017, so don't worry right now, alright? Plus, in case if the CMC doesn't get their marks, it's time for a slice-of-life CMC spinoff series. 

I'm gonna say this again: The leaked episode titles and synopsis for each upcoming episode from 9 to 26 are 100% fake. And yes I do NOT trust that 4chan website.

Here's my PROOF that the leaked episode titles is fake: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Epicalaxy_Master/Leaked_Season_5_episode_titles%3F_(discussion)

My hopes for the rest of Season 5:

- Cutie-mark-Crusaders get their Cutie-marks.

It's honestly been fun watching Sweetiebell, Applebloom and Scootaloo search for their

special talent but I think they should put that arc to a close before it gets too repetitive.

- Derpy Hooves appears in an episode or two with actual lines!

- Treehugger becomes an occasional appearance-Pony. 

- An episode that focuses on a Pony's background/ many Ponies backgrounds. (e.g. before Ponyville)

- One of the mane 6 develops a relationship.

• Brohoof 2

My hopes for the rest of Season 5:

- Cutie-mark-Crusaders get their Cutie-marks.

It's honestly been fun watching Sweetiebell, Applebloom and Scootaloo search for their

special talent but I think they should put that arc to a close before it gets too repetitive.

- Derpy Hooves appears in an episode or two with actual lines!

- Treehugger becomes an occasional appearance-Pony. 

- An episode that focuses on a Pony's background/ many Ponies backgrounds. (e.g. before Ponyville)

- One of the mane 6 develops a relationship.

I like the idea of the Mane Six expanding their circle of friends. :) It seems suitable, and could make for some good stories. I also agree about the CMC, though I'm really unsure of how that's gonna turn out.

Wouldn't it be funny if the got the CMC logo as their cutie marks? For helping others find theirs?

So, in latest episode, the cutie map only sent Pinkie and Rainbow on a quest. Maybe the other matchups could be...

Applejack and Fluttershy, who need to interact more imo

And

Twilight and Rarity, the two magic users. :)

Although I'm not sure what their quests will be. It seems like any of the mane six could have done the quest RD and PP were sent to do...

So, in latest episode, the cutie map only sent Pinkie and Rainbow on a quest. Maybe the other matchups could be...

Applejack and Fluttershy, who need to interact more imo

And

Twilight and Rarity, the two magic users. :)

Although I'm not sure what their quests will be. It seems like any of the mane six could have done the quest RD and PP were sent to do...

True, any of the mane six could have done the quest. But Pinkie and RD are the obvious choice because of their past with Gilda. It wouldn't have been the same if the others went.. although I was a little disappointed that Twilight didn't go..

True, any of the mane six could have done the quest. But Pinkie and RD are the obvious choice because of their past with Gilda. It wouldn't have been the same if the others went.. although I was a little disappointed that Twilight didn't go..

So, what do you think he other map quests would be? :o If they all relate to someone in their past. Maybe Trixie?

Hmm, we have a cyclops ram in the griffin episode, and look to the south on the map.

large.png

Maybe land of the rams? Possible G4 Grogar?

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

Honestly, I hope that when this show ends, it has a really good, solid ending, like Toy Story 3 (I'm sadly aware of Toy Story 4) and the mane six were all to become something more important, something ponies can rely on, or princesses (but not Alicorns, or living in castles).

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Is it true in Season 5 that Rarity is going to move her business to Canterlot in order to become famous and successful? And what about Rainbow Dash being a Wonderbolt and Twilight becoming Celestia and Luna's successor?

Edited by MAIKUN

A while back there was a leak from the card game confirming "nightmare star" for the show, along with a picture. There was also a leak telling of a Luna nightmare episode, along with the return of nightmare moon. Given that the next episode is almost certainly a Luna one, I am predicting an epic Nightmare Star VS Nightmare Moon fight scene. This will be AWESOME

• Brohoof 1

A while back there was a leak from the card game confirming "nightmare star" for the show, along with a picture. There was also a leak telling of a Luna nightmare episode, along with the return of nightmare moon. Given that the next episode is almost certainly a Luna one, I am predicting an epic Nightmare Star VS Nightmare Moon fight scene. This will be AWESOME

Not sure where this whole "Nightmare Moon returns" thing came from (she did "return" in S4 as a flashback), but the "Princess Luna nightmare" thing was no leak; it was an announcement at last year's SDCC. As for the "Nightmare Star" card, I don't know if that's a screenshot from the upcoming episode or a piece of fan art, because the TCG has used fan art for some of its cards before (though those other fan art examples may have already been made public before getting used on the cards).

I also know Nightmare Star was deliberately teased on Twitter as some kind of spoiler, and the cards have had many spoilers before. Let's just hope this particular spoiler isn't something that could be misinterpreted; people thought Cheese Sandwich would be showing up in "Party Pooped" because his card mentioned Yakyakistan.

Given this season's focus on Cutie Marks, "Bloom and Gloom," "Appaloosa's Most Wanted," and other CMC shenanigans, I'm honestly somewhat suspicious that the CMC's may earn their cutie marks in the finale.

But at the same time, Starlight Glimmer is still out and about, so they'll probably need to resolve her plot line, too, which may take the place of the CMC's chance to finally earn.